Steady Decline

In player performances.

Was the first year under CC the perfect storm? Did everyone have the best season they're going to have?

There just seems to be no improvement at all in performance levels from any player. Most have shown a steady decline!

Id say bar Bannan no one has even maintained a level never mind got better!

If Tom Lees carries on his decline he will have forgotten how to walk come next year!

I'm thinking more and more that the players need some refreshing and some new ideas.

Either they have all lost the ability they had 2 seasons ago or they are not suited to playing this style of football for this manager. I'm confident it's the latter.

Edited by OwlofOliveGrove

I am sorry to say but Carlos's 1 year record speaks for itself...you don't have a 14 clubs 14 years for no good reason!! 14 clubs are not wrong!!

When will people realise that he is turning us into a mid-table championship club...all this about we are unbeaten in 5, were hard to beat, we came back with spirit.....its testicles...we have got 3 wins in 11 games and drawing games, which as never got anyone promoted. We all take the wee wee out of Huddersfield for their "228 game unbeaten run" but that is what we are turning into, a club content with draws!! A drawn game is 2 points lost when your ambition is the top 6.

When you simply look at the league table it isn't to bad...you look and think we are 11th and 4 points off the top 6. When you look closer you look at the teams above us Derby, Boro, Bristol, Villa and the pigs....all inform teams playing well and gathering momentum going in Christmas (a period where you need to gain points). Us on the other hand playing poorly and loosing momentum, content to salvage draws. If we are not careful our season could be well and truly over after Christmas 3/4 games in 10 days could literally see us cut adrift by 9/10 points!!

To me the players aren't fit enough, our tactics are poor and i honestly believe that the players are now losing faith in CC. Its becoming more and more evident IMO.

Edited by Wednesday_Jack

1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

I struggle to think of anything positive Carlos is getting out of the squad.

Stunning he's still in a job.

I agree but do the players need to stand up and take responsibility though 

Fletcher's pass last night was just a disgrace, nothing the manager can do about that 

3 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Said it for a few weeks...the players are stale and we are going backwards on a game by game basis. He has to go mate...i agree, amazing that hes still in the job.

2 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Totally agree. Gray was sacked for similar sort of performances, but without having had the luxury of such investment and the quality of players that Carlos has been given.

Nice guys don't do well in this division and certainly doesn't get you promoted from 1 of the toughest leagues in the world so for that reason alone he should have the decency to walk before it really does become unbearable that fans just couldn't be bothered to go to matches to support our great club 

8 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

We all take the wee wee out of Huddersfield for their "228 game unbeaten run" but that is what we are turning into, a club content with draws!! A drawn game is 2 points lost when your ambition is the top 6.

Totally agree. If we drew all our matches we'd end up with 46 points and being relegated though no doubt the manager would then go on about our 46 match unbeaten run. A draw is a poor result, other than the odd occasion when you're away to a top team,maybe six or seven games. TBF Wilder has got it right in that the mind set is go for the win and accept the odd defeat if you're going down fighting. Carlos,however, prefers not to lose than risk trying to win with the draws eventually killing you.

33 minutes ago, torres said:

I agree but do the players need to stand up and take responsibility though 

Fletcher's pass last night was just a disgrace, nothing the manager can do about that 

Bad pass, agree, however why is he having to come back so deep to get the ball, where was Hooper who normally links up, and the normal sideways passing that we do was there for everyone to see, just poorly executed, who's fault is it, that he has to play this way (nobody up front to pass to) or (told to build up slowly) .It was an individual error, but a team being set up and instructed to play this way has more chance of a pass going astray, if we keep doing this the other teams know that putting pressure on our midfield/ backs is going to pay dividends.

We have to stop playing the ball too much, if we see an opening we have to try and exploit, this does not mean hoof, we have to set up differently and have players making incisive runs, through the channels, and in behind, we have to have more to our game than possession, we have the players to frighten teams.

Something has to change we are stale.

Edited by daleblue

47 minutes ago, owlsdreamer said:

Again ,we have paid a reported 4 million for Van Aken and like other big buys as disappeared off the radar.

If it was my money I would be questioning what is going on.

The recruitment has been dire, no argument, but the point i am making is the players from ''year one'' are a shadow of what they were.

£10m for Lees and i was thinking no way - now i'd take £10.00!

1 hour ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

I'm thinking more and more that the players need some refreshing and some new ideas.

Either they have all lost the ability they had 2 seasons ago or they are not suited to playing this style of football for this manager. I'm confident it's the latter.

Big shake up required to rid the team of what looks like walking football devoid of fight and passion.

When a very very ordinary player like Nuhiu can make such an impact in a few minutes, our other more gifted players should be ashamed.

Where to start? 

Has to be the head coach who seems to have coached the life out of the team.

Do it now. Give a new manager a little time before the next transfer window.

1 hour ago, torres said:

In player performances.

Was the first year under CC the perfect storm? Did everyone have the best season they're going to have?

There just seems to be no improvement at all in performance levels from any player. Most have shown a steady decline!

Id say bar Bannan no one has even maintained a level never mind got better!

If Tom Lees carries on his decline he will have forgotten how to walk come next year!

Agreed. Bannan is carrying this team. I think we'll struggle to keep him when better teams come calling. And they will. That first half last night was akin to a Alan Irvine performance. Unacceptable