Westwood "It’s a hard position to be in"

Large.jpg]

Keiren Westwood expressed his delight for Atdhe Nuhiu following the striker’s last-gasp goal in the 94th minute at Portman Road.

The Kosovan international has had to bide his time but produced the goods in Suffolk to post what could well prove a crucial point for Wednesday.

Speaking pitchside after the 2-2 draw, Westwood said:

“It was a hard-earned point in the end and I’m delighted for big Atdhe as well.

NUHIU SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY.jpg

“He’s been on the periphery but he’s come on there, shown his strengths and got us a goal and I’m delighted.

“This is my fourth season here now and Atdhe has been here in that time with me, he’s a good mate like all the boys are.

“He’s been in and out but when he’s come on, he’s a big handful, he’s a big guy and we’re happy for him.

“It’s a hard position to be in but he came on, popped up with a goal and fair play to him.”

Owlstalk Shop

I think he should start saturday, big awkward and hard to play against, puts in a shift and his confidence will be up, can hardly be worse than what Rhodes is offering at present, can't believe I said this but shows how desperate and backwards weve gone of late imo

12 minutes ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

Big praise for the big man coming on and saving us.

That white t-shirt was a horrible choice though.

Yours sincerely,

The Fashion Police.

More to do will ill fitting shirt...I think they are making him another one it's due to arrive 2019

• Haha 1

He has attributes that can work in our favour.........he can be the catalyst for others............the thing is he has the unknown quality as nobody knows (including him) what he is going to do........................whereas with Hunt & Wallace & Loovens you get predictable crapness in slow motion.

2 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

The man is a massive cult figure at our club, far more so than any other player we have.

Honestly there will be a huge cheer if he is in the starting line up at the weekend.

The anti Nuhiu gang will be out in force. I for one hope he starts. At least that guy as passion and genuinely looks as though he wants to win, unlike quite in this team at present. No matter how many bullets are fired at him, he will still come up smiling. Go on big Dave lets show em.

1 hour ago, debram said:

I think he should start saturday, big awkward and hard to play against, puts in a shift and his confidence will be up, can hardly be worse than what Rhodes is offering at present, can't believe I said this but shows how desperate and backwards weve gone of late imo

Deffo he causes defemders problems. Used to get far more flack the warrented 

Some people will say us reverting to the big man is a step backwards.

But if we step back we see we were actually further forward then. 

So what's wrong with stepping back if it helps us step back to where we were which was ahead of where we now are. 

Or something 

Edited by Lord Snooty
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, debram said:

I agree. He's very limited as a footballer but he is a big presence creating space for those around him..

AND he has that passion that so many others seem to be lacking at the moment.

Important though that we have Reach playing as a winger on the left and someone providing from the right wing for once.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, farlego said:

Give him a chance up top with Rhodes feeding off him and Hooper in the hole behind. Could work and it can't be any worse than our current slow predictable play.

That actually sounds really good 

Guest Bulgaria
47 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

The man is a massive cult figure at our club, far more so than any other player we have.

Honestly there will be a huge cheer if he is in the starting line up at the weekend.

Absolutely