Hoops turn and ball tho' !!!

Reach took on and beat their right back tight on the touch line and delivered a peach of a cross. Carlos should be made to watch that over and over again until the penny finally drops that having wide players do what comes naturally and not flipping' tucking in narrow is actually viable option.

Edited by Walt
  • Like 1

I also didn't think Hooper was up to much tonight either. Thought the same against Bristol. He's always capable of those sparks of brilliance as we saw tonight - even when he's not otherwise playing so well.

In truth, it's his 'partnership' with Rhodes that is the worry.

I'm one of these that advocated for Rhodes being given a run in the side. I probably had in mind a longer run than 4 games, but I suppose I more ideally envisaged a run in which we may have to persevere with him whilst his contribution to the team gradually improves with each game. It seems to be getting worse with each game though, as does his partnership with Hooper, and more to the point, Hooper's game seems to have dropped off considerably.

When Nuhiu came on today I said to my mate that he'll actually be more of a goal threat than Rhodes. I'm not trying to make any claims that I could foresee a Nuhiu goal because that's just not believable, but it was more a statement about Rhodes' current game.

I suspect CC might go with Fletcher again at Reading. I never felt Fletcher was playing particularly badly anyway and his understanding with Hooper was certainly much greater than with any other front pairing. It's a shame about Rhodes though, but CC will have to put the team first. Maybe he'll go with João or Nuhiu instead?! I doubt that though. Either way though I'm expecting him to change things.

59 minutes ago, erowl said:

Hooper and Bannan. 

Only real quality we have.

Chuck the rest in the river for me including the coaching set up.

Aye that Westwood is garbage.

Adam Reach too - what an awful season he's had!

49 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Hooper was very poor tonight. But he scored the pen and had a hand in the 2nd goal, so he's played a part in grabbing a point at least.

I wouldn't say very poor but he was some way off his best and clearly frustrated at himself at times but at least he had a positive impact. 

He does some fine work when dropping off and linking play but when we don't get enough players going beyond him to support his link play then it defeats the object.

Edited by Guest