Hurry up Fernando

2 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

FF should be left of a front 3 - end of debate 

We all know that but Holmowl likes to make the rules so it has to be 442

Carlos won't play FF left wing in a 442 though so if we want him in the team it has to be up front .

After recent performances at Ipswich and Reading no striker should be guaranteed his place so it's a no brainer if he was fit get him in the team

1 hour ago, optimisticowl said:

Well if my memory serves, so far this season we’ve had

Get rid of Fessi

Get rid of Carlos

Get rid of Rhodes

Get rid of Reach

Get rid of Hirst

Get rid of Dawson

Get rid of Nuhiu

Get rid of McGugan

Get rid of Kean

Get rid of Fletcher 

Get rid of expensive tickets 

Get rid of Presto shadow

Get rid of Doyen

Get rid of DC

Get rid of bedwetters

Get rid of Muffinman

Get rid of two man centre midfields 

Get rid of Bullen

Get rid of new age fans

Get rid of student discount 

Get rid of old farts

Get rid of racists

Get rid of The PC brigade

Get rid of defensive football

Get rid of multiple threads

Get rid of academy football

Get rid of brightness control on advertising boards

Get rid of hot tasteless tea

Get rid of cash

Get rid of cashless

Get rid of agents

Get rid of Finlux 

Get rid of multiple logins 

Get rid of Infiltrating pigs

Get rid of negs 

Get rid of Hillsborough 

Get rid of memories

Get rid of Boyd

Get rid of Waterfront 

Get rid of white working class male

Get rid of seating

Get rid of silence

Few  I never saw..

Get rid of stripes.

Get rid of attacking 

1 minute ago, oldishowl said:

Carlos won't play FF left wing in a 442 though so if we want him in the team it has to be up front .

After recent performances at Ipswich and Reading no striker should be guaranteed his place so it's a no brainer if he was fit get him in the team

If its 4-4-2, i'd play him in the no 10 role behind Hooper.

But seriously, Lee and Bannan are suited to playing in a midfield 3 in front of a defensive player such as Hutchinson and Ff is suited to a wide attacker role. We really should go with a 4-3-3 formation.

23 hours ago, horny owl said:

We could have Messi, Ronaldo and Naymar it wouldn't make a difference

Carlos would sap their attacking talent out of them and turn them into sideways kicking robots

Until 'calamity Carlos' goes we're royaly screwed.

We've got no chance. Messi has just signed a new deal at Barca with a 700m buy-out clause.

Well just have to have naymar and Ronaldo for Carlos to destroy

17 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

He's played him LW many times. 

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

Stop over egging it

We have played around 130 games under Carlos and FF has started left about 15 or something like that mainly against poor sides at home 

It was pretty clear when we had the nonsense about FF supposedly refusing to play wide left last season that the real issue was Carlos not wanting to play him there

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Forestieri is a wide attacker, like Sane and Sterling are for Man City and Mane is for Liverpool.

He is not a winger where he will be asked to carry out defensive duties. Forestieri is an attacker first and foremost and that's where he should be played.

System change is imperative to us - we need to go 4-3-3 to get the best out of FF, Lee and Bannan. This is a system which suits our best players. It's a system which Real Madrid, Barca, Liverpool and Man City use. 

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

If the question is would I rather play this way with FF up front, it's an easy one....without. We stop scoring.

If the question is woukd I rather play this way with FF wide, its just as easy.....with.

You make it sound like he fits anywhere in the team, and he so clearly doesn't.

And you make it sound like we're doing ok without him. 

Very difficult to take you seriously at the moment. 

Even if he plays how hes he's been played for the last 2 seasons (mainly up top/occasional stint out wide), we're clearly better than we are now. There's NOTHING to suggest we're capable of challenging for promotion without him. I'm not sure how you can refute that.

If I was making the decisions, you know it wouldn't be 442. So he'd fit in much better. If it has to be 442 and he's fit tomorrow....he plays up top with Joao against Hull. They have excellent chemistry and for all Joao's flaws, I guarantee they'd cause more problems and be far more exciting to watch than any other combo we could currently field. If it's not working, put Hooper (who's form has dipped) on for a midfielder and go for it.

Forestieri is a defenders nightmare. He runs at them full tilt and they more often than not commit to the tackle, if he gets by one someone else has to get to him and that’s when the gaps open up for the other strikers or midfield players to get into. I know he has shown some less than desirable qualities, but top class players like him are a bit precious in more ways than one, I’m thinking back to Best, Rodney Marsh, Stan Bowles et al I suppose, but that’s cos I’m an old git. His value on the pitch is unquestionable because as a defender you know you’ve always got to have an eye open for him and that takes your attention away from others in the final third. 

Sp in short I think he’s a big miss for the team (and the manager) at the moment.:wacko:

4 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Forestieri is a wide attacker, like Sane and Sterling are for Man City and Mane is for Liverpool.

He is not a winger where he will be asked to carry out defensive duties. Forestieri is an attacker first and foremost and that's where he should be played.

System change is imperative to us - we need to go 4-3-3 to get the best out of FF, Lee and Bannan. This is a system which suits our best players. It's a system which Real Madrid, Barca, Liverpool and Man City use. 

It was interesting listening to Frank Lampard talking about England’s golden generation. He basically said they would breeze through qualifiers playing 4-4-2 but then struggle on the tournaments themselves when they came up against teams who packed midfield. And I quote “It’s difficult to get a grip of a game in midfield when you’re outnumbered.”

this is is one of our biggest problems as a lot of teams we come up against in the championship pack the midfield. Why we don’t do this ourselves when it has worked so well, albeit a couple of seasons ago now, I have no idea. Even more so when most of our better players would be more suited to playing this formation.

Edited by York_Owl

12 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

It was interesting listening to Frank Lampard talking about England’s golden generation. He basically said they would breeze through qualifiers playing 4-4-2 but then struggle on the tournaments themselves when they came up against teams who packed midfield. And I quote “It’s difficult to get a grip of a game in midfield when you’re outnumbered.”

this is is one of our biggest problems as a lot of teams we come up against in the championship pack the midfield. Why we don’t do this ourselves when it has worked so well, albeit a couple of seasons ago now, I have no idea. Even more so when most of our better players would be more suited to playing this formation.

It's become a vocation for Carlos now. To prove he can make this nonsense 442 work.

Nobody else has tried to play 442 like we do. Others play it , like Leicester when they won the Premier League, but they have  battlers and runners in midfield and pace up top.

We are trying to play with midfielders who can't tackle a fish supper and no pace up top.

It's madness but I reckon he is on a mission so he can write another book.

He won't change now.

Totally agree @oldishowl. If we had a Kante or a Carlton Palmer in midfield, someone like Antonio out wide and someone like Vardy up front then fair enough we could make it work but we don’t have any of those type of players. Ironically Forestieri is the one player who could make that work from, say, a wide position but I believe even he would be far better suited to the wide left role in a 4-3-3.

Guest RocketOwl
7 hours ago, Robdylan said:

I agree.

We do need him. But I can't get excited, knowing that he'll probably be played up front.

If I knew that Carlos may play Fernando wide, or in the hole, or as a 4-3-3, then I'd feel different. But he won't. 

I've had enough now. I'll always like Carlos, but it's clear that we can't progress any further with him at the helm. 

I'm sure whilst he is out injured you can enjoy watching Rhodes up top before FF comes back.