Why so bitterly anti-Carlos NOW?

4 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Because the people like you (who apparently have wanted him gone for longer than 12 months) and the people like me (who've wanted him gone since Reading last season in March) have finally seen their patience exhausted. It's simply to do with us 'tolerating' it all for so long. That's half of it.

The other half I'd hazard is other fans who have been far more positive finally getting exhausted of everything. The kit, the prices, the football, Hirst's contract, Blades doing so well while we languish in mid-table (don't underestimate how much this is getting to people, even if they wouldn't dare admit it). It's all a perfect storm and the bad sides have been tolerated for long enough.

I haven't done it yet, but over the next couple of weeks I'll be making a thread comparing the number of goals we've scored with Carlos in charge vs Stuart Gray, who was sacked for basically being too negative and defensive. I did a similar thing at the start of the season. I know what it's going to show before I even complete the task... we'll have scored only very marginally fewer goals with Stu in charge vs. Carlos. That's with a strike force of Nuhiu, May, Maguire etc. That's beyond unacceptable when you compare personnel then vs personnel now. 

The fact as well is that we have players like David Jones earning (and I don't care what anyone says about this being pure speculation) probably £25k+ a week to do sweet FA. Matias £15k+. Emmanuelson £20k+. Venancio was £2m in loan fee to not even make the bench? 

The amount of money we have wasted is disgusting and if it were any other club other than Wednesday, the club I support, I would be pointing and laughing and saying we deserve to languish as a poor team for the next few years as penance for wasting two golden opportunities at promotion and throwing so much money up the wall on decisions you could see were crap at the time.

We have wasted a disgusting amount of resources to go nowhere fast, and there seems to be very little way in regards to accountability for that fact. 

I've put that in bold because I think it really is an important point. It's all been more of the same despite this fact. Well... the physio team got sacked at least. It's definitely their fault. 

Looking forward to that thread. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Matt_1 said:

I disagree we have been this poor for 17 months. 

We were playing poorly in the run in at the end of last season but this season has been a total bobbar show.

The animosity comes now because we are in a critical position. It's only now that it's looking like making the playoffs will be a miracle and performing in the playoffs is a whole different story.

After the Huddersfield match, there was optimism coming from various places. Who would we sign in the summer? What had we learnt from that season? We had improved from the 1st season under Carlos - we hoped that would continue. Things were pointing towards this season being a success. 

Now we are where we are, the pigs are where they are and there is absolutely nothing that is suggesting this will change.

More and more people have reached the tipping point.

Does that run in at the end of last season include the draw & 6 wins in April or not?

Wanted Carlos out for a long time, so have many others. Should have been chopped after the second playoff defeat.

This has been coming for ages and its a mixture of the incompetence of the club and the state of things on the pitch that are causing high tension. Don't assume this is a knee jerk reaction, this has been brewing and we've actually been pretty patient. Millions chucked in from the chairman and fans and we've got.. not a lot to show for it.

Most would take a 5 game unbeaten run but not playing like this.. Its a horror show

The way we approached the play-offs last season was embarrassing. I was willing to give him another go once he seemed to admit errors and promise a new approach this season - but we've gone backwards and seem to be even more dull. 

He's not helped himself by promising promotion then showing no evidence of changing anything on the pitch to do so. 

Yeah, we've gone on an unbeaten run but we've dropped points against some very very very poor or average teams - Bolton, Burton,  Barnsley, Sunderland, QPR...

He's showing he's too stubborn and stuck in his ways to change it up. Next game will still be 442 with Wallace on the right, slow approach...depressing...

10 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Does that run in at the end of last season include the draw & 6 wins in April or not?

It definitely includes the abysmal run 4 points from a possible 18, 4 losses, 1 draw and 1 win, in the 6 games before that.

42 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Why now?

Let me stress, I have wanted Carlos out since the start of 16/17. But why recently have so many fans become so bitterly anti-Carlos?

Last 5 matches - 9 points.

• If we had done that all season we would have 31-32 points - not our current 25.
  • We would be 5th - not our current 11th

I completely understand fans having grown weary of Carlos and his style of play, but for the life of me I don't understand why the bitterness has reached boiling-point now. 

While this run continues, and while Carlos resists the urge to tinker (interestingly so many fans are posting they want to butcher the line-up and formation, let alone tinker), I do not understand the growing animosity.

Yes we were dull as dishwater v Bristol, and under-performed last night, but a five game unbeaten run is really decent.

some fans need to go to specsavers

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Chriss said:

Wanted Carlos out for a long time, so have many others. Should have been chopped after the second playoff defeat.

This has been coming for ages and its a mixture of the incompetence of the club and the state of things on the pitch that are causing high tension. Don't assume this is a knee jerk reaction, this has been brewing and we've actually been pretty patient. Millions chucked in from the chairman and fans and we've got.. not a lot to show for it.

Most would take a 5 game unbeaten run but not playing like this.. Its a horror show

1. Not as much money has been spent as people make out on players 

2. Regardless of how much we’ve spent, we have no physicality, any real pace, or a goal scorer that can hit 20-25 goals. I believe our squad needs refreshing and we don’t have a chairman willing to provide the funds to do so, and it doesn’t matter who the manager is. The football is poor but the chairman has said no new players in January. What exactly would a different manager do with this squad that would really change things?

Just now, Carbone said:

1. Not as much money has been spent as people make out on players 

2. Regardless of how much we’ve spent, we have no physicality, any real pace, or a goal scorer that can hit 20-25 goals. I believe our squad needs refreshing and we don’t have a chairman willing to provide the funds to do so, and it doesn’t matter who the manager is. The football is poor but the chairman has said no new players in January. What exactly would a different manager do with this squad that would really change things?

Showed what we were capable in the first season with Carlos. Arguably only Loovens has lost his pace in that time period and the rest are still reasonably in the game. We chucked £10 million at Rhodes, £5 million at reach, £3m on Hooper someone bounded a £2m loan for the Portugese dude and however much else for the rest (Joao, Forestieri, Abdi, Matias?) and include the wages in there. Sure theres quite a few transfers I'd missed, and I'd remind you we've sold er, not many.

What would a different manager do? I'd like to present Leon Clarke, the born again wonder striker currently tearing the championship a new one.

Because the writing is on the wall now. 

I backed Carlos like nobodies business when he stayed on for another season, but following then derby debacle and the clear malaise which is hanging over the club (on and off the pitch I might add) I'm very much of the view that he (plus a number of underperforming players) need moving on. 

We are (bar every now and then) boring to watch - one paced, insipid, dull football. Last night was absolute crap despite the finish. 

It's the same faces with the same failings and shortcomings. At best we somehow squeeze into the play offs and then in all likelihood bore our way out of them. 

I would say the whole thing at the start of the season that we are aiming for the top two and we need a strong start. It’s almost December and we still haven’t got going.

Carlos has also said we will be promoted this year. 

A lot of expectation has been put on from within and Carlos himself. We don’t look like a promotion winning side at the moment, so fans are looking at that, whilst paying a lot of money, and questioning his credibility.

44 minutes ago, Matt_1 said:

Also, r.e the unbeaten run.

How often will Adthe be coming on to rescue us in the 90th+ minute?

How often will we be able to bore teams to death like Bristol?

We're unbeaten because we have been scraping draws and nothing is indicating us being able to convert those draws to wins.

Hopefully he will be playing regularly

Few reasons I can think of...

1) bizarre recruitment

2) boring football

3) poor results

4) inability to be flexible with tactics

5) inability to play players based on merit

6) hanging players out to dry

7) regularly blaming refs

8) inability to get shots on target

9) inability to create chances to allow the strikers to shoot on goal

10) failure to improve the starting eleven despite throwing money around like the club has never done before

11) very expensive tickets (not Carlos' fault but makes his job more difficult)

12) non sensical press conferences

13) saying we are trying to win games and then following it up with performances that would put an insomniac to sleep

14) the other half smashing this league undermines many of the statements coming from the club about how we have to spend big, play careful football etc

15) the fact we have seen flashes of what the players are capable of, and most fans believe a more ambitious manager would get us winning more

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Why now?

Let me stress, I have wanted Carlos out since the start of 16/17. But why recently have so many fans become so bitterly anti-Carlos?

Last 5 matches - 9 points.

• If we had done that all season we would have 31-32 points - not our current 25.
  • We would be 5th - not our current 11th

I completely understand fans having grown weary of Carlos and his style of play, but for the life of me I don't understand why the bitterness has reached boiling-point now. 

While this run continues, and while Carlos resists the urge to tinker (interestingly so many fans are posting they want to butcher the line-up and formation, let alone tinker), I do not understand the growing animosity.

Yes we were dull as dishwater v Bristol, and under-performed last night, but a five game unbeaten run is really decent.

Stop bobbar stirring, you know why it's like watching best friend slowly pass away.