Van Aken "I'm not used to sitting on the bench"

1 hour ago, Oliver Read said:

Are you for real?

The Dutch league is ridiculously quick! Haven't you seen some of the talent which is developed there? The Dutch love a good, quick winger or full back and there is fantastic attacking talent coming out of there.

I can accept the argument that is doesn't quite match the physicality of the championship but if he had been coached properly and developed whilst at S6, that would have helped him.

Your 30 years out of date..holland are crap and so are their teams..its well known they havnt got any youth..the dutch fa are in turmoil

No issues us buying one for the future, a nice change from the norm to have some development potential rather than fletcher, abdi et al.

the odd thing for me is that he has clearly missed some fundamental defensive coaching in his career. I can’t recall seeing a player at his level where this is so clear and indeed has been since his debut.  It can be fixed relatively easily though. 

This time next year I think we will have a really good player on our hands.

The problem he has now is that every team we play will target him as the weak link .

It was obvious when he played with Lees that sides were pushing their bigger striker onto Van Aken and exposing his lack of physical strength and it will continue until he shows he can deal with it

He is also very one sided, craps himself if ball comes on his right hand side 

If Carlos did have the final say on signing him I would like to bet he had never seen him play live, just video 

2 hours ago, Lichfield alien said:

Your 30 years out of date..holland are crap and so are their teams..its well known they havnt got any youth..the dutch fa are in turmoil

You'll have a job since I'm not even 30 years old. 

Have you even seen the Ajax academy set up? Even some of the weaker teams develop some great young players! 

And as for your comment that we need to stop buying players from other countries. Looks like Wolves and Huddersfield did alright doing that...

Edited by Oliver Read

On 07/12/2017 at 19:17, Oliver Read said:

Are you for real?

The Dutch league is ridiculously quick! Haven't you seen some of the talent which is developed there? The Dutch love a good, quick winger or full back and there is fantastic attacking talent coming out of there.

I can accept the argument that is doesn't quite match the physicality of the championship but if he had been coached properly and developed whilst at S6, that would have helped him.

I meant up to pace wi championship. It might be a talented league but the teams are lightweight. Patrick Blondeau was a good fullback. 

9 hours ago, S1Owl said:

I meant up to pace wi championship. It might be a talented league but the teams are lightweight. Patrick Blondeau was a good fullback. 

Very true.

It is a nicey, nicey legue played at very slow tempo. Miles away from brand of football played in The Championship.