home tickets

6 hours ago, steelerian said:

The only option is to vote with your feet. As many have said across many threads recently, whilstever the gates are high the chairman wont care.

£33 to see mid table championship football in a working class city is a disgrace. (Well its a disgrace at any level, but thats anothet debate). 

wait until next season if nothing changes, I weynt be renewing for first time since the late 70s

3 minutes ago, Hutch's biscuit knee said:

Really? you do realise everybody has a breaking point

I don't know how many more times I can say that attendances are going UP

Ticket sales are at a real high currently

Season tickets are at a big high too

It went up the last two seasons

There's nothing to indicate that next season will be any different once there's either been promotion, a change of manager or a promise of bringing in more exciting players and having a proper go at it next season

Whilstever season tickets are selling like they are, whilstever attendances are as high as they are, and whilstever the £££ is rolling into the club the club won't change anything

Why would they?

The number of tickets sold shows that fans overall are extremely happy with buying tickets currently

Owlstalk Shop

38 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

My guess is absolutely not

If we get promoted they'll go up

If we just miss out on promotion then there will be promises of big signings and people will renew out of faith and hope

Either way I can't see them going down - if anything I can see season tickets going up next season in numbers, even if the prices go up

Not sure about that.

24 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think attendances have levelled off.

I know several people who say they are not renewing next time but I am not sure if this is genuine or pub talk.

For years and years people have said they're not renewing next season

The end of the season comes, the club hype up the next season, promise a few big signings and a real crack at promotion and everyone renews

Owlstalk Shop

10 hours ago, Hutch's biscuit knee said:

The combination of a clueless manager and a greedy owner are slowly killing are fan base, £33 to watch utter drivel is crazy and any supporter who can justify that is as deluded as our manager! we the fans have forked out huge amounts of money with the promise it will deliver premiership football within 2/3 years but now we know that ain't happening in the near future were still being asked to part with ridiculous money to come to a lifeless stadium and to be fed absolute guff by a manager who will never accept any blame, it hurts me to say but the club is rotten at the minute and we need our owner to start acting like an owner. 

Spot on mate 

11 hours ago, welsOwl74 said:

cheapest  Adult tickets for home supporters for Sheffield Wednesdays upcoming home game (non-member) is £33 ,hear it compares to our rivals next home game prices

pigs £20 ,kids for a quid 

wolves £28

Cardiff £18

Derby £ 29

Bristol £25 

Villa £11 

5 of the 6 teams mentioned don't receive parachute payments,offer entertaining football and look what we are offering for a BARGAIN £33 

18k kids tickets sold then .

4 hours ago, james o connor said:

The disgusting prices and the fact our chairman has basically said shut up and put up (in not so many words) is a bigger issue than the four football imo . Even in our darkest days it felt like everybody was in it together . Now the club is a bit of a joke and being run by people so far out of touch of the real world it’s untrue 

Fantastic post . Agree with every word 

cheapest  Adult tickets for home supporters for Sheffield Wednesdays upcoming home game (non-member) is £33 ,hear it compares to our rivals next home game prices

wolves £28

Cardiff £18

Derby £ 29

Bristol £25 

Villa £11 

5 of the 6 teams mentioned don't receive parachute payments,offer entertaining football and look what we are offering for a BARGAIN £33 

Its £21 on the Kop for cat B games, which the Birmingham game is.

However most matches (over 60%) at BL this season have been made category A.

Agree with @Owlstalk, ecomics determine prices.

If fans pay high prices, then there no incentive for an owner to lower prices to reasonable levels.

The facts prove that the high pricing strategy has been a success, which I didn’t think could happen in Sheffield.

Edited by sheffsteel

wolves £28

Cardiff £18

Derby £ 29

Bristol £25 

Villa £11 

Wolves , like us have spent a fortune on players , yet charge less for their tickets and play free flowing ,attractive football and are tearing the league a new one. Wednesday  have got it so wrong . 

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

For years and years people have said they're not renewing next season

The end of the season comes, the club hype up the next season, promise a few big signings and a real crack at promotion and everyone renews

I think the difference between the ridiculous pay on the gate and the season ticket price per game has had a positive effect on the high take up of season tickets. Say we finish where we are now and the manager is still retained then imo we'd be back down to circa 15,000 season ticket holders and would lose any decent walk up numbers because of the sky high prices. 

We all know that CC will be gone given the above scenario, it remains to be seen whether or not the new incoming manager and spin from DC will see the same enthusiasm for the uptake in season tickets, the early bird deadline on season ticket sales may be a good indicator as to where we are with fans confidence in the club.

Anyway we're going up aren't we so it's all bullquack !

Here we go again.:columbo:

Whilst I don't agree with the disgustingly high POTD prices, I am (like many others on OT)

absolutely bored stiff with the same "usual suspects" re-hashng the same subjects ad infinitum.

FFS give it a rest.  Surely you can find something new to post about.:goalie:

Guest Hillsborough Mole
18 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Attendances have rocketed under Chansiri

I'm not sure they have.

There are many who have bought season tickets because the saving is huge compared to paying on the day. My Kop season ticket saves me over £300 on individual games - meaning its worth getting one even if I'm going t0 miss 10 home games. The differential is so wide that many have chosen to ante up for a season ticket - and still pick and choose. As we have so many more season ticket holders than we had in the past, our pay on the gate numbers have dropped through the floor - so those who would normally be paying a huge premium have dropped to about 1/3 of previous numbers.

Ive got a season ticket but missed the last few home games because I just can't be arsed to turn up and be bored to death. The TV games Ive watched havent made me worry about that decision, as we really are the most boring weve been since Irvine was here (much worse than under Stuart Gray). The next game I'm planning on going to is Forest away - I can't think of when I might venture into Hills-bore-ough again. I definitely won't be having a season ticket next year.

21 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Attendances have rocketed under Chansiri

The thread began stating that ticket prices are high compared to our current rivals, it didn't mention attendances. Pointing out that we have a loyal fan base with highest average away gate in the league and consistently high at Hillsborough doesn't change that pay on the gate prices at Hillsborough are too high. The 3 year season ticket I purchased and I believe lots took this offer was good. I think lots of people posting are worried about what will happen when this deal finishes. Having a loyal fan base doesn't make the prices first stated 'ok'. Over time this could affect attendances in years to come and is certainly affecting the mood around the club in my opinion.