Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Lord Snooty

Carlos on Radio Sheffield

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

That was not an easy listen - I felt sorry for him


I did to a point

But then I had a light shine down from god who said "listen... listen to what he's actually really saying here... listen.... you will hear it... ti's the ramblings of a man who is under serious pressure, who's team is failing, but who keeps repeating the same actions time after time after time after time and expecting a better result"

I listened to god.

He gave me the light

I'm no longer in favour of Carlos remaining

  • Agree 2
  • Haha 1

 


Amazon | Broadband | AirBnb

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

He did sound passionate but lost on a few questions. He's right about the ref this time though. The ref changes games nowadays as much as goals but we do star with no urgency to stamp authority on game. Like we used to. 

Aye but you notice the ref more because we don’t take anything else away from the match because were crap. A win and a good performance would cover that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

I feel sorry for him. He sounded stressed. 

 

He's part of the problem. He should have gone after the Huddersfield playoff for me because the football last season was dire despite a higher position than the previous season. Didn't want him to go when this season started because the time wasn't right but it's getting to the time to cut your losses

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:


I did to a point

But then I had a light shine down from god who said "listen... listen to what he's actually really saying here... listen.... you will hear it... ti's the ramblings of a man who is under serious pressure, who's team is failing, but who keeps repeating the same actions time after time after time after time and expecting a better result"

I listened to god.

He gave me the light

I'm no longer in favour of Carlos remaining

When Neil turns then the manager's days are numbered :biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's got nothing left but the man who matters buys it...

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Think tank said:

 

Having Bannan and Butterfield sitting a bit deeper with 3 in front would work.

 

Bannan Butterfield

 

Matias Abdi Reach

 

         Hooper

 

 

It gives Bannan more options to link up play in front of him.

 

The formation is a massive problem!

 

Sadly we have a manager who wouldn’t want to use a modern day thinking formation. Last season we were also capable of fielding a 4231 side with the likes of Forestieri and Abdi behind a striker but it was never tried 

 

I wonder whether there’s any manager out there that would come into the club and believe he has a 442 squad because our wingers are so effective 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crazy interview, he was trying to take credit for changing the game by chucking 3 players on just after half time. Wouldn't have come to this if we had started with the correct team and tactics.  Same old story every week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The key points were missing in the whole interview.

 

Regardless of the slow start, the idea of winning in last 20 was working but we didn’t see it out.

 

Penalty not given but Lino overruled for second conveniently not mentioned. We made a hash of a clearance at the end of the game and that was glossed over.

 

CC has (usually) always protected his players and tried to be positive, but sometimes you just have to say that we didn’t do our job properly and panicked at the end under pressure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:


I did to a point

But then I had a light shine down from god who said "listen... listen to what he's actually really saying here... listen.... you will hear it... ti's the ramblings of a man who is under serious pressure, who's team is failing, but who keeps repeating the same actions time after time after time after time and expecting a better result"

I listened to god.

He gave me the light

I'm no longer in favour of Carlos remaining

 


I actually found it hard to disagree with much of what Carlos was saying.

 

He setup like we all wanted him to. 2 out and out wingers for a change, two attack minded centre midfielders and an up front pairing that has worked so often in the past.

 

BUT ......Can you actually believe the bare faced cheek of Hull turning up and wanting to get something out of the game too? I mean, theyve been scoring themselves but have a terrible defensive record..... they should have just turned up and rolled over, but no... they were more compact, played with two banks of 4, sat back and didnt get drawn out of position and gave us very little time on the ball in their half. How dare they????

 

Im not saying that the first half was any good, far from it....but in fairness to Carlos he made the change. And it worked. And I dont think anyone can come away from that game thinking that we didnt deserve all three points.

And hes also right about the penalty decision. Blatant handball.... penalty and a red card. We score the penalty and its 2-1 against 10 men and the game is entirely different. The player sent off doent get to punish us by scoring the equaliser as hes not on the pitch.

And people say that these decisions balance themselves out. Youre having a laugh.


Dont get me wrong, I thought (and still think) that he should have been sacked after the United game..... but based on the above, Carlos is right. I think Rob Staton came across very poor, didnt listen to what Carlos what saying and repeated the same questions. It just seems fashionable for RS to give Carlos an hard time at the minute while being very sympathetic towards other local managers

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When will Chansiri realise that it's over for us this season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

"What do you want me to do, start a game with 3 strikers on the pitch?!?!"

 

Well. Yes actually.

No one else does this so he claims... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ref blaming again for a very average performance. Yes the ref was poor and we should have had a penalty but I didn't hear Carlos discussing how the ref had overturned the linesmans off side decision for the first goal and how the ref at ipswich had allowed loovens to stay on the pitch. 

We do seem to get more than our share of poor decisions but fact is we should be putting in performances where poor ref decisions or irrelevant. 

It's a sad indictment of where we are that atdhe Nuhiu was our man of the match and only came on at 52mins. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NYowl said:

Crazy interview, he was trying to take credit for changing the game by chucking 3 players on just after half time. Wouldn't have come to this if we had started with the correct team and tactics.  Same old story every week.

 

Thing is, he did manage to turn it around. Then we threw it away again! 

 

Jusy like we did against United. From the outside it appears The team has been molly coddled under him and it shows at key times. Playoff finals, semis, games when we can go top two or in this seasons case...too many games!

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Miffed said:

 


I actually found it hard to disagree with much of what Carlos was saying.

 

He setup like we all wanted him to. 2 out and out wingers for a change, two attack minded centre midfielders and an up front pairing that has worked so often in the past.

 

BUT ......Can you actually believe the bare faced cheek of Hull turning up and wanting to get something out of the game too? I mean, theyve been scoring themselves but have a terrible defensive record..... they should have just turned up and rolled over, but no... they were more compact, played with two banks of 4, sat back and didnt get drawn out of position and gave us very little time on the ball in their half. How dare they????

 

Im not saying that the first half was any good, far from it....but in fairness to Carlos he made the change. And it worked. And I dont think anyone can come away from that game thinking that we didnt deserve all three points.

And hes also right about the penalty decision. Blatant handball.... penalty and a red card. We score the penalty and its 2-1 against 10 men and the game is entirely different. The player sent off doent get to punish us by scoring the equaliser as hes not on the pitch.

And people say that these decisions balance themselves out. Youre having a laugh.


Dont get me wrong, I thought (and still think) that he should have been sacked after the United game..... but based on the above, Carlos is right. I think Rob Staton came across very poor, didnt listen to what Carlos what saying and repeated the same questions. It just seems fashionable for RS to give Carlos an hard time at the minute while being very sympathetic towards other local managers



WTF

That's bizarre 

I can't see anyone else seeing that like that

Rob Staton poor? He was strong and resolute but missed key points to put Carlos right

We started horrifically, the penalty decision was irrelevant in the end because the players had a go at it and went for Hull City and got their rewards

When fans start saying Carlos is right to put everything down to irrelevant referee decisions and bypassing all/any deficiencies in the tactical approach of our football club then we're doomed.
 

  • Agree 2

 


Amazon | Broadband | AirBnb

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should have resigned gracefully.Destroying any remaining goodwill.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Matt_1 said:

When will Chansiri realise that it's over for us this season?

In May laughing and joking with coco saying what a great season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

Penalty not given but Lino overruled for second conveniently not mentioned.

 

 

 

Im probably better passing judgement when I see it again on the highlights, but my initial response would be that it doesnt matter as long as the correct decision is reached in the end

 

If the referee over ruled the linesman and the correct decision was made, then its all good. But regarding the penalty (and previous penalty claims) the correct decision was not made. One of the two officials should have seen that... it should have been a red card and penalty.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounded like a desperate man grasping at whatever excuse he could. Thank you Carlos for a great first season but unfortunately it is time to go. Interview was even worse when Chris Wilders honesty about their performance came soon after

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Think tank said:

 

Having Bannan and Butterfield sitting a bit deeper with 3 in front would work.

 

Bannan Butterfield

 

Matias Abdi Reach

 

         Hooper

 

 

It gives Bannan more options to link up play in front of him.

 

The formation is a massive problem!

 

Butters was awful.

 

Matias was lousy.

 

Abdi has been terrible for us.

 

Hooper cant play lone-striker. Didnt you see how good he was with Nuhiu, and dont you think those 10 goals he has playing with Fletch or Nuhiu tell you something about how best to play him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

"What do you want me to do, start a game with 3 strikers on the pitch?!?!"

 

Well. Yes actually.

 

Well can't fault his insight in the follow up either... sets us up vulnerable for counter attack straight through no midfield.. but still.. his words, not mine, i think it's time for Plan B all the way now, abort Plan A!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...