Time To Start Adthe Nuhiu

1 minute ago, Davidioso said:

Eh?

I was just adding to your comment not criticizing you.

Sorry if you took offence

No...sorry my fault for misunderstanding your response. No probs. Getting a bit jittery at the thought of 4 hours of Christmas shopping with the wife this afternoon !!

39 minutes ago, Davidioso said:

He often occupies two defenders. He's rarely appreciated for this.

Holds the ball up well and creates opportunities for others.

We were doing a lot better when he was around!

All forwards generally occupy 2 defenders...basic statistics tell you that...most teams play 4 or more defenders, not many play more than 2 forwards

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

If I said to you Leon Clarke would score 9 goals in November would you have believed me. Nuhiu may surprise us. And let's face it, it's not exactly like Rhodes and Fletcher aren't missing chance after chance is it. I not saying replace him with Hooper am I.

As for the 4-4-2 with wingers. Perfect play it. but with Nuhiu partnering Hooper as the two. At least then we got the option to go long earlier.

CLarke has been managed by a manager that motivate and get the best out of average players we have Carlos, who takes good players and does not improve them, Nuihu though a nice bloke is not the answer.

The answer is simple play a formation with the players and structure you have to get the best out of them or let someone else come in who will.

Rewind 3 years and I can't believe that Nuhiu is still at the club never mind starting. It shows how bad our attacking is that I agree he should start with Hooper. I still think he's technically the worst striker we have, but he showed some personality on Saturday which none of our other strikers do. It got the crowd going and we need that at the minute. He also applied himself and showed desire, I don't see that from any of the other strikers. I think none of our strikers except Hooper have really worked. Fletcher has had flashes but not sustained performance levels. We need a new approach to attacking and signing players. But in the meantime it's time for little and large up front and the ball sailing over bannans head. Maybe we should embrace the old school approach and go sign Stevie May? lol

3 minutes ago, Ian said:

All forwards generally occupy 2 defenders...basic statistics tell you that...most teams play 4 or more defenders, not many play more than 2 forwards

I bow to your superior knowledge!

I now realise people like Ryan Lowe, Stevie May and Jordan Rhodes occupy two defenders in exactly the same way as Big Dave does!

Thanks for enlightening me!

1 hour ago, Whatahoot said:

No start for Nuhiu, other teams will set up to nulify him and he misses too many chances. Far better option off the bench as a surprise package if we are up against it or a hold up player if we need to see it out. I rate him more than I do Fletcher that is for sure.

I love games where teams try to nulify Atdhe.

The only way they can do it is by using 2 defenders every time the ball comes his way

Creating space for Hooper, Lee or even Rhodes.

This does not happen when Fletcher leads the line.

38 minutes ago, Blatter said:

I love games where teams try to nulify Atdhe.

The only way they can do it is by using 2 defenders every time the ball comes his way

Creating space for Hooper, Lee or even Rhodes.

This does not happen when Fletcher leads the line.

That assumes they are only playing 2 at the back

55 minutes ago, Davidioso said:

I bow to your superior knowledge!

I now realise people like Ryan Lowe, Stevie May and Jordan Rhodes occupy two defenders in exactly the same way as Big Dave does!

Thanks for enlightening me!

Not my superior knowledge just basic maths....most of us did 4 divided by 2 in primary school but I suppose not everyone went to a good school

5 minutes ago, NYowl said:

Ian your hate for Nuhiu is just ridiculous an obsessive.

There is nothing even remotely tied to any hate of Nuhiu in that post or indeed any post of mine in this thread....the only obsession is the likes of yourself trying to imply there is

Come full circle then hasn't it?

All the Nuhius crap stuff of not so long ago...missing chances, can't shoot can't head etc etc...

Then we get Rhodes...Now yer Jordan Rhodes isn't scoring cos "We don't suit his style nor create the chances"

See the difference?

Nuhiu was excellent last Saturday, but I still think its an option from the bench rather than starting, because you start Big Dave, you KNOW how we are going to play..

TBH it really shouldn't matter against Norwich should it?..but I bet it will

37 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Would happily start the big man with hooper and even Rhodes . Yes he’s crap In front of goal but his work rate is double that of fletchers , he wins more headers and causes the opposition a lot more issues. 

No world beater but a proper work horse with more ability than people give him credit for .

The other advantage is his size and strength.

Central defenders get away with lots of holding, pushing and grappling due to weak refereeing.

It was noticable on Saturday that Dawson couldn't budge him when barrging in from behind.

He was able to win headers and bring the ball down from his chest at what was head height for most defenders, setting up chances for Hooper.

He is an asset without being a prolific scorer and brings more to the team than our other options, Fletcher, Joao and Rhodes.

55 minutes ago, NYowl said:

It's gone on for months.

There you go again....blatant lie......are you so devoid of interesting things to say that you have to make things up...... Nuhiu has been off the radar for nearly a year....no ones posted bugger all about him including me. Although I do recall posting yesterday that if he played like he did on Saturday every game then we'd have a winner.

You need to move on

1 hour ago, Ian said:

Not my superior knowledge just basic maths....most of us did 4 divided by 2 in primary school but I suppose not everyone went to a good school

Ian,  the fact that we play 11 v 11, regardless of formation, leads to a fairly obvious conclusion for most of us that if you station two players to oppose one it leaves you short in another area.

That mathmatically basic enough for you to absorb??