George Hirst Saga..

54 minutes ago, cowl said:

It's a fact that he's being prevented from playing, and CC confirmed this is due to him not signing a new contract - you really don't need to know much beyond this.

How much Hirst is after and what the club has offered him is now secondary to the issue how we've conducted the negotiations.

I don't care if Hirst has asked for a ₤1 million per week. If we can't ultimately come to an agreement with him then so be it, but in the meantime we explore options. Just stopping the lad from playing effectively ends negotiations with almost a year of his current contract still left to run - a year in which anything could happen, including Hirst changing his mind, a possibility which is basically ruled out now because DC has bizarrely exercised his power to prevent him from playing.

If this is true, then Wednesday don't deserve a penny if it goes to tribunal for that kind of behaviour. Stopping him from playing, purely because of a failed/failing contract negotiation is shocking behaviour from an organisation. Its a pity DC isn't as ruthless with Carlos. Quickly becoming a shambles this club. Thought we'd got through all that but it appears sadly that we haven't.

24 minutes ago, BIG D said:

One of Grandads mates dropped that one out quietly so I reckon it'll be about right.

So you've read it on here. I've seen 10k and 20k/week quoted. But it suits your argument to quote the 2k/week. For someone who claims to be not bothered by this situation you're going to a lot of effort to spread your fake news.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

So why would you pay a huge amount to a lad who also can't play in the first team?

for the reason I posted  the amount would prob not be as much as we have wasted on players who cant wont play 

however the plus side to him is he will with coaching 

there is no way this will happen told you why 

44 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

So you've read it on here. I've seen 10k and 20k/week quoted. But it suits your argument to quote the 2k/week. For someone who claims to be not bothered by this situation you're going to a lot of effort to spread your fake news.

Well you believe £10 or £20k if it suits you!

lol

Why would it suit me to say that £2k? Surely I'd be better off saying £100k.

Very weird.

22 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

Sadly , in just over a months' time he can sign a pre - contract agreement with any club.

But if its Celtic or abroad, we get nowt.

I don't think he can actually do this though - I thought that players can only sign pre-contract agreements once they're above 24.

Cowl, sorry you maybe right. But he can sign if it's a foreign club as restraint of trade is aginst EU law.

And we get nowt.

That's why Celtic got Dembele for £500 k instead of Fulham's £10 million valuation.

Also why half our youngsters are now in Bundesliga.

Edited by fred mciver

8 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

Cowl, sorry you maybe right. But he can sign if it's a foreign club as restraint of trade is aginst EU law.

And we get nowt.

That's why Celtic got Dembele for £500 k instead of Fulham's £10 million valuation.

Also why half our youngsters are now in Bundesliga.

Yep, that he can go abroad once his contract is up and we get nothing is absolutely true.

*edit - actually, there is the FIFA-mandated training fee which we would be due, but I think this is nominal.

Edited by cowl

3 hours ago, room0035 said:

With all the people on owlstalk does no one either know George Hirst or David Hirst to ask them:-

1) have you been offer a deal to sign for Sheffield wednesday as a first team player or youth team (i.e. the later would be under £1,000 we would assume).

2) If you have turned down the clubs offer was it on the grounds of money or route into the first team.

3) Did the club make you sign with Doyes or were you approached by them personally.

4) Have Doyes prevented you from signing a contract you would have had they not been involved.

I think the above would clear up a lot of the miss communication about this whole very embarrassing and messy saga in the clubs history.

Ask the Chairman 14 - what measures have you put in place to prevent another George Hirst situation happening in the future? 

5) Have either you or your representatives approached other clubs whilst under contract to Sheffield Wednesday?

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
2 hours ago, Owl Be Back said:

If this is true, then Wednesday don't deserve a penny if it goes to tribunal for that kind of behaviour. Stopping him from playing, purely because of a failed/failing contract negotiation is shocking behaviour from an organisation. Its a pity DC isn't as ruthless with Carlos. Quickly becoming a shambles this club. Thought we'd got through all that but it appears sadly that we haven't.

No one on here knows the nature of what's gone on in the negotiations; what's been said and how each side has acted in those discussions. The player might have said I'm off now come what may. Final; end of discussions. That might be why the club is investing more in the other developing players hence GH being left out of things. We just don't know. 

Edited by Xxxxxxxxcxcc