Venancio

40 minutes ago, Etchesketch said:

People have said he was only signed as backup but surely Venancio can't have been made aware of this because I don't believe he would have come otherwise. A few extra quid maybe.  Why would a regular and captain of his club come here as back up?

McGeady said that Carlos was all over him, but then never played him.

Maybe it's the same situation here with Venancio.

Must be half of his signings have ended up not starting games when you would have expected them to!

Buckley

McGeady

McManaman

Abdi

Matias(Been fit since about January) 

Lachman

Venancio

Emanuelson

Wiggins

Sougou

McGugan

Thought Butterfield was going to be another one after 1 start in first two months but looks like that has changed now

7 hours ago, s6 owl said:

How pointless is this signing? comes in on loan with a view to a permanent deal and he hasn't even played one minute for the 1st team yet despite us being garbage defensively.

Why don't we just save funds and promote someone from the youth set up? 

Its just bizarre.

There are thousands upon thousands of wages that have been/are  paid for players that are on our books; but dont seem to be genuinely SWFC players.

Something smells rotten in Denmark. It'll all come out in the wash at some point, why is this money being paid? & who receives it?

Too much money & too many players; for it to be just bad transfers in my opinion.

Edited by zzmdu

28 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

On this seasons showing I would have put Sasso in front of all our centre halfs. At least with Sasso you had a player that would come out of  defence with the ball and offer a goal threat from set pieces. He is a far better player than calamity Loovens.

spot on mate

Sasso was improving ,he made the odd mistake,but carried it out from the back better than any of the

others maybe apart from Hutch when he covered there,watching Loovens try to do it a couple of times yesterday made my toes curl

Edited by asteener1867

2 hours ago, Etchesketch said:

People have said he was only signed as backup but surely Venancio can't have been made aware of this because I don't believe he would have come otherwise. A few extra quid maybe.  Why would a regular and captain of his club come here as back up?

As I remember it.

As he is right footed we were told he was back up for Tom Lees.

Hence the reason for no game time.

But where's Tom now.

FFS.

1 hour ago, zzmdu said:

There are thousands upon thousands of wages that have been/are  paid for players that are on our books; but dont seem to be genuinely SWFC players.

Something smells rotten in Denmark. It'll all come out in the wash at some point, why is this money being paid? & who receives it?

Too much money & too many players; for it to be just bad transfers in my opinion.

Theres definitely something fishy going on.

All these bizarre transfers that never play.  Theres only so much you can plausibly chalk up to incompetence...

Here is a youtube video of him, because we have never seem him play and what he looks like they have circled him for us - thanks.

Looks like a defender who gets his foot in and positioning looks ok, he attacks the ball at set pieces amd scores a good few goals in this clip.

Looks like a defender we kinda need at minute. 

I can only think that the signings of Venancio and Urby were down to the loan windows not being open after the transfer window closes and therefore they were our safety net signings in case of injury disasters which didn’t materialise in Urby’s case and hadn’t yet in Venancio’s albeit I would like to see him on the right side of CB in the absence of Lees rather than Van Aken.

• Thanks 1