George Hirst Saga..

Guest Hillsborough Mole
16 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

As far as I know the offer to George Hirst is the biggest ever offered by Sheffield Wednesday to a player of his age in the younger ranks.

And so it should be

12 minutes ago, steelowl said:

I do not know the figures so wont post rumours as fact but the amount he's asked for prob doesn't come near to the money we have wasted on talent that cant play for whatever reason 

So why would you pay a huge amount to a lad who also can't play in the first team?

Owlstalk Shop

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

As far as I know the offer to George Hirst is the biggest ever offered by Sheffield Wednesday to a player of his age in the younger ranks.

Yes you said but without knowing the previous high it doesn't tell you a lot when none of the others scored 40 goals in a season or were top scorers in an international tournament.

If the previous high for an 18 year old was £400/week is it a big deal if he's offered more?

Guest Hillsborough Mole
Just now, @owlstalk said:

So why would you pay a huge amount to a lad who also can't play in the first team?

Who said its a huge amount?

10 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I'm fed up of hearing about George Hirst if I'm being honest.

It's clear he doesn't want to stay so I'd sell to the highest bidder in January, make sure there's a decent sell on clause inserted in the deal and forget about him.

I think it's clear that we're past the point of no return with George now

Owlstalk Shop

22 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

Just watched the Beresford interview. He "knows for a fact" that Hirst is not asking for excessive wages. Backs up what Grandad was told and in stark contrast to those making up figures on here.

Beresford and Biggs both stressing that Hirst is currently under contract and bewildered that he is not being allowed to play football. Bersford claiming that all the kid wants to do is play football be it here or on loan.

That's me convinced then

lol

Is £104k+ excessive for an 18 year old

Guest Hillsborough Mole
1 minute ago, BIG D said:

That's me convinced then

lol

Is £104k+ excessive for an 18 year old

In football? - No. There are 18 yr olds earning that in a month

Don't forget though, he said himself that it is his dream to play for Wednesday (this was when he happily signed his first contract for Wednesday).

But has now decided it's his dream to play for whoever will pay him the most. Which is fair enough but just be honest.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
Just now, BIG D said:

Don't forget though, he said himself that it is his dream to play for Wednesday (this was when he happily signed his first contract for Wednesday).

But has now decided it's his dream to play for whoever will pay him the most. Which is fair enough but just be honest.

Maybe hes just decided that its not his dream to play for Wednesday for £50 a week?

Guest Hillsborough Mole
Just now, BIG D said:

Much better players than George Hirst I imagine.

In whos opinion?

(Try to bear in mind that Everton & Leicester have both been linked with him at £2m plus)

Guest Hillsborough Mole
1 minute ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Who says it’s JUST money ?

I think he is wanting to be given a chance in the first team and IMO rightly so but is being told George you won’t make the bench with the number we have 

Maybe its neither the money OR the first team place?

Maybe its the length of contract being offered? Or clauses within it?

Given that our Chairman has so far completely ballsed up

Ticket prices

Corporate pricing

Financial Fair Play risks

The clubs commercial offering

The merchandise

The shirts

The 150th anniversary celebrations

Our aging squad purchases

What makes people so convinced hes playing this one right?

Just now, @owlstalk said:

The idea of seeing Hirst and Borukov come through the SWFC ranks and into the first team does excite me though

Borukov looks a right player

And Penney

Hopefully we'll never have any other players coming up through the ranks that are coveted by top clubs otherwise we'll most likely just go through this whole drama each time whilstever DC's calling the shots.

4 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

In whos opinion?

(Try to bear in mind that Everton & Leicester have both been linked with him at £2m plus)

Try to bear in mind that City and Chelsea haven't and Hirst is nowhere close to the quality their young'uns have.