Norwich City 3 : 1 Sheffield Wednesday OMDT

JUst imagine how much of a birthday someone with pace would have against this lot...

Usual stuff, we need another one or two to kill the game off, otherwise  a mistake by us or the referee will cost us.

I didn't think there would be side that carries less threat than us.

Hooper hasn't shaken off having studs raked down his Achilles after about 15 minutes....

1 minute ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Good away performance so far, really need a second though to kill it off as they won't come back from that. Just hope we don't go into our shells and let the inevitable equaliser happen. 

Thats what weve done, attack attack ffs

1 minute ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Shows how people see it differently, I thought Jones was our best player.

Did all the dirty stuff. Fouled them when necessary, broke up play - very solid performance from a good pro experienced in the dark arts.

I agree, he's getting pelters on here but clearly his designated role today is 'spoiler', plain and simple. He's doing that, just needs to do it without giving away a free kick every other tackle.

We are the least worst of two teams clearly lacking confidence. We slowed down after we scored when a decent side would have gone up a gear and taken advantage and gone in at half time 2 or 3 up.  Doubt Norwich can play worse than that in the second half. So unless we are willing to up the tempo and (seriously) attempt to score again,  I have a bad feeling about this...

Just now, Not Jon Newsome said:

Good away performance so far, really need a second though to kill it off as they won't come back from that. Just hope we don't go into our shells and let the inevitable equaliser happen. 

That's how i saw it 

I purposely didn't come into the thread and am amazed that there's negativity especially about Jones he's done all that's asked of him in the centre breaking up play and just staying out of the book when he probably should have been cautioned 

• Like 1

I'm getting old , even though we are winning I just can't see the positives .

We give the ball away so casually , stupid needless free kicks , absolutely no aggession in the tackle or to close players down .

And to cap it all no one seems to mind ,players, commentators , fans , no one bats an eye

Norwich  are garbage and there to be taken , speed it up FFS!!!!

3 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Shows how people see it differently, I thought Jones was our best player.

Did all the dirty stuff. Fouled them when necessary, broke up play - very solid performance from a good pro experienced in the dark arts.

He fouled so much because he was all over the place. Players were waltzing past him and he gave it away a lot.

The defence is playing well though. I can’t tell you how nice it is to see van aken taking shorter strides when he is facing up! 

Guest Copthorneowl

Hooper definitely off his normal pace and quality today perhaps carrying a knock. This game is crying out for some pace I think Joao would ideal with 25 to go their defenders look as  nervous as ours.

Just now, Lawrie Madden said:

That's how i saw it 

I purposely didn't come into the thread and am amazed that there's negativity especially about Jones he's done all that's asked of him in the centre breaking up play and just staying out of the book when he probably should have been cautioned 

Great minds mate lol

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/263792-norwich-city-v-sheffield-wednesday-omdt/?do=findComment&comment=7779149

1 minute ago, Lawrie Madden said:

That's how i saw it 

Is he necessary though Mick?...Given how poor Norwich seem to be?