George Hirst Saga..

These are either trying to keep GH in the headlines, in the hope that a bigger offer comes from the club, because they know DH or GH, and know he has dropped a big one.

Or

It's Neil

Or

They are just trying to amass as many posts as they can.

16 minutes ago, Dot said:

STOP play football?

Freudian slip?

it isn't the fist time I've heard he is refusing to play

Fisting hey, or this is a freudulent slip I wonder.

6 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

Hilarious. That got you out of answering.

Geoff

you didn't answer the question what if George is refusing to play?

that has been said by a few people and you sort of confirmed it

Call me naive (or whatever else you feel fit) but this 'problem' can be summarised quite easily

1. The boy has been offered the best terms ever to a youth player by OUR club

2. He has chosen (based on advice received) to turn that offer down

Personally I (along with the majority of Wednesday fans) would have given a very precious part of my anatomy to pull on the shirt (stripes or not) to play for our OUR club, the boy has chosen not to

Good bye and good luck George

Put it to bed and move on

2 minutes ago, raljex said:

Anyone really. That's why I didn't quote you.

I just struggle to see the problem with giving Hirst a few extra quid for his potential when we pay £50,000 a week for Fletcher to throw it off. Re-watch any game and focus only on Fletcher and you will see what I mean.

Focus on Rhodes and you'd be flipping livid then.

Edited by Walt

2 minutes ago, raljex said:

Anyone really. That's why I didn't quote you.

I just struggle to see the problem with giving Hirst a few extra quid for his potential when we pay £50,000 a week for Fletcher to throw it off. Re-watch any game and focus only on Fletcher and you will see what I mean.

Sorry. I thought that you'd brought it up because of my post talking about 'stupid money'.

I agree to a point, but there has to be limits. Unfortunately, I don't know how much George is asking for and I don't know how much he's been offered so it's difficult to determine what a 'few extra quid' actually means. One thing I do know, is that I'd rather he was still playing and developing with us.

1 minute ago, raljex said:

Rhodes is always on the move and still wants the ball but his confidence in front of goal is shot. For all his faults and lack of minutes on the pitch, he should still be in double figures. (Should have got 3 at Bolton for a start in 2nd half).

You're watching a different player to me mate. Anyhow's I shouldn't have hijacked a thread on Hirst to have a pop at Rhodes. There's plenty of them around...as you were.