Do we need Forestieri back OR...

Or should we be looking for a couple more players as attacking and creative as Forestieri is?

My gut is that we should go shopping.

I know I know.... we've spent so much ££££ BUT we've not really gone out and bought ourselves anyone who can step in as/when Forestieri is injured/sulking/leaving the club

I would rather us go out and get a couple of exciting young pacey players who get the ball with a mad confidence and go straight for the jugular and head straight for the direct attacking play we're missing, who can help create chances and dare I say it shots on goal.

Are you looking forward to Fernando's return?

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

We don't need more players. 

We need different tactics. Or ideally a different manager.

So you don’t think we need pace, physicality and a goal scorer?

What tactics would make us better? Carlos not telling Jordan Rhodes to miss from 6 yards...?

8 minutes ago, Carbone said:

So you don’t think we need pace, physicality and a goal scorer?

What tactics would make us better? Carlos not telling Jordan Rhodes to miss from 6 yards...?

You can neutralise the need for pace if you move the ball quickly.

We have physicality in the form of Hutch, who hopefully will be back in the fray soon.

We have goal scorers. Rhodes, Hooper, Fletcher, Joao, Nuhiu and Forestieri are more than enough if used correctly and you play to their strengths.

Granted Rhodes missed the one chance he had last night but if you multiply his chances then the likelihood is he'll stick one away.

Passing the ball across the defense endlessly, looking backwards every time we get the ball, playing far too deep and running out of ideas 40 yards from the opponents goal are our issues.

The solution isn't always to chuck endless money at transfers, as our policy over the last 2 years has shown.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

You can neutralise the need for pace if you move the ball quickly.

We have physicality in the form of Hutch, who hopefully will be back in the fray soon.

We have goal scorers. Rhodes, Hooper, Fletcher, Joao, Nuhiu and Forestieri are more than enough if used correctly and you play to their strengths.

Granted Rhodes missed the one chance he had last night but if you multiply his chances then the likelihood is he'll stick one away.

Passing the ball across the defense endlessly, looking backwards every time we get the ball, playing far too deep and running out of ideas 40 yards from the opponents goal are our issues.

The solution isn't always to chuck endless money at transfers, as our policy over the last 2 years has shown.

So we have one physical player who is usually fit for 20 games a season. 

I disagree that our strikers have the firepower. With Rhodes, it’s not just about missing chances, he rarely gets into the right positions also.

You are right about money, but we have improved in the areas we really need have we?

Just now, Carbone said:

I disagree that our strikers have the firepower. With Rhodes, it’s not just about missing chances, he rarely gets into the right positions also.

You are right about money, but we have improved in the areas we really need have we?

Listen, I won't complain if we bring a pacey winger in I promise you that. Nor will I complain if we bring an animal in to boss the midfield.

I just think we can get more out of our current squad than we are doing.

I get the frustration with Rhodes but he's no good to us chasing after defenders into the corners. He needs to be in the centre of the field either running in behind or getting up for crosses. Problem is we don't play through balls and our crossing is atrocious.

Save the money... don't spend big.. see how the squad does this season and have a major overhaul in the summer.. refresh the squad and if we don't get promoted I think it would definitely be the time for a new manager. 

New manager and squad overhaul in the summer, don't spaff major cash in January. 

Oh and yeah just see what happens when fessi is back.

Edited by MrTacoSWFC

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
7 minutes ago, Carbone said:

You do have to question why his excellence previously in this regard has become so tarnished under CC. I agree that we need someone to compete with/understudy Hutch (nothing new there). Players of his sort will miss games. That said I'm confident that a different coach could get far more out of our squad than Carlos is managing.

19 minutes ago, Carbone said:

He does get into the right positions it's just that when the service is lacking you aren't going to stand in the same place all the time are you? A bit like BB and GH coming to deep to make things happen.

What we need is someone we can give the ball to and say 'there you go fella, run at them. Give them a fright. Do something different'.

We've got NO-ONE in our current squad who can do that. Not one. I've excluded Matias, just like Carlos has. He's probably the only one from out current lot who COULD do that. But he's either injured, or dumped in the U23 squad.

Thus, we are so predictable. I've said it time and time again, teams must love playing us cause they know EXACTLY what they are going to get.

Yes, FF, obviously does the above (and more). But we're crying out for an outlet. Someone who can run with the ball and change a game.

We keep going back to it, but our transfer dealings have been so tragic. It's absurd.

If we changed formation to say 352 or some version of 433 then all of a sudden it brings a host of players into contention.

Too many players are not trusted by Carlos because of his desire to play 442. He just won't play them so they are a complete waste of money.

How fit are fringe players like Abdi Matias Joao Venancio etc, I have no idea but we keep hearing they are not injured. Even FF when he gets fit won't be trusted by Carlos in a 442.

So change it and we have half a dozen new players