Ipswich Town - V - Sheffield Wednesday OMDT

ITFC - MM Press Conference

...worth a watch. MM talks a lot of sense and there is obviously a real respect and friendship between him and CC. Tough game tonight because it's pretty obvious both managers have done their homework. Happy with a draw. 

All those who knock CC could do well to listen to Mr McCarthy because I think they are pretty similar characters when it comes to what they want from the game and how they see the Championship.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

A night game at Dingle Mick's gaff isn't what I like.

We won there last season when our form was great and they had nothing to play for. I can't see a repeat tonight. We will go into the game in a defensive and negative manner hoping to hold out for as long as we can. Unfortunately, I see Mick's team of sloggers breaking us down after a while.  We will pose a typical Wednesday esque late rally and finally decide to attack in the last ten minutes when it is too late, rather than attacking early on to try and win the game.

Carlos will come out and say we were unlucky but are in good shape.

Ipswich 2 v 1 Wednesday 

Them (59)

Them (71)

Us (83)

Dont like your assumption of the game But think you may be right

With them packing the midfield and having a couple of fast players out wide 

(faster than ours ). CC will have to watch the Ref and Linesman carefully to have his excuses ready.  Can only see a loss tonight, maybe we could play Matias or change our formation, Hooper in the hole with Joha and Fletch up top.

Clutching at straws I know. 

But something has to done when we keep getting overun in the middle of the park. And that's exactly what's going to happen tonight. 

2 hours ago, Freshfish said:

ITFC - MM Press Conference

...worth a watch. MM talks a lot of sense and there is obviously a real respect and friendship between him and CC. Tough game tonight because it's pretty obvious both managers have done their homework. Happy with a draw. 

All those who knock CC could do well to listen to Mr McCarthy because I think they are pretty similar characters when it comes to what they want from the game and how they see the Championship.

Enjoyed that. Good sense and humour. I liked the bit about the Italian manager's view of 20 years in the Championship manager.

Westwood 

Hunt Lees Loovens Pudil

Reach Lee Butter Bannan

Hooper Joao

please Carlos. 

Reach floating in off the right. Joao to give us an actual outlet over the top and in the channels for a change. 

Tough game. Like many other teams in the championship, Ipswich are pretty physical, full of running and direct. We generally struggle in games like this, but hopefully we'll be fired after the borefest on Saturday.

Quality omdt as per, your grace. I quite like Mick the Dingle from t' Tarn. Far more amiable than some of the shysters who manage clubs. Colin, take note.

This thread finds me in the grip of a violent stomach bug. Luckily, I can sit on our khazi & my head can reach the sink bowl. Glad of some mirth from the omdt coupled with the adventures of Fulham! :biggrin: Losing fluids at an alarming rate, but it's better than working. I think.

Anyway, to matters spheroidal.

Difficult to predict anything where our CC is concerned. Probabobly, only the team name is guaranteed.

I couldn't care less if it's worse than Satdy & we win 1-0. Like at Wigan last year.

UTO.

8 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

We won there last season when our form was great and they had nothing to play for.

That's a good point, and it was the same at QPR who we also struggled to put away.  Throw in a win against a very poor Rotherham team as well and that's three of our six match wining streak at the end of last season.  It also adds a bit of context to those who thought we had hit upon some sort of magic winning formula.