George Hirst Saga..

7 hours ago, House Stark said:

Hmmmm maybe just maybe...

George Hirst has been offered a £10k a week new contract and won’t be allowed out on loan until he’s signed it.

Chansiri demands that any clubs loaning Sheffield Wednesday players pay their wages in full during the duration of the loan (that’s why none of the first team squad ever leave on loan as no clubs that would want our fringe players can afford their wages) and not just a percentage like other clubs allow the loaning club to pay to help player development.

No Premier League or Championship sides that can afford £10k a week are going to loan him and play him week in week out.

He would only get games at a League 1 or League 2 club and no clubs in those leagues are willing to fork out the best part of £450k in wages on an unknown like George Hirst on a season long loan.

Its a catch 22 situation, he will only be allowed out on loan if he signs the new contract, if he signs it he knows no club will come in for him to take him on loan as they can’t afford to pay 100% of his wages.

Nothing to do with him not wanting to play for Wednesday, he’s been put in a very difficult position by Chansiri.

Why do you think David Hirst walked out on his role with the club?

Can’t blame George for not signing a new deal so he can find a club that won’t stand in the way of his development and will let him out on loan.  To be fair what he’s doing is probably quite rare in the modern game, turning his back on big money early on to establish his career and get games and experience.

that's a hell of a maybe ..........my view is that neither the club or hirst have done anything wrong , the club offered him a deal and he's turned it down for reasons he's not telling , as is his right . ..I don't know if it's the club policy to charge clubs 100% of players wages for loans ,the fact we have loaned out quite a few  players who would be on decent money to some very small clubs suggests we don't .

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, torryowl said:

that's a hell of a maybe ..........my view is that neither the club or hirst have done anything wrong , the club offered him a deal and he's turned it down for reasons he's not telling , as is his right . ..I don't know if it's the club policy to charge clubs 100% of players wages for loans ,the fact we have loaned out quite a few  players who would be on decent money to some very small clubs suggests we don't .

This in a nutshell.

Chansiri offers a contract and george declined it. For all we know they maybe still talking and trying to find a solution.

I can also see the club's stance on not playing him. If he's not commited amd going to leave, yes we may take a financial hit at a tribunal.

But on the flip side we will develop another player whis commited by playing him in Hirst position and developing him.

George wants to play football and rightly so, if he cant agree he will move on and play somewhere else. He could be a world beater, he could fall flat on his feet and end up non league. Its a gamble by both parties. 

55 minutes ago, torryowl said:

Who did we loan out and who to since Chansiri took over that would have been on good money?

11 hours ago, scram said:

I'd ignore him mate

Just a poor troll

He accused me of lying for stating GH doesn't play in the first team of his England age group (u19) - despite Hirst not being named in the squad for that age group when they won the Euro champs this summer - and despite him never having played even a minute of competitive football for them

But yeah - he's a first team player for them cos he's played in a couple of friendlies

Hirst was first choice for the U18s last season and not the U19's.  The U18s were the only age group that didn't have a tournament in the summer so a lot of them made up the U20 side that won the Toulon tournament which was also supplemented by some U19s and U20s who weren't first choices for their age groups..  George is now a regular for this seasons U19;s.

26 minutes ago, House Stark said:

Who did we loan out and who to since Chansiri took over that would have been on good money?

no idea what constitutes good money but we've loaned out bus,melo. vermilj ,dawson , keen,sougou, dielna ,winnall.lachman joao.so we do loan out senior players .......whether the clubs paid  100% of there wages I don't know but the clubs sougou,melo,bus ,lachman keen & dawson went to would find it very difficult to match the wages we pay .

11 hours ago, Etchesketch said:

Hirst was first choice for the U18s last season and not the U19's.  The U18s were the only age group that didn't have a tournament in the summer so a lot of them made up the U20 side that won the Toulon tournament which was also supplemented by some U19s and U20s who weren't first choices for their age groups..  George is now a regular for this seasons U19;s.

UEFA/FIFA seasons run Jan to Jan - not like our season or academic year (which is what our age groups are based on)

GH has been an u19 since jan this year - in that time England's u19's have played 6 competitive qualifiers and also played in the euro champs tournament - which they won

In all of those games GH has not played even one minute - other 18 year olds of his domestic age group were called up and played while GH was not even named in the euro's squad

He has played in 2 friendlies

If anybody wants to believe that makes him a first choice player then fill yer boots

But i'd like it to be pointed out where i'm lying

It won't be from Geoffrey because not only can he not point out the lies - he's a crap troll

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Owl Be Back said:

You can withhold payment of wages due to breach of contract. The difficult thing is if that someone started suggesting they were injured or were unfit to play.

its a tricky one

if you're star player refuses to play what do you do?

and as been shown above.....he isn't all that

Well done DC

52 minutes ago, scram said:

UEFA/FIFA seasons run Jan to Jan - not like our season or academic year (which is what our age groups are based on)

GH has been an u19 since jan this year - in that time England's u19's have played 6 competitive qualifiers and also played in the euro champs tournament - which they won

In all of those games GH has not played even one minute - other 18 year olds of his domestic age group were called up and played while GH was not even named in the euro's squad

He has played in 2 friendlies

If anybody wants to believe that makes him a first choice player then fill yer boots

But i'd like it to be pointed out where i'm lying

It won't be from Geoffrey because not only can he not point out the lies - he's a crap troll

Good effort to cover up

He has made 8 appearances for England U17, 9 for England U18 and 2 for England U19.

That is 19 England appearances at his age group. But you claimed he played for the second team for his age group. That's not true is it?