Sheffield Wednesday VS Ipswich: First 30 minutes

3 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Yeah let’s blame the international break.

I know you seem to take offence at any mention of the international break (which is wierd btw). But we look a completely different side than we did before it.

It could work in our favour if we had been playing badly/had injuries and has in the past but it clearly hasn’t this time. We seem very fragile confidence wise going forward.

11 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

I know you seem to take offence at any mention of the international break (which is wierd btw). But we look a completely different side than we did before it.

It could work in our favour if we had been playing badly/had injuries and has in the past but it clearly hasn’t this time. We seem very fragile confidence wise going forward.

Ah taking offence...

lol

The fact is that all teams have it and its not just us. It hasn't stopped other teams winning so for us to anyway blame it is pathetic.

It can't be used as an excuse.

7 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Ah taking offence...

lol

The fact is that all teams have it and its not just us. It hasn't stopped other teams winning so for us to anyway blame it is pathetic.

Due to the fact other teams work hard during the international break, Wednesday don't, nice week off then a steady second week, easy easy ride under Carlos, a joke pre season and no continued fitness work throughout the season 

5 minutes ago, Owl999 said:

Due to the fact other teams work hard during the international break, Wednesday don't, nice week off then a steady second week, easy easy ride under Carlos, a joke pre season and no continued fitness work throughout the season 

It's true we don't seem.to 'run about' as much as other teams. Bristol City ran their blood to watter.

Baz Reach and maybe Hunt are the only ones who seem to put the yards in.

Edited by Warnocchio

56 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Ah taking offence...

lol

Seeing as you pipe up every time it’s mentioned it’s funny that. I don’t think I’ve ever said it’s the sole reason for our problems but they have affected us this season.

Its not an excuse, it’s a fact. We were playing better before the break and have seemingly lost momentum after it. Just as we had Hooper scoring freely before the previous one only for him not to afterwards. If you’re playing well, you don’t want to stop playing. 

Conversely, Bolton had an upturn in form after one of the breaks earlier in the season having time to regroup probably helped them.

Id say that the sides who haven’t let it effect them are better sides than us in terms of maintaining consistency.

Edited by Bluesteel

20 minutes riding out the Ipswich offensive, then the next 15-20 gradually getting our passing game established and "lowering" the pace of the game... which sucks that we rely on doing. But apart from possession in our own half and watching a meaningless tiki taka between our back 6 that just wouldn't prod up the pitch...

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

Seeing as you pipe up every time it’s mentioned it’s funny that. I don’t think I’ve ever said it’s the sole reason for our problems but they have affected us this season.

Its not an excuse, it’s a fact. We were playing better before the break and have seemingly lost momentum after it. Just as we had Hooper scoring freely before the previous one only for him not to afterwards. If you’re playing well, you don’t want to stop playing. 

Conversely, Bolton had an upturn in form after one of the breaks earlier in the season having time to regroup probably helped them.

Id say that the sides who haven’t let it effect them are better sides than us in terms of maintaining consistency.

You constantly use it as an excuse though.