Season Ticket Renewal

2 hours ago, torryowl said:

fecking typical of modern day life.there's always a few trying to spoil it for the majority....and lets be right you don't have to put up with it do you .if Tesco let you down then you go to Sainsbury you don't stand in middle of Tesco shouting for the managers head annoying all the sane customers   ...........if you want to make  your feelings  known write to chansiri telling him how you feel .you never know he may send you reply .

Thanks for the advice "O wise one"

Off to Tesco's with my beloved this afternoon Torrey..

If you can tune in to North West tonight on Sky plus you might just see me being carted into the "paddy waggon"

Should  my favorite Brooklyn lager has gone off the offer, the managers gonna geddit  ...lol

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Haha 2

Every person has their own view, there are many on here if your view differs to their then you are wrong. But once you get past the narrow minded ones.

Every Owl's fan loves their club I myself have been supporting them for nearly 40 years i saw my first game in the 80's and was a season ticket holder for over 20 years up to the mid noughties and i didn't renew one year becuase money was tighter and work commitments change and instead went to games I could make, money was used for other things and now I just don't have the time to go to every game, often a midweek match is the best to go to straight from work, a few beers with the lads and an Owls win. It used to be a good laugh you and your mates enjoyed yourselves for £40-50 there / back a few beers and the ticket. 

Now its more like £70-80 with the increase in the ticket prices, everything in the ground, the only thing that's not changed much in price is the program and to say for the last 18 months its been a chore would be an understatement, the thing that sticks in your throat is we all know how well they can play, then each game you turn up 2 or 3 other players have a massive off day. the last match it was Lees, Wallace and Hunt this Saturday it could be Hooper, Reach and Bannan its like there is a cancer in the club at the moment of negativity being caused by the negative performances on the pitch which has spread to the stands.

Wednesday has always been a family club you go in a Wednesday pub which you have never been before you are accepted because of who you support not because of who you are, there is a commonradary in the stand that people always sit in the say people they know and if someone is not their you notice it. No matter how bad the team is doing the fans stick together until recently we are a divided fan base, those that are the die hard know that something is not right but the club is their life they go no matter what, the fans who cannot afford it but find the money who are now thinking there is better thinks to spend the money on and there is the floaters that come when the going is good but for year the crowd were expanded buy getting the float Student fans in and there is nothing wrong with that, beside what some might think on here. 

We were not happy paying the money we had to but the standard of football improved 10 found from Gray it was entertaining and a fun ride and you forgot about how badly the club was being run off the pitch but now the standard of football is worse than under Gray because under him you always got one thing from the players and that was 100% commitment, there are too many Giles DeBildes on the pitch at the moment and not enough Des Walkers to put in simply.

How do we sort it - I don't know I think the chairman does not have a clue what he is doing, I think he has let the finance get out of control and is too stubborn to ask for help, I fully expect we will break FFP and get a transfer embargo but I also feel he has lost touch with the fans and see us as a cash cow to milk for all he can. But then is too stubborn to release not ever player works out and the good teams are the ones who get rid of drains on the club like non playing players and the truly good ones are the ones who take average players make them better and sell them on for decent profit and reinvest to make the club stronger. Ala like the Bloke is currently doing at the lane.

I just hope some common sense is used by the club before it is too late and this rift in the fan base could be catastrophic to the club for years to come.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, owl4life said:

I was just going by an earlier post on here

This season to none early bird it was as follows:

Kop £505, Grandstand £615, North £615, South £705 presumably early bird are cheaper but normally early bird used to be last years prices. 

So not expecting much of a saving on these prices unless someone knows better

1 hour ago, modboy said:

It's OK saying pick and choose but many including myself (if I don't renew) will simply not pay the POTG prices, and don't get me started with the membership rip-off .

Now if the club was to say offer a 10 match bundle like other clubs do that would appeal https://www.ytfc.net/tickets/ticket-bundles/

Absolutely...and I think you and Yeovil are a good fit...I hope you enjoy it there   lol 

• Haha 1

On 23/11/2017 at 12:47, BARMYARMY2010 said:

But, you'll pay £700 if carlos aint the manager, good one. 

I'll renew. In spite of the poor entertainment value.

It will still be the least expensive way of watching the Owls if you intend going to every home game.

Also gets your priority points up front.

I realise everone's circumstances are different and its a case of priorities. My priority is to keep on supporting. 

I've been doing it for a very very long time. Seen much worse and will continue as long as am able.

I

• Like 1

On 23/11/2017 at 19:14, 31Dec1966 said:

it's made me very sad reading this thread. All the feelgood momentum from the first season has evaporated.

I understand totally nearly all the posts on here and, of course, people decide what to do with their own money. There is no doubt in my mind that our prices are too high and I get the resentment that our players earn more in a week than most do in a year and turn in a performance like at Ipswich.  I've seen much worse times than this but I suppose the big difference is the players weren't millionaires in the 70's !

If I were starting now I admit I would find it hard to reconcile spending a lot of my hard earned money on Wednesday. There's been so little reward in 50 years!

Having said all that it's in my blood and I'll keep going as long as I have breath. Wednesday till I die means just that, it's not an empty phrase just to be trundled out at Wembley.

Well said. Me too. I go back even further and intend to continue.

Before anyone starts. I know the concession season ticket is much cheaper, but think how much I've spent on the club  to get to this position.

13 hours ago, torryowl said:

fecking typical of modern day life.there's always a few trying to spoil it for the majority....and lets be right you don't have to put up with it do you .if Tesco let you down then you go to Sainsbury you don't stand in middle of Tesco shouting for the managers head annoying all the sane customers   ...........if you want to make  your feelings  known write to chansiri telling him how you feel .you never know he may send you reply .

don't think supporting a team is like shopping at asda or Tesco I'm through and through Wednesday and will be there long after this clown has gone even if we end up under ffp and things get very tough ,either way the football can only get better . I'm watching our club slowly slide into a serious mess though total mismanagement of our club and incredibly wasteful in player recruitment which is going to hold the club back from signing other players for quite some time ,the damage is done these players have contracts none will leave in January ,and only 2-3 in summer david jones/ross Wallace all other players are on long deals ,who is going to slip us 4 million and take abdi 35k a week wages or 10 million Rhodes who is on a reported 50k a week? never mind the rest .

1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

don't think supporting a team is like shopping at asda or Tesco I'm through and through Wednesday and will be there long after this clown has gone even if we end up under ffp and things get very tough ,either way the football can only get better . I'm watching our club slowly slide into a serious mess though total mismanagement of our club and incredibly wasteful in player recruitment which is going to hold the club back from signing other players for quite some time ,the damage is done these players have contracts none will leave in January ,and only 2-3 in summer david jones/ross Wallace all other players are on long deals ,who is going to slip us 4 million and take abdi 35k a week wages or 10 million Rhodes who is on a reported 50k a week? never mind the rest .

especially when many Sheffielders are just about managing

ive a 2 season ticket , will i renew NO , to be honest havent been since blunts game , been an Owl since 83' good and bad times no glory hunter here .

the passion on the field is lacking and quality is there and its not working  ,  

the club i fell in love with isnt the same as the one i see in front of me now ...

No blue and white stripes No home grown manager No Uk owner 

look at the way their treating G.Hirst shocking a fan and son of a legend

yes i'll always support swfc 

but attend games ... well 

I find it hard to believe people won’t renew because of Carlos and I’m a Carlos out advocate. 

Thats utter bull. 

Look at the dross we have had as manager in recent memory, Irvine, Jewel, Turner etc. People renewed because the shelf life of a manager is never that long. 

If we fail to go up Carlos will be gone. Mr C won’t give him a fourth year. This is why Carlos says we will be promoted. He’s trying to convince us all we will do it cos he knows it’s his last shot. 

If you don’t want to renew because of the financial strains, I get it but to say it’s because of the manager in today’s climate doesn’t wash. 

It's a bit of both for me, but time is the main issue when I'm just sat there bored senseless I could be doing other things that make me happy. 

Feels like the last days of a relationships, when it's turning sour and you either need a fresh start to relight the passion or you're waiting for either of you to call it time.