Ipswich Town - V - Sheffield Wednesday OMDT

The first half was embarrassingly bad but at least the second half resembled something like a football match. Apart from Westwood, Bannan and Hooper we looked totally bereft of ideas,energy and enthusiasm.

How on earth Loovens didn't get sent off with his attempt at giving that poor lad a vasectomy I'll never know. Wallace is dog bobbar, WTF was wrong with Hunt and Lee tonight, did they have a bet who could get sent off quickest. Anyone else find that thumbs up that Rhodes keeps giving utterly annoying.....cos I feckin well do. Mr C might as well write that 8 million off because Jordan Rhodes (nice lad that he may be) the millionaire has lost his bottle and desire.

CC can't take these players any further.

Guest Copthorneowl
5 minutes ago, Hawkowl said:

I assume you mean at tonights game.

If so where did you watch it .

Because I don't believe you saw any of it.

:ph34r:

FFS.

I Watched the game probably same place as you which bit did you disagree with because whichever it was I'll no doubt be able to return the compliment ......poor game, players not playing where they should two central defenders that can't play north of our goal etc. Etc. Oh and well done Carlos for sticking every striker we've got on the pitch.

Oh and Bananan best player, Reach great cross for goal just let me know what you saw Mr Supercoach oh and by the way Fox crap again and Rhodes as well any more you want to debate.

6 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

I Watched the game probably same place as you which bit did you disagree with because whichever it was I'll no doubt be able to return the compliment ......poor game, players not playing where they should two central defenders that can't play north of our goal etc. Etc. Oh and well done Carlos for sticking every striker we've got on the pitch.

Oh and Bananan best player, Reach great cross for goal just let me know what you saw Mr Supercoach oh and by the way Fox crap again and Rhodes as well any more you want to debate.

Portman Road?

You stated the defence played well.

The centre halves were awful particularly Tom Lees who had a mare.

FFS.

Edited by Hawkowl

Guest Copthorneowl
Just now, Hawkowl said:

Portman Road?

You stated the defence played well.

The centre halves were awful particularly Tom Lees who had a mare.

That I'll agree with ...to a degree ...but for the record I've been stating this particular fact for several weeks not just today check my posts you'll see I've advocated Van Acken time and time again and been negged for it. Loovens shouldn't be near the team sadly Lees can't seem to function without him but he should have to.

Pudil should replace Fox all day long Hunt is a half decent defender together with Lees if we can get a ball playing CD alongside him.

23 minutes ago, Portugal Owl said:

Couldn't watch the game on I-Follow and don't have Sky so I followed it on Owlstalk. What a depressing experience that was. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.  But to be unhappy because we didn't lose because you hate the manager is madness. I neither love nor hate Carlos. I won't weep or cheer if he goes or stays. I support Wednesday not a manager or a Chairman. Quite a few of them have upset me in my 40 plus years of watching the Owls. But I have never wanted the team to lose because I was upset and I never will.  

you missed a good game mate ......

1 minute ago, Copthorneowl said:

That I'll agree with ...to a degree ...but for the record I've been stating this particular fact for several weeks not just today check my posts you'll see I've advocated Van Acken time and time again and been negged for it. Loovens shouldn't be near the team sadly Lees can't seem to function without him but he should have to.

Pudil should replace Fox all day long Hunt is a half decent defender together with Lees if we can get a ball playing CD alongside him.

Ok so we are almost on the same wavelength ...to a degree.

But I feel we should give Loovens a game or part game or two with Venancio.

He is supposedly Lees back up.

But if Lees gets injured or loses form:ph34r: he will really be thrown in at the deep end and we will struggle.

Unfortunately he doesn't make the match day squad and those games when we are a couple of goals up so we can give him 10/15 minutes don't seem to happen.

But I am convinced we need to take a chance with him as we did Van Aken.

FFS.

Guest Copthorneowl
1 minute ago, Hawkowl said:

Ok so we are almost on the same wavelength ...to a degree.

But I feel we should give Loovens a game or part game or two with Venancio.

He is supposedly Lees back up.

But if Lees gets injured or loses form:ph34r: he will really be thrown in at the deep end and we will struggle.

Unfortunately he doesn't make the match day squad and those games when we are a couple of goals up so we can give him 10/15 minutes don't seem to happen.

But I am convinced we need to take a chance with him as we did Van Aken.

FFS.

Sorry mate but we can't get on that page if Loovens plays he's the No.1 weak link imo Lees needs a new partner VA I believe but it's all opinions as they say.

Loovens was lucky to stay on the pitch and in my view he is so far behind the pace he's always going to be late in tackles Imo.

1 minute ago, Copthorneowl said:

Sorry mate but we can't get on that page if Loovens plays he's the No.1 weak link imo Lees needs a new partner VA I believe but it's all opinions as they say.

Loovens was lucky to stay on the pitch and in my view he is so far behind the pace he's always going to be late in tackles Imo.

Ok we will agree to disagree.

Lees as made too many mistakes this season.

His form however bad it is has improved when partnered with Loovens.

Though tonight he was probably the worse player on the pitch.

Van Aken also looks very fragile at times.

FFS.

2 hours ago, 33 said:

If Nuhiu scores we're on the pitch

Brilliant! I really laughed at this. Could have been like 1980. Do you remember the Ipswich Riot dad? Yeah big Atdhe scored and all reason was abandoned.

Manager walked out. Owner sold up. Notorious Pristina Screech Owls fanclub was formed. Wednesday never looked back.

• Haha 1

Well that wasn't good (the last game I saw was Villa, which was same players and formation, I think? Ipswich were very good at stopping our game). Take the point, in the circumstances. Big Dave for MoM, obvs.

Edited by WC1Owl

20 hours ago, steelowl said:

tbf Nuhiu  yet again turns a game as he's done for years 

the support he gets on here is pathetic

as for not scoring when does he get a game ffs 

I respect Dave and he has dug us out of a hole on occasions, but, we surely have moved on as a team haven't we ? With all the unused tallent at the club (including Winnall ? and young Hirsty) we should be looking for better to come on. Seemed a bit of a desperation move from Carlos. Fair play it worked but if that's what it's come to we've wasted alot of money and things look bleak.

29 minutes ago, doubleo said:

I respect Dave and he has dug us out of a hole on occasions, but, we surely have moved on as a team haven't we ? With all the unused tallent at the club (including Winnall ? and young Hirsty) we should be looking for better to come on. Seemed a bit of a desperation move from Carlos. Fair play it worked but if that's what it's come to we've wasted alot of money and things look bleak.

non of them would have scored a header like that

2 hours ago, debram said:

non of them would have scored a header like that

I accept that. Rhodes should have had one early in the game. But if we're saying Dave's going to score more than Rhodes then we've waisted alot of money - that's my point, and Dave should be ahead of him in the pecking order with say a young Hirsty on the bench.  I just feel if we are serious about promotion we should be looking at better quality than Dave.