Carlos "Matias deserved to play on Saturday"

Carlos Carvalhal.jpg

Sheffield Wednesday Head Coach Carlos Carvalhal told The Star: “He deserved to play because he has been training really well" 

“Marco is a nice guy"

He almost played in the last game if we had decided to play 4-3-3. But when we decided to play 4-4-2, that’s why he didn’t play"

“But he deserved a lot to play (on Saturday)" 

“It wasn’t easy for Marco. The game was not easy for him in the first half"

They closed the spaces, so when the opposition are very compact we have to use a different approach. We had difficulties trying to achieve different spaces.”

“It was difficult for us, because they frustrated our dynamic. We did a very bad first half"

“We changed things with a Plan B. We played three strikers in attack, and played on the offensive in the second half"

“We scored two goals, hit the post, had a clear penalty, and then Hull went to our goal, they achieved their second goal.” 

Owlstalk Shop

The way Carlos sets up eliminates the space not the opposition closing down, when Westwood has the ball the full backs push too far up the pitch condensing the space for anyone to show for the ball in, there's no pass on, hence Bannan then drops far too deep and we end up playing sideways and backwards with the Centre Backs .

Guest everydays_wednesday

‘They frustrated our dynamic......’

Reminds me of Life of Brian....’what I wouldn’t give to be hung in manacles the right way up’

’What I wouldn’t give to see something dynamic’

Everytime I've seen him play I've been a bit "meh".

Apart from a wonder goal against L##ds he's never really done anything of note.

I know he's never really had a real run of games and im sure there's a footballer in there but he will join the lengthening list of players like Abdi, Melo ect that will never be seen to their best here.

Hard to defend that statement from Carlos...

Marco proved more or less that he didn't deserve to play, on account of he did nowt....

As soon as I saw him swap wings I groaned, cos Wednesday always did that in the past when they ran out of ideas...

The substitution proved he "Didn't deserve to play"...

57 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Carlos Carvalhal.jpg

He almost played in the last game if we had decided to play 4-3-3. But when we decided to play 4-4-2, that’s why he didn’t play"

What? 

He didn't play last week because we played 442 rather than the 433 that he's more suited to, but he still played on Saturday in a 442 but got taken off when we switched to 3 up front...

• Haha 7

Dunno what goes through Carlos’ head sometimes. One minute Matias isn’t judged good enough for the bench, the next minute he’s thrown straight into the starting line up. Did he honestly think a guy who’d hardly kicked a ball and didn’t look match fit would make an instant impact. Giving him 20mins against that Bristol City fullback who turned like a JCB would of been a better way to throw him in, can’t of done worse than Joao did!

reason he started is cause Wallace has been so bad this season ,Wallace should have been replaced in the summer with a more pacey player ,the last 3 times ive seen matias he has been garbage clearly needs to go back to Portugal on loan in January and hopefully go in summer. maybe chansiri could buy carlos and matias plane tickets so there seated together.

49 minutes ago, MightyOwl said:

Dunno what goes through Carlos’ head sometimes. One minute Matias isn’t judged good enough for the bench, the next minute he’s thrown straight into the starting line up. Did he honestly think a guy who’d hardly kicked a ball and didn’t look match fit would make an instant impact. Giving him 20mins against that Bristol City fullback who turned like a JCB would of been a better way to throw him in, can’t of done worse than Joao did!

He was proper crap, was he a center half playing out of position, was he a footballer? He was there for the taking. I think my whole game plan would have been chucked in the bin after seeing him for 5 mins. "Just run at that big daft balloon, everytime. Don't F abart wi it, just get at the clown." But we didn't.

1 hour ago, Walt said:

He was proper crap, was he a center half playing out of position, was he a footballer? He was there for the taking. I think my whole game plan would have been chucked in the bin after seeing him for 5 mins. "Just run at that big daft balloon, everytime. Don't F abart wi it, just get at the clown." But we didn't.

We don't GET AT anybody I'm afraid!:picnic: