Fringe Players

Earlier this week Carlos talked about players on the fringe of the starting eleven.

His point was that players coming off the bench must sieze the opportunity if they want to stay in the team.

Nuhiu got 8 minutes including stoppage time but scored a goal and rescued a point.

It could be argued therefore that he did in fact sieze the opportunity

Question now is did he do enough bearing in mind his dreadful scoring record.

Lleaving him out of starting 11 would make Carlos' words ring hollow and provide no incentive for others.

My own opinion is that Carlos should stick by his words, give Stamm and co something different to think about.

I know Nuhiu divides opininion more than any other player

What do people think?

Carlos has rotated/rested players less than usual this season yet we are performing worse than in his first two seasons. Seems like the opposites have figured us out

It's typically Hunt and Wallace down the right, Reach down the left, Bannan playmaking in midfield and Hooper linking up play in attack with Lees partnering someone at the back in front of Westwood. Fletcher, Rhodes, Loovens and Lee feature in every game when available

With Hutch and Fernando unavailable for so long it would be nice to see us use more options like Abdi, Matias, João and Nuhiu in the starting line up just to shake things up and keeping the opposites guessing

think donkey dave is a good tactical chioce for one reason.that hes a bloody nusience and as a centre half you have to keep an eye on him which is just enough distraction for someone to nip by and score I

I would go with Nuhiu and Hooper up top. Because we have no pace we can't play the ball into space for our forwards to chase down, we have to aim for the target man in the hope he will lay it off.

Jordan Rhodes can't play the target man role, he doesn't challenge for the ball like Nuhiu, Fletcher or Joao,he looks to get in behind and it becomes easy for the central defenders to defend against.

I have been banging this drum for a while, but for me when playing 442 it has to be one of either Fletcher, Nuhiu or Joao, with one of Hooper Rhodes or FF

Hooper who is our best forward, is being stifled by playing alongside Jordan Rhodes.

This is not a Rhodes bashing comment, but we are playing him in the wrong role and currently Hooper is better than him in the support striker role.