Bannan

Guest Jack the Hat
19 hours ago, WayneTheOwl said:

If Bannan had a holding beast at the side of him, seriously, he would be even better. He's having to do work that we don't really want him to be doing.

Agreed. There were times last night when he looked like the only man on the pitch. He should have got the man of the match. Superb performance alongside some woeful efforts. Lees looven and especially hunt were beyond terrible. Amazed we only let the 2 in. Bannan though what a man!

BB has been our best player all season but beginning to look disheartened. Must be fed up surrounded by cart horses like Lees n Loovens. Hunt has lost form. Lee is off pace, Rhodes & Fletch shocking, Westwood hoofing the ball to nobody - why can’t we play the ball from the back anymore? Wallace dreadful, Butterfield & Hooper trying...blah blah blah ...... What has happened to this team. COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!!garymegson

Bannon has been the player of the season so far. After a average season last year. Not knocking his passing or his energy but he does sum up our issues. Lots of good passing never stops running but only 2 assists and no goals in the championship so far.  Still he’s our best player.

1 minute ago, Pale Rider said:

Bannon has been the player of the season so far. After a average season last year. Not knocking his passing or his energy but he does sum up our issues. Lots of good passing never stops running but only 2 assists and no goals in the championship so far.  Still he’s our best player.

Count how many times Bannan played the pass to the player who got the assist. 

1 hour ago, Owl Be Back said:

I do worry that he'll be gone in the January transfer window. I wouldn't blame him asking for a transfer and then a decent Championship side wanting him, never mind a Prem one.

We wouldn't sell him on the cheap or to a rival and the way he plays he has to dictate the tempo of a team. so not many Prem teams going to say, go on be our main man.

Guest RocketOwl
21 hours ago, edwinowl said:

I know he was peed off with the fans on Saturday but in an awful team performance I thought he was head and shoulders above. We may struggle to keep him come January. 

He's premier league class Bannan. Brilliant little player.

2 minutes ago, Ronio said:

I love seeing Baz make those one two's whilst gliding past their players with ease.

Double whammy collectors item.

Bannan being congratulated for a goal by some bloke called Matias, Mateus, Mathiso...

25 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

We wouldn't sell him on the cheap or to a rival and the way he plays he has to dictate the tempo of a team. so not many Prem teams going to say, go on be our main man.

Plenty of prem teams play like he does already, he'd fit into their style of play, no need to dictate it.

One of very few to emerge from this season (so far) with any real credit. 

Has great quality and his work rate is outstanding tbh. A few of his teammates could learn several things from him atm. 

As for the sideways passing...well, I think that's partly to do with the system and also the lack of options for him to pass to in an attacking sense. What's the point of even trying to give it to Rhodes when in all likelihood it'll be given away or Jordan will fall over? 

Note how we look like a proper attacking side when Bannan starts driving forward. Few others are seemingly willing to do this. 

Bannan's been excellent this season. POTY so far without question. 

I've criticised him in the past for "disappearing" in games when things get tough, but there's been none of that this season. Been impressed with how he's stepped up and tried to drive us on. 

Wasted at the moment. Surrounded by players that aren't on his level. 

5 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

I've criticised him in the past for "disappearing" in games when things get tough, but there's been none of that this season. Been impressed with how he's stepped up and tried to drive us on. 

hes defiately got the bit between his teeth at present, pity others are not of the same mindset, could be he is putting himself in the shop window?

11 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Another myth .  He has never disappeared  , if anything he tries to hard to make up for other players shortcomings  .

13 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

I remember last season when a vast majority were complaining about Bannan. 

Now he's the best midfielder in the country and Premier league class. Let's be truthful, he's a pretty good championship playmaker nothing more. If he was £15 million cm he'd be playing in the premier. He does have a good touch and decent passing range, so why is he still here??, why haven't the big bids come in??. I'm not usually one to knock our players but my observation is simple. He can't shoot, normally hits some poor schmuck eating his pie in row Z. He's very small and lightweight and not good enough defending. You can also argue that since everyone can admit he dictates our play, so he's partly to blame for our slow build up, he has to drop deep when we're being pressurised just like against United when they pressed us and cost us as he needs time on the ball and dwells on it . Hell never play as a cm in a Premier league side unless it's for us as he's not well rounded enough, villa played him wide?, palace did the same before letting him go?? Dosent that say it all. No power or pace, too lightweight in the air or on the ground and can't shoot,  all prime requirements for a Premier league cm. 

He's fantastic for us given space and time and if we play on the front foot with runners bombing past him to look up and feed, but when expected to sit in defend and break quickly he just becomes a bit of a liability. We keep saying we need to play to Rhodes strengths, maybe we also need to go back to playing to bazzas, 

About spot on summary of Bannan imo. He needs a strong physical player along side of him.

4 minutes ago, Whatahoot said:

About spot on summary of Bannan imo. He needs a strong physical player along side of him.

Exactly and players with a forward thinking mentality to break beyond Bannan and join the attack giving him option / platform to play forward thinking passes. That's why he needs to play in a 3 to be effective especially when Jones is in the middle with him as invariably we end up with both our cm players stood alongside our back four, so we only go sideways and backwards.