Carlos "Matias deserved to play on Saturday"

17 hours ago, alanharper said:

What? 

He didn't play last week because we played 442 rather than the 433 that he's more suited to, but he still played on Saturday in a 442 but got taken off when we switched to 3 up front...

My thoughts exactly ..

If Marcos deserved to play, fine. Then why not let him play for the 2nd half. He might have been quiet in the first half, but hauling him off for the 2nd wouldn't have done his confidence or match fitness much good. Could have gone 4-3-3 and left him on baring in mind he's just said he's more suited to a 4-3-3 yet plays him in a 4-4-2 and takes him off when its 4-3-3

He needs a run of games to get in to a rhythm .. stoopid expecting a player to come in after months in the wilderness and hoping they'll be an instant game changer .. preposterous!

Yet another bizarre and confusing team selection and statement..

actually the more I think of it the more i :duntmatter:

Christ .... can not fathom what goes on in his mind sometimes!

Edited by Hack-Abusi

The whole issue here is one of persistence vs ad hoc. Wallace gets a run of games no matter how poo he plays.  Then the odd game he scores a belter and half the forum cream. 

Palmer makes a mistake in an odd game and loses his place to Hunt who has been generally stuck with even when playing badly. 

Matias has got undoubted ability has spent 2 years grafting his nuts off to come back from injury and has a bad half. 

Joao has the odd half here and there. 

I promise you this if we persisted with players who have more ability than half of our first team in there little toe we'd be a much better side. 

Instead we get these threads based on judgement of a player on 2 performances per year. 

You're worse than Carlos. 

17 hours ago, handworth52 said:

reason he started is cause Wallace has been so bad this season ,Wallace should have been replaced in the summer with a more pacey player ,the last 3 times ive seen matias he has been garbage clearly needs to go back to Portugal on loan in January and hopefully go in summer. maybe chansiri could buy carlos and matias plane tickets so there seated together.

Agree re Wallace except he should have been replaced the previous summer! Lets face it Carlos forced Matias into a 4-4-2 which he very rarely deviates from in his starting 11.

Matias "performance" Saturday was just indicative of his time here.

Matias gets game against Fulham, is red-carded and essentially it's an early finish to his season. This week he does next to nothing, in fact worse than that as he gave the ball away more than finding his own players, and thereby ensuring he won't be starting anytime soon. Add in to this his glass legs and he has been one hell of a waste of money, presumably signed on Carlos's advice.    

On ‎04‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 18:04, asteener1867 said:

Hard to defend that statement from Carlos...

Marco proved more or less that he didn't deserve to play, on account of he did nowt....

As soon as I saw him swap wings I groaned, cos Wednesday always did that in the past when they ran out of ideas...

The substitution proved he "Didn't deserve to play"...

Marco M isn't match fit. After the length of time he's been out of the first team he will need time to get up to speed. I'm not commenting on whether he should be a first team player just on the fact that I'm not surprised he didn't have the greatest performance. If we don't give players a chance to get match fit we will have to play the same ones each week, which we seem to do most weeks. After recent performances we need some options to change things.