It's up to us fans to show this is not acceptable

The problem is that many of our fans have decided this is acceptable.

We are apparently chasing promotion. We've spent big money over the last couple of years in order to assemble a squad capable of getting out of this league.

But 19 games into our third attempt at that, and we are 11th position and 6 points off the top six. The Chairman seems to think that's fine. A sizeable portion of the fan base continue to think that's fine. So why should anyone try and disagree? 

You moan about wanting more and people ask what you expect. You wish to achieve and ask why we aren't doing better with resources, and people pull you back and drone on about how it could be worse. What about it being better?

This is a second rate football club with a crushing lack of ambition running through it's absolute core. And I'm sorry, but that includes and in many ways is currently coming from those on the terraces. The current product is GARBAGE compared to the standards we thought we were setting just 2 seasons ago. This fanbase has by and large decided to accept it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

We are apparently chasing promotion. We've spent big money over the last couple of years in order to assemble a squad capable of getting out of this league.

But 19 games into our third attempt at that, and we are 11th position and 6 points off the top six. The Chairman seems to think that's fine. A sizeable portion of the fan base continue to think that's fine. So why should anyone try and disagree? 

You moan about wanting more and people ask what you expect. You wish to achieve and ask why we aren't doing better with resources, and people pull you back and drone on about how it could be worse. What about it being better?

This is a second rate football club with a crushing lack of ambition running through it's absolute core. And I'm sorry, but that includes and in many ways is currently coming from those on the terraces. The current product is GARBAGE compared to the standards we thought we were setting just 2 seasons ago. This fanbase has by and large decided to accept it.

Blinded by the pound signs mate.

4 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

I reckon you must have bugged our house !!lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Arthur Bach said:

Wheres the evidence that the chairman or fans think this is acceptable?

Still waiting for your master plan protest.

Carlos Carvalhal, as manager of Sheffield Wednesday under the expensively assembled Chansiri regime, has one task and one task only.

Promotion.

His current record of achieving that reads;

Season 1: Failure

Season 2: Failure

Season 3: ......

Well, 11th after 19 games and 6 points off the play off spots, nevermind the top 2, playing as we are, you decide on his odds of reversing that in season 3.

The man with the power to change that has up to now done nothing. The fans who watch this product week in week out are, by and large, silent bystanders. 

1 minute ago, sheffield_dave said:

Carlos Carvalhal, as manager of Sheffield Wednesday under the expensively assembled Chansiri regime, has one task and one task only.

Promotion.

His current record of achieving that reads;

Season 1: Failure

Season 2: Failure

Season 3: ......

Well, 11th after 19 games and 6 points off the play off spots, nevermind the top 2, playing as we are, you decide on his odds of reversing that in season 3.

The man with the power to change that has up to now done nothing. The fans who watch this product week in week out are, by and large, silent bystanders. 

Well said.

Guest LittleG
3 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Mostly oldies, who don't have much ambition left that's all.

Each to their own.

I find this remark very condescending. I attended my first match in 1961 and show as much passion as anyone. I have wanted Carlos out since the Huddersfield debacle and realise that in my lifetime I may never see them in the premiership again. As Kevin Keegan stated " I would love it, really love it", if Carlos went tomorrow; unfortunately I do not have a great deal of confidence in Chansiri getting the next appointment right!

3 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Fans will make their own minds up in due course...as they have always done...

Half the folk on here don't even trot out to the games and when they do , they don't vent their spleen , bar sulking.

Do you honestly think an exhortation  on this website, is gonna make an 'apporth of difference at the ground?

Is it f.ook...

Ask the bloke next to you on satday whether he has ever heard of Owlstalk...

"He'll say something like...

"Well I know they communicate in some shape or form"

Fans have their own breaking point, their own point of view and just cos some bugger Negs them on here, changes nothing...its tat...and even worse tat is asking 'em to light the flamin' torches and march outta the  village...

It will take its course naturally...as it should

I agree with you that it will make no difference what is said on here. By that same measure neither will people voicing their 'negative' opinions on here dent the confidence of our players. One of the favourites of people defending our hapless management. Neither will rallying crys of lets get behind the lads.

Bottom line is that this isn't good enough and I do not see any evidence that something is being done about it from any of the people that matter. That is disappointing because we are dillydallying aimlessly undoing all the good that was done in the early stages of the Chansiri reign.

7 minutes ago, LittleG said:

I find this remark very condescending. I attended my first match in 1961 and show as much passion as anyone. I have wanted Carlos out since the Huddersfield debacle and realise that in my lifetime I may never see them in the premiership again. As Kevin Keegan stated " I would love it, really love it", if Carlos went tomorrow; unfortunately I do not have a great deal of confidence in Chansiri getting the next appointment right!

Great post.