Hurry up Fernando

The only player we own that can beat his marker. Let that sink in. That is a truly shocking fact. How the roger can you assemble a squad of players given the amount of money we have spent and only have one player that can do this? 

Just now, Jamie_W said:

If you think the problems of our side are all fixed by FF returning then you don't understand the problem.

He might get some goals, he might turn a few draws into wins, but he won't alter our managers tactics/motivational skills, our awful recruitment or our bloated, un-balanced squad. If we get a new manager and reorganise the squad, then he's a big deal, at the moment he'd just get lost in the mire.

Turning draws into wins would solve the problem. This is the exactly the problem.

No ones saying FF is the only answer, but he's a massive miss.

Where do you think Carlos will fit FF into his rigid 4-4-2 structure?

I personally think he's more effective wide left and cutting but that would mean dropping Reach around so that won't happen. 

He'll do a square peg / round hole job and stick him up front.

Sadly I don't have any confidence in Carlos to get the best out of any of our players.

Edited by supersiggi

1 hour ago, zzmdu said:

Having our top scorer of the last 2 seasons would help, though wouldn't it? Regardless of who managers the team.

You tell us.

How would you use him?

Play him with Hooper, knowing that neither Hoops nor Nando can score when played as a two?

or

Plsy him with Joao, Fletch or Rhodes, thereby losing Hooper's goals?

or

Play him wide, thereby adding his goals to those of Hooper & Partner?

Because that's the dilemma. Carlos is likely to pair Hooper and FF, and that's never worked. If you think we don't score enough now, just wait for that!

16 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

You tell us.

How would you use him?

Play him with Hooper, knowing that neither Hoops nor Nando can score when played as a two?

or

Plsy him with Joao, Fletch or Rhodes, thereby losing Hooper's goals?

or

Play him wide, thereby adding his goals to those of Hooper & Partner?

Because that's the dilemma. Carlos is likely to pair Hooper and FF, and that's never worked. If you think we don't score enough now, just wait for that!

yep our top goalscorer (last 2 seasons) returning will make us score less.

HolmOwlnomics. :)

Surely now, given that Forestieri has not played all season bar Preston, we can put to bed the myth that Forestieri up front is the problem.

one of the main problems is that we setup defensively and employ fairly negative tactics especially away from home (when FF is usually played up front).

we nearly always play a fairly defensive 4-4-2 with at least one of our wide midfielders tucked in often to compensate from being out numbered in central midfield. This in turn means that we lack width and also pace out wide so we don’t create many chances regardless of who is playing up front.

Unless we change tact and probably even personnel our problems up front will persist. 

2 hours ago, Owling said:

Fernando's not the answer.

Not a fan of his attitude but I would bet my bottom dollar if he had been fit all this season we would be a minimum of 6 points better off and that puts a different perspective on the season.

Guest Copthorneowl

The idea that we havnt  and don't continue to miss Nando massively beggars belief.

Just who are the creators and prolific scorers that are going to deny him a place in our team? or is it stubbornness by fans alone  unwilling to forgive something that happens at every club....wonder why Liverpool fans continue to support Couthino but we can't support FF?

1 minute ago, Owling said:

We'll never know will we.

We wont but i'm pretty sure i am right, not just because of his ability, he offers something different and that can change a game.

He is also one of the few passionate players we have who can get the crowd worked up and behind the team, which may just encourage the team into putting the type of performances we have seen in the past.

Surely its no coincidence, that in general, the times he has been unavailable the style of football has been rather poo and far more negative.

1 minute ago, Spookone said:

We wont but i'm pretty sure i am right, not just because of his ability, he offers something different and that can change a game.

He is also one of the few passionate players we have who can get the crowd worked up and behind the team, which may just encourage the team into putting the type of performances we have seen in the past.

Surely its no coincidence, that in general, the times he has been unavailable the style of football has been rather poo and far more negative.

If he was missing for the playoff against Huddersfield you would have said " if Fernando was playing tonight we would have won, cos he wunt have missed that pen". 

3 minutes ago, Owling said:

If he was missing for the playoff against Huddersfield you would have said " if Fernando was playing tonight we would have won, cos he wunt have missed that pen". 

That is also true, I did say in general.

Edited by Spookone