home tickets

12 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

I can do this all day everyday, wanting to, do all i can to, wishing it, does not mean a promise. 

The way Teflon Dan describes it, it is not.

However you saying “whatever it takes” is not a promise tells me you have no lady in your life.

Wife “Don’t you dare come back bladdered”

Me “I won’t”

Wife “ make sure your back before midnight”

Me “Whatever it takes”

* Roll in at 5am off my T1ts.

wife “ you promised”

Me “No I didn’t”

never going to last 

lol

• Haha 5

10 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

The way Teflon Dan describes it, it is not.

However you saying “whatever it takes” is not a promise tells me you have no lady in your life.

Wife “Don’t you dare come back bladdered”

Me “I won’t”

Wife “ make sure your back before midnight”

Me “Whatever it takes”

* Roll in at 5am off my T1ts.

wife “ you promised”

Me “No I didn’t”

never going to last 

lol

Are you just daft on here or is it an everyday thing? 

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

I groaned when I saw another thread about ticket prices as under Chansiri they are never going to change.

But does show the strength of feeling about this.

I don't know what is worse the ticket prices or the 'But if you want better players' I keep hearing from the I'm alright jack brigade.

Trouble is our players are not top players , earners yes and that's where Chansiri has royally f...ed up , no young premier league loanees like most clubs, no young players full stop,just experienced championship players some past their best( Loovens, Fletcher, Wallace , Rhodes) !

• Thanks 1

Here we go again people will always find a reason not to attend before DC it was because we was bobbar now probably a good % of the same people are not coming apparently because of the price.

Yep accept prices are slightly high and personally reckon you should be able to get in to any of our games for £30 but cheaper tickets don't back up better attendances as there was a different excuse back then.

If you're out there putting the hours in and genuinely can't afford it I do feel for you but for a lot it's a simple choice were to spend there cash which is there choice but it's like me complaining I can't spend 3-4k every year on a Barbados holiday because I spend it watching Wednesday it's totally my choice so not going to ball Thomas Cook for that.

Edited by coopswfc76

Well, it's 2 seasons in at these prices and to be fair to DC, we now have 21,000 season ticket holders. Great marketing strategy some might say? 

I agree for those paying match day prices, it must be 'fighting with stewards' frustrating and way too high.

A more interesting question will be how many season ticket holders will we have for next season? I bet we're back down to 15/16k, without significant changes.

3 hours ago, debram said:

If we loose further touch with the top six over the xmas period the crowds will drop, only then will the chairman take notice

I don't think they will drop significantly. We have 21k season ticket holders, which at the moment guarantees us around 23k minimum (see lowest gates over past 2 years). Would be surprised if we go below 23. Next season however, I think ST's will take a massive hit without some forward thinking changes/vision for future for us to buy into.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

But price can't be an issue for the club if there's a huge demand for tickets and growing attendances

Is it just more season tickets have been sold though. 

Just now, Maxine said:

Is it just more season tickets have been sold though. 

Exactly

What a result for the club that is

Attendances overall have risen sharply

So all the issues about pricing (in the clubs eyes) simply don't exist.

They can just keep saying 'sorry if there are people who can't afford it' and move on

There will be constant complaints I'm sure but the club can brush them off as they point to the increased attendances and ££££ rolling in

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Exactly

What a result for the club that is

Attendances overall have risen sharply

So all the issues about pricing (in the clubs eyes) simply don't exist.

They can just keep saying 'sorry if there are people who can't afford it' and move on

There will be constant complaints I'm sure but the club can brush them off as they point to the increased attendances and ££££ rolling in

Yes true and the seat next to me remains empty every game. I wonder if season ticket sales will drop next season. 

9 hours ago, welsOwl74 said:

cheapest  Adult tickets for home supporters for Sheffield Wednesdays upcoming home game (non-member) is £33 ,hear it compares to our rivals next home game prices

pigs £20 ,kids for a quid 

wolves £28

Cardiff £18

Derby £ 29

Bristol £25 

Villa £11 

5 of the 6 teams mentioned don't receive parachute payments,offer entertaining football and look what we are offering for a BARGAIN £33 

I have never seen so many disgruntled fans of SWFC for many a year even in the Yo Yo years.  We will not get promoted this season and may be lucky enough to stay in the top 10 so we are struggling and why?  The manager hasn't a clue and not even a plan "A" so where do we go from here?  I suggest crowd-wise we should have kids for a quid and let them take their guardian in for nowt............the ground will be full and they'll be queuing up outside to get in  Lol.  I keep saying it bring back Garry Megson with Howard Wilkinson as Director of Football and see how things change we wouldn't need to change the squad. Once the manager has done his job on the training field it is then up to the players to perform 110% EVERY game........no tippy tappy rubbish and no long ball stuff either. Not holding my breath for the Reading game, it could be a dull draw again.

We have an owner who's happiest when having his picture took in the megastore with fans rather than make important decisions and a stubborn clueless manager who can't believe his luck he's managed to stay at a club for more than a season! What were told to do is nod our heads, clap like a seal and keep handing over our hard earned cash week in week out, it's absolutely crazy we put up with that.

23 minutes ago, Maxine said:

Yes true and the seat next to me remains empty every game. I wonder if season ticket sales will drop next season. 

My guess is absolutely not

If we get promoted they'll go up

If we just miss out on promotion then there will be promises of big signings and people will renew out of faith and hope

Either way I can't see them going down - if anything I can see season tickets going up next season in numbers, even if the prices go up

Owlstalk Shop

14 minutes ago, wedance said:

I have never seen so many disgruntled fans of SWFC for many a year even in the Yo Yo years.  We will not get promoted this season and may be lucky enough to stay in the top 10 so we are struggling and why?  The manager hasn't a clue and not even a plan "A" so where do we go from here?  I suggest crowd-wise we should have kids for a quid and let them take their guardian in for nowt............the ground will be full and they'll be queuing up outside to get in  Lol.  I keep saying it bring back Garry Megson with Howard Wilkinson as Director of Football and see how things change we wouldn't need to change the squad. Once the manager has done his job on the training field it is then up to the players to perform 110% EVERY game........no tippy tappy rubbish and no long ball stuff either. Not holding my breath for the Reading game, it could be a dull draw again.

Aye, cos there was none of that long ball cack under those two. 

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

My guess is absolutely not

If we get promoted they'll go up

If we just miss out on promotion then there will be promises of big signings and people will renew out of faith and hope

Either way I can't see them going down - if anything I can see season tickets going up next season in numbers, even if the prices go up

Really? you do realise everybody has a breaking point