Radio Sheffield commentary last night

I only caught the last few minutes of injury time but.....

Commentator said it was a scramble (it was a thumping header)

Then said "Ipswich ONE Sheffield Wednesday ONE" (it was actually 2-2)

Then guy in the studio said "nuhiu with the winner for Wednesday"

It was 2-2....wasn't it?

I had to put 5live on to know for sure

How do they get it so wrong??

Edited by wakefieldowl

1 hour ago, wakefieldowl said:

I only caught the last few minutes of injury time but.....

Commentator said it was a scramble (it was a thumping header)

Then said "Ipswich ONE Sheffield Wednesday ONE" (it was actually 2-2)

Then guy in the studio said "nuhiu with the winner for Wednesday"

It was 2-2....wasn't it?

I had to put 5live on to know for sure

How do they get it so wrong??

Giddings has a habit of making blatant mistakes during commentary. I remember listening to a game last year between Rotherham and Blackburn at Ewood Park. Blackburn went 3-1 up and he said. "Rotherham 3 Blackburn 1", in isolation not a big error but he then said a minute later. "The millers are 2-1 up". He then said a few moments later, "Rotherham in green", they were playing in bright yellow and finally he got the goal scorers wrong in the end of game round up.

I was struck by the word scramble too. The best thing you could say about Andy Giddings is that he's not very good.

Thumping header yes, and also a real quality move that was somewhat overshadowed by the fact that it was Adte who scored and it came in the 5th minute of added time.

Edited by Muffin Owl

9 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

They probably fell asleep midway through the game with the boring mind numbing game plan that this head coach of ours sets the team up with.

Beat me to it. I must admit I dozed off watching the first half on the box. My wife woke me up to say its half time do you want a drink.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Ironman said:

loved his sheer joy and delight at both Ipswich's goals and his understated response to Dave's last gasp equaliser too. Numpty.

Didnt happen.

1 hour ago, Ironman said:

loved his sheer joy and delight at both Ipswich's goals and his understated response to Dave's last gasp equaliser too. Numpty.

Hes terrible for it.

The away game at Brentford when we went up from league one. I think Donaldson scored and he was “ohhhh Wednesday are crumbling” only for us to go on and win.

He must’ve been gutted and that’s probably where the pen clicking habit started 

They're absolutely besotted with Chris Wilder and the Pigs at the moment.

I tuned in to Praise or Grumble after our great performance at Aston Villa. First caller - a jubilant Blade (they'd just come from behind to beat Hull). He went on for about 5 minutes. Then an interview with 'Chrissy' Wilder - 10 minutes of the sycophantic presenter heaping praise upon him. Next caller - another Blade. 5 minutes later was the next caller - another Blade. I turned it off.

In 25 minutes all I heard was Radio Sheffield's relentless gushing over the Pigs. The other sides in the region were barely mentioned, apart from reading out the scores.