It’s not Nuhiu’s, Reach’s or van Aken’s fault that we drew today....

23 minutes ago, torres said:

So if the centre forward misses countless chances and we draw 0-0 it’s the managers fault?

If the keeper lets one through his legs and we lose 1-0 it’s the managers fault

It’s all relative. It all should be considered against the tactics employed. 

In your first scenario then “no” because, obviously, the manager’s tactics have provided the centre-forward with all of the chances. 

In your second scenario then “maybe”. It depends if the manager’s team has been set up to invite the opposition on irrespective of the opposition’s quality or form. 

11 minutes ago, Lomas613 said:

What I’m saying is sometimes plans need to be scrapped and do all you can to get the goal/ win even if it means going against the managers ideas. The team have their own ideas etc surely

Football doesn’t work like that. Players play to instruction. They work within a framework but are restricted by that framework. They have to observe defensive and offensive shape. They are instructed where to be when their team have and don’t have possession. This is a fundamental at all levels of football and becomes the case more so as you get higher up the leagues. 

2 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Football doesn’t work like that. Players play to instruction. They work within a framework but are restricted by that framework. They have to observe defensive and offensive shape. They are instructed where to be when their team have and don’t have possession. This is a fundamental at all levels of football and becomes the case more so as you get higher up the leagues. 

I know that I’m just saying figuratively speaking they should sort of rebel against CC tactics and go for it 

14 minutes ago, the monk said:

Mistakes by refs and players will always cost us points because barring a couple of matches  a season we are never in full control of a game , it's always a one goal lead or drawing .

How many times despite our resources have we cruised to a win?

This. Blaming players and refs just masks the real reason we aren’t winning. 

to Be fair he seems damed if he does and damed if he doesnt.. he tried to change the system by including Matais it didn’t work so he changed formation and personnel and it worked.. you can’t legislate for errors mistakes. Wrong choice at the wrong time.. that’s the players nothing to do with the manager.. I’m not a happy clapper and I’m as frustrated as the nxt man.. but the players need to look at themselves.. errors and mistakes are costing us..  it’s 50/50.. manager and players.. when you see someone come on who hardly gets a sniff of footy hungry and on less money than our big stars..and  does a better job they need to take responsibility.. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shandypants said:

lol very good! You know what I meant. 

Yes, absolutely. 

It’s something that has absolutely gripped my bobbar for a long time. 

We’ve seemed to have wanted to ‘grow’ into the game for a long time. The problem with that is that we often start so slow that we are pften chasing the game, by which point the opposition has changed their tactics to stifle us and defend a lead. 

6 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Although far from a vintage performance I thought when the game went to 2-1 it was a fair reflection of the game. So to only get a point is a bit frustrating but at Ipswich we got a late point I thought we didnt 100% deserve.

Swings and roundabouts.

My thoughts exactly. 

Look at the FACTS. When  their second goal was scored, te ball dropped to TWO Hull City players completely unmarked, on the corner of our 6 yard box..  It doesn't m,atter how the ball got there, we had once again switched off! What ever happened to the old adage - if you're in front, and defending, especially in the 95th minute- the best place for the ball s in top of the stand!

2 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

Look at the FACTS. When  their second goal was scored, te ball dropped to TWO Hull City players completely unmarked, on the corner of our 6 yard box..  It doesn't m,atter how the ball got there, we had once again switched off! What ever happened to the old adage - if you're in front, and defending, especially in the 95th minute- the best place for the ball s in top of the stand!

Yeah, funnily enough it was exactly where Liam Palmer should have been, but once again him being out of position has cost us a goal and 2 points to go with it. He is either idle or a terrible right back, whatever the problem is, he needs replacing ASAP. 

6 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

Ahh. That old adage.