Happy Birthday Carlton Palmer!!

Happy Birthday Carlton.

As I was born in 1990 so I didn't have the pleasure of seeing Carlton in his prime with John Sheridan in the middle, I did however see him when we had him on loan back in 2001 and to be fair I think his leadership and experience would have put to much better value with a much better team, but back then no one could boost that shower of sh!te.

I had the pleasure of meeting Carlton a couple of years ago when I was working behind the bar, great guy, bought everybody that was there a drink (myself included), had some great stories to tell and was happy to pose for a picture and sign an autograph for anybody.

Many people believe Carlton is a controversial character, I disagree, he is just not a PR man, Carlton Palmer says a lot of things that many people think but are too frightened to say or are too sensitive to hear. Being "Controversial" does not mean that the man is wrong. Unfortunatly we live in a society now where you have to say the so called "right" thing or in other words the "safe" thing because if you don't the majority are down on you like a ton of bricks. Somebody like Carlton who says what he thinks and doesn't give a monkeys about the response because it is what he believes is right is a breath of fresh air to the 90% fakeness of the sport.

Question for you: If Carlton Palmer was playing today do you think he would get more, less or the same amount of England Caps???

UTO!!!