The missing link...

... in my opinion is Hutch.

Far too much gets through the midfield without his energy and tenacity, things look much more solid when he plays.

I also think this could be what Carlos alluded to with his "end of season" reason for not attacking.

I remember him saying in an interview before this season began about needing the defending/defence to be better to allow the attackers to do their thing.

I reckon he doesn't feel comfortable unleashing the force without a solid platform...

Hutch, or that type of player is a big miss However, we are woefully short of players who can run at opponents On any weekend, how many goals are scored by players running either into space, or directly at defenders So many goals are scored in transitions We can't do it, because we simply don't have that type of player

there is no such thing as a missing link i hate that saying if a team needs to rely on one single player week in week out then im afraid u have got big big problems hutch is a great player but far to injury prone has been all his career theres one thing for sure our season is slowly drifting out to sea like a ship with no rudder and are fanbase week by week are losing are insanity.

42 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Missing link for me at the minute is a manager that can motivate and get the best out of these players from the very first minute of a game. 

Exactly right.

Our tempo and drive first half was 1/10. And we were a distant second best to a dreadful Hull side.

Our tempo and drive second half was 9/10. And that same Hull side found us unplayable.

11 hours ago, slinger208b said:

... in my opinion is Hutch.

Far too much gets through the midfield without his energy and tenacity, things look much more solid when he plays.

I also think this could be what Carlos alluded to with his "end of season" reason for not attacking.

I remember him saying in an interview before this season began about needing the defending/defence to be better to allow the attackers to do their thing.

I reckon he doesn't feel comfortable unleashing the force without a solid platform...

The missing link is Carlos's P45.

So now it's not the fans. It's not the weather. It's not the ref. It's not Kieron Lees absence. It's not Hooper missing. It's not Fessi missing.  It's now Hutch missing ?

It would be comical if our season wasn't almost down the toilet.

It's Carlos. We all know it. Don't make any more excuses for him, he makes enough himself.

1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

So now it's not the fans. It's not the weather. It's not the ref. It's not Kieron Lees absence. It's not Hooper missing. It's not Fessi missing.  It's now Hutch missing ?

It would be comical if our season wasn't almost down the toilet.

It's Carlos. We all know it. Don't make any more excuses for him, he makes enough himself.

Nothing to do with excuses.

Just an opinion based on an observation...

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Exactly right.

Our tempo and drive first half was 1/10. And we were a distant second best to a dreadful Hull side.

Our tempo and drive second half was 9/10. And that same Hull side found us unplayable.

You can't just flick a switch and up the tempo and drive.

The game changed because we changed formation. The 3 forwards gave their defence a lot more to think about and we were able to get the ball forward quicker, confident it would stick with Dave playing a blinder. 

Carlos didn't just flick the magic tempo switch at half time.

Your favourite set up once again, failed. It hampers us massively with the players we've got.