George Hirst Saga..

32 minutes ago, cowl said:

If he goes abroad we are only due a 'training' compensation which has been mandated by FIFA. It's nominal.

And 'Solidarity Payments' for any and all future transfers, we would get a nice chunk of all of GH future fees, not just his first one.

18 hours ago, scram said:

The "fact" is that he plays in Englands 2nd team of his age

George Hirst is 18 years old. He plays for England U19

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-george-hirst-starts-in-england-defeat-as-atdhe-nuhiu-gets-game-time-for-kosovo-1-8792717

That's England's 1st team of his age. Stop telling lies.

Edited by Geoffrey

7 hours ago, scram said:

He might be 18 but he is an u19 player - it's his age group - for another few weeks

Can't work out why he didn't feature in the euro champs finals squad if he is a first choice player?

Strange that

He's eligible to play for the U19s all season not just for a few weeks.

Last season he was an U18 and played 9 times for England.

The season before he was an U17 and played  8 times for England.

It's not that difficult to understand.

To claim that he is in the "2nd team for his age" is clearly not true.

7 hours ago, SiJ said:

Geoffrey's default position (when he's losing an argument) is to accuse the other person of lying. 

Old habits die hard. 

Wow, nearly 45,000 posts now. What a contribution.

All those negative points you gave me for questioning our transfer policy in the summer and now your a Carlos Outer!

George Hirst plays for England U19s not the 2nd team for his age. The poster is clearly not telling the truth.

4 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

All those negative points you gave me for questioning our transfer policy in the summer and now your a Carlos Outer!

George Hirst plays for England U19s not the 2nd team for his age. The poster is clearly not telling the truth.

This SiJ character is clearly one of the biggest morons that use this site (if not the internet itself) so I wouldn't waste your time worrying about what they're writing. Just from coming on here on and off for a year or two, it's easy to figure out who is a bit lonely and chatting absolute bilge, arguing with anyone that'll respond just for their own amusement. 

Guest Hillsborough Mole

Hirst plays (regularly) for the England team for which he is eligible - and last time I checked was our only Academy product doing so? Actually hes our only Academy product playing for any of the England age groups

Hes playing in the same England team as Ryan Sessegnon from Fulham. To say hes playing in the 2nd team for his age is a bit disingenuous - are you suggesting the 1st team is the U21's? There isnt a single 18yr old playing in the U21's.

It seems weird to be on a Wednesday forum defending a Wednesday player from Wednesday fans when he's the most promising Wednesday product from the Wednesday Academy in many many years

Guest Hillsborough Mole
13 minutes ago, dfoster said:

Is Ryan Sessegnon in the same team? RS is both more than a yr younger and quite clearly a far better player

How many times have you seen both players to formulate that comparison? 

38 minutes ago, Internationowl said:

This SiJ character is clearly one of the biggest morons that use this site (if not the internet itself) so I wouldn't waste your time worrying about what they're writing. Just from coming on here on and off for a year or two, it's easy to figure out who is a bit lonely and chatting absolute bilge, arguing with anyone that'll respond just for their own amusement. 

Bit of irony in this post. 

51 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

Yep. I have a lot of posts. I think you’ve only pointed that out several hundred times. As I said: old habits die hard. 

I’d rather post 45,000 bits of complete nonsense, as opposed to the chap who comes on here every other day to spew bile. 

Guest Hillsborough Mole
2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I’d rather post 45,000 bits of complete nonsense, as opposed to the chap who comes on here every other day to post stuff I disagree with

Guest Hillsborough Mole
3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Ah so I have to agree with Geoffrey because you do.

Thanks for clarifying. 

I'm not the one bleating

For clarity

48 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I’d rather post 45,000 bits of complete nonsense. 

And stalk me by looking on my profile page again!

And give me negative marks for pointing out George Hirst plays for the first team in his age group.

Perhaps you need to try a dating site.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dfoster said:

Is Ryan Sessegnon in the same team? RS is both more than a yr younger and quite clearly a far better player

There's talk about Sessegnon moving for £25m-£30m whilst we're stalling the progress of our top prospect in many, many years.

Besides another pointless pop at George Hirst I don't really see your point

Edited by Geoffrey

2 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

There's talk about Sessegnon moving for £25m-£30m whilst we're stalling the progress of our top prospect in many, many years.

Besides another pointless pop at George Hirst I don't really see your point

It could be said that by demanding higher wages and refusing to sign a new contract, he's stalling his own progress.

Besides, another pointless pop at SWFC. I don't really see your point.