George Hirst Saga..

Guest Hillsborough Mole
26 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I've seen them both and I can confirm that the aforementioned Fulham player is better than Hirst by an absolute country mile.

How many times

1 hour ago, Geoffrey said:

And stalk me by looking on my profile page again!

And give me negative marks for pointing out George Hirst plays for the first team in his age group.

Perhaps you need to try a dating site.

Think there’s only one bloke on here who needs to try a dating site. 

Scratch that. 

We don’t want any more bodies under the patio. 

He is being isolated from the first team because he’s not signed a new deal. I’d imagine the fallout with his Dad and the involvement/influence of his advisors is a probable factor too. 

Personally, I don’t agree with the club doing this (isolating him). 

Guest Hillsborough Mole
3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

He is being isolated from the first team because he’s not signed a new deal. I’d imagine the fallout with his Dad and the involvement/influence of his advisors is a probable factor too. 

Personally, I don’t agree with the club doing this (isolating him). 

Ignoring completely that his advisors are also Chansiris advisors. And the managers

Cutting our nose off here. I don’t think he’s ready for the first team. But isolating him is not going to make him sign a new contract what so ever. If he was playing and happy it would be a possibility. Just like the Ozil and Sanchez situation at Arsenal.

2 hours ago, Geoffrey said:

What other club has prevented a prospect training with his peers for a full season because he's in the last year of his contract?

Do you think this reflects well on our club and will inspire parents to let their sons join our academy?

Could be argued that it will show other kids that if they join our academy they are here to work hard for the club and if they do they'll progress. They are not here to set themselves up for a nice life nobody is bigger than the club. 

Edited by darra
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Geoffrey said:

What other club has prevented a prospect training with his peers for a full season because he's in the last year of his contract?

Do you think this reflects well on our club and will inspire parents to let their sons join our academy?

Never heard of that being the reason, I've heard of disagreements over contract or where he goes on loan etc. etc. but never because he's in the last year of his contract.

When was that reason leaked out ?

55 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Never heard of that being the reason, I've heard of disagreements over contract or where he goes on loan etc. etc. but never because he's in the last year of his contract.

When was that reason leaked out ?

Please don't point out the obvious flaw in his thinking. You'll get called bizarre and a "True Fan".

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Geoffrey said:

Correct. He's also being prevented from developing by playing with his peers in the U23s. roaminowl refuses to see this as he thinks it makes him a "True Fan".

If it's correct, how come you keep stating that the only reason that's he's being shunned is because he's in the last year of his contract?

You're the one who refuses to see things. As for the childish "True Fan" bolllox, I'll treat it with the contempt it deserves.

2 hours ago, darra said:

Could be argued that it will show other kids that if they join our academy they are here to work hard for the club and if they do they'll progress. They are not here to set themselves up for a nice life nobody is bigger than the club. 

Flawed theory. The one who has been most successful has been made an outcast because he won't be bullied into signing a new deal. That should attract the local talent away from the production lines at S2 and Barnsley.

George is one of the most exciting prospects in the academy.  That in itself is a rarity. 

We should be doing everything in our power to get him signed up on a long term contract.  

We take big gambles at a great expense on much older players, players who are coming to the end of their careers.  

It's time we start investing in our youth players. 

14 minutes ago, Ronio said:

George is one of the most exciting prospects in the academy.  That in itself is a rarity. 

We should be doing everything in our power to get him signed up on a long term contract.  

We take big gambles at a great expense on much older players, players who are coming to the end of their careers.  

It's time we start investing in our youth players. 

Agree with this, I'm not saying he is necessarily a first team player yet, but he definately is an exciting prospect.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
21 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

Absurd? Who has prevented Hirst from playing?

lolIm surmising it's not the suggested 'who' that he thinks is absurd but rather the suggested reason.

Edited by Xxxxxxxxcxcc

4 hours ago, Geoffrey said:

Flawed theory. The one who has been most successful has been made an outcast because he won't be bullied into signing a new deal. That should attract the local talent away from the production lines at S2 and Barnsley.

Why has he been bullied? I'm guessing the scenario is something along the lines of. Here's our offer which he refused. Another offer was made to him which he was told was the final offer. He refused it. Happens all the time. He's decided he hasn't got a future at the club,  fair enough,  he has every right to, same as he has every right to accept the offer at any time. 

Edited by darra