Carlos on Radio Sheffield

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

Butters was awful.

Matias was lousy.

Abdi has been terrible for us.

Hooper cant play lone-striker. Didnt you see how good he was with Nuhiu, and dont you think those 10 goals he has playing with Fletch or Nuhiu tell you something about how best to play him?

Yet was the best player in the championship a year before he joined and was a regular starter in the premier league the season before

Clearly he’s had injury problems but there’s been games when he’s been available and not selected 

I wonder if like others, he’s not getting the kind of love/support from his manager that is needed 

Just now, Miffed said:

I dont care if Im going against the grain.

Carlos made changes to the line up today and to the formation. The intention was to play differently but Hull also lined up differently to what they have been recently. It didnt work. The manager knows that, the fans know that.... Every one knows that. No one is really arguing that the first half wasnt good enough. But Carlos did his job. He made the changes and we were much better second half. I dont see how anyone can argue with that

I respect you for standing your ground despite being on the whole incorrect

lol

Seriously though I heard what Carlos said about how he trained this week and how it didn't work but you don't have to go a full 45 minutes to realise and make the change (after going a goal down at home)

Shoving Matias straight into the starting line up was naive at the very least. That wasn't ever going to work out.

But you're almost implying that Carlos played the right tactical game when in reality we played the wrong starting lineup, played terribly in the first half, went a goal down and then went for it only to throw it away again through yet more slack defending in the closing minutes

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Southie_Owl said:

Yet was the best player in the championship a year before he joined and was a regular starter in the premier league the season before

Clearly he’s had injury problems but there’s been games when he’s been available and not selected 

I wonder if like others, he’s not getting the kind of love/support from his manager that is needed 

Maybe. But you can only go on what players do for us, and there is no way you would (or could given he has become so brittle) build your midfield around Abdi. Its straw clutching in the extreme to say that Abdi and/or Matias are the answer.

We saw the answer today. For 45 minutes we played with our best 15/16 tempo and direct play, and it raised the roof and it scared a defence who until then had been strolling in the park.

Wasn't at the game today due to work but heard the commentary and seen the equaliser. Catalogue of errors but ultimately van Aken has to smash it into row Z game over.  

After that they went to piggys for a summary.  Keith Edwards said that in this league you can lose a few games and still do well if you 'go for it' like to be fair they have. CC did in his first year and is now trying to steer us up safely.  Won't work. Maybe it's too late but good players don't become bad players overnight.  

Im an advocate for change but it won't happen so we are where we are, CC needs to go back to his early instincts and take the brake off. 

22 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Butters was awful.

Matias was lousy.

Abdi has been terrible for us.

Hooper cant play lone-striker. Didnt you see how good he was with Nuhiu, and dont you think those 10 goals he has playing with Fletch or Nuhiu tell you something about how best to play him?

Trying then in a different formation might suit them better though? 

Abdi has has never been given a run in the team. 

Hooper can play the lone striker if players are getting in position to support him. 

58 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Thing is, he did manage to turn it around. Then we threw it away again! 

Jusy like we did against United. From the outside it appears The team has been molly coddled under him and it shows at key times. Playoff finals, semis, games when we can go top two or in this seasons case...too many games!

I don't think they've been molly coddled, but I do think we've signed a lot of nice tidy footballers who are too nice. There's a major lack of passionate winning mentality, leadership and ruthlessness in this side, we get some when Sam and Glen are playing, but I think the majority of this squad is very light on attitude and bravery, there's definitely some who suit yellow shirts. Is this the managers fault maybe,if your going to win things you need to sign winners, players with a strong mental attitude. 

7 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

I don't think they've been molly coddled, but I do think we've signed a lot of nice tidy footballers who are too nice. There's a major lack of passionate winning mentality, leadership and ruthlessness in this side, we get some when Sam and Glen are playing, but I think the majority of this squad is very light on attitude and bravery, there's definitely some who suit yellow shirts. Is this the managers fault maybe,if your going to win things you need to sign winners, players with a strong mental attitude. 

I agree generally, but in bringing those players in en mass we have created that. I think the players try their best but when some of them have come here as a step down from the premier, how desperate are they to return? It has to be a subconscious thing and it doesn’t apply to all of the squad.

Carlos admitted to mentality issues in the Media early this season. I can see why he will refuse to criticise in the media as no player would like that. But he very rarely criticises the team as a whole, even when it needs to be said. There was no way we should’ve allowed that to slip today and the likes of a Rowett, Monk, Warnock and Wilder would just say so.

When he first arrived I thought his 100% positive approach was just right and it was motivational at that time. But over three years I think it has started to contribute to the problems we are now having.

Edited by Bluesteel

The guy is an absolute clown. It's pathetic. 

But it's also so so sad. Here is a man who, after years of utter desperation and failure managed to give this club the best year in 15-20 years prior to it. He could have walked away head held high as the shining light that started the new beginning.

But instead he continues to be here progressing further and further down the road of becoming so disliked tarnishing everything he has achieved. It's a massive shame. 

I'm at the stage now where I can't stand him.