Becoming a laughing stock.

Listening to radio Sheffield news early this morning the reporter was talking of 'another Carlos rant' and played the meltdown clip from Saturdays post match interview where he was blaming the ref who in fact turned out to probably have made the right decision and also overturned the linesmans off side decision for our first goal. 

The news clip was done in such a way that led you to believe there was some mockery of Carlos. 

Sad to hear but it did make me cringe hearing that interview again. 

Edited by Vic Flange

1 minute ago, OxonOwl said:

Whatever your criticisms of CC it is a fact there is a real possibility that these decisions may cost him his job. I think I'd be pretty annoyed.

Damn correct decisions *Shakes fist*

What will cost him his job is the 5 shots on target or whatever daft thing it was in an entire month of football. Yes, referees have been generally poor in our games, but there's no point in him looking anywhere other than a mirror for how dire we've been this season. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

Whatever your criticisms of CC it is a fact there is a real possibility that these decisions may cost him his job. I think I'd be pretty annoyed.

His inability to be able to motivate a  his team and his stubbornness will cost him his job not the match officials or fans come to that .

24 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Damn correct decisions *Shakes fist*

What will cost him his job is the 5 shots on target or whatever daft thing it was in an entire month of football. Yes, referees have been generally poor in our games, but there's no point in him looking anywhere other than a mirror for how dire we've been this season. 

7 minutes ago, Vic Flange said:

That is correct studentowl. The fact is the way we have been playing the bad decisions we have had have had a big impact whereas if we had played how we know we can then then that impact would have been greatly lessened. 

Trying to "control" games lends itself to being caught out by bad decisions  lucky goals, late goals etc. When we pass the ball quickly we cause everybody problems. As well as creating chances for us it limits the opposition's ambition.

When we start slowly it gives the opposition confidence. This is more pronounced against the bottom teams, the majority of which, it may be said are there because they lack confidence. We set up to protect ourselves rather than to threaten them which gives them confidence hence our poor record against the lesser teams and our uncanny ability to break teams' bad runs of form.

It's often been said that the chairman made a mistake when he retained Carlos after Huddersfield.

But Carlos too made one, I think.

He probably underestimated the impact on his players of a second play-off defeat, as that is the real problem this season.

The same thing is happening at Reading and Fulham, and it happened at Ipswich too - and two of those three clubs have managers often admired on this site.

If any club wants to go for gold a third consecutive season, then it's unlikely it can be done with the same manager.

Quite right Bagarri these things usually even themselves out over a season and he could end up with more than a little egg on his face. 

Just fire the team up and get them playing how we know they can and the rest will take care of itself. And more importantly the fans will be happier. 

49 minutes ago, Vic Flange said:

Listening to radio Sheffield news early this morning the reporter was talking of 'another Carlos rant' and played the meltdown clip from Saturdays post match interview where he was blaming the ref who in fact turned out to probably have made the right decision and also overturned the linesmans off side decision for our first goal. 

The news clip was done in such a way that led you to believe there was some mockery of Carlos. 

Sad to hear but it did make me cringe hearing that interview again. 

Just now, KernowOwl said:

When did we start caring what radio Sheffield think?

Beat me to it lol 

Radio Sheffield have reported nothing less than what impression I got after listening to our head coach try and blame everything and everyone bar himself. He is becoming a parody of himself with his rants. Compare that to the manager of the team across the city who complimented his opponents and criticised himself and his players for their defeat.

I wish he'd walk but who wants to admit they can't do the job and lose money too.

I like Carlos but he's clearly not able to get us going again like in his first season. Don't know why but he can't.

I don't want to see him hounded out with fans booing him.  

Chansiri needs to act quickly before top six is impossible and we get totally battered in the next Derby game.