January

Is one of the biggest months in this clubs history. Huge. We've got to get the recruitment bang on, and bravery is required. Somehow ship out 7 or 8, and bring in 2 or 3. Some pace and hunger from the Premier League under 23's. Someone with attitude. 

This squad is desperate for fresh faces. They look like a team playing against Johnny Quinn's Allstars. All smiles, back slaps. And I wish Keiron Lee would stop picking their players up after a foul. 'Kin leave them where they are FFS. 

We need a Joey Barton type in the middle. Someone not afraid to upset his own teammates. I said 3 months ago it was all far too comfortable. Everything is 'nice'. Hooper at the end when interviewed didn't have a hair out of place. He could play again later. 

January is shiite or bust. wee wee tail this one up, and we could be in this league for the next 5 years at least. 

No point while Carlos is still in place. He’s wasted so much money and talent already. We have a good squad compared to many in our league it just isn’t gelled currently.  If Carlos has gone then I agree, a few chances could heed big results. 

1 minute ago, Ash76 said:

We still need centre backs 

We have them but we just don't play them, if Carlos had any balls I would drop calamity Lees and side pass loovens and Give the other two a try they seriously cannot be as awful as the two who played tonight.

I have seen kids with more tactical awareness that Lees. Stuart Gray made him a great play Carlos has ruin him like every other good player we had.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, vulva said:

Is one of the biggest months in this clubs history. Huge. We've got to get the recruitment bang on, and bravery is required. Somehow ship out 7 or 8, and bring in 2 or 3. Some pace and hunger from the Premier League under 23's. Someone with attitude. 

This squad is desperate for fresh faces. They look like a team playing against Johnny Quinn's Allstars. All smiles, back slaps. And I wish Keiron Lee would stop picking their players up after a foul. 'Kin leave them where they are FFS. 

We need a Joey Barton type in the middle. Someone not afraid to upset his own teammates. I said 3 months ago it was all far too comfortable. Everything is 'nice'. Hooper at the end when interviewed didn't have a hair out of place. He could play again later. 

January is shiite or bust. wee wee tail this one up, and we could be in this league for the next 5 years at least. 

The greatest fear is that our two most saleable assets may well go. BB and FF and who can blame them.

25 minutes ago, vulva said:

i dont think we need new players. we just need some new ideas and a new lease of life. that starts with a new manager

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
1 minute ago, billyblack said:

i dont think we need new players. we just need some new ideas and a new lease of life. that starts with a new manager

100% agree. 

Just now, CLswfc said:

The greatest fear is that our two most saleable assets may well go. BB and FF and who can blame them.

We may have to just in order to bring others in though.

This'll make our activities in January even more risky should we get it wrong in the transfer market yet again.

2 minutes ago, billyblack said:

We definitely do need a new coach, but I'm sure whoever this will be he'll want to have some more pace in the squad.

32 minutes ago, vulva said:

Without a change in manager ,nothing will change no matter who we sign in Jan .

Loans or youth for me. Don't want to buy anyone. Trim the fat. Get rid of 5-6 and stick to the 'two good players for every position' idea. Not two players for every ROLE, which gives us a squad of 30-odd. Build a team around Bannan and Hooper by all means but make it coherent. Ditch the 442 if our consistently best players don't suit it. Build something that plays to our strengths using the many, many pieces we already have. Put a few genuinely hungry players in among the big names.

Edited by Mr. Tom