The apparent "booing".

Weren't going to make a thread on this as it's been mentioned a fair bit over the last day or so, but it is a complete joke.

Barring Preston away, the fans have been hugely supportive of the players, but there's only so much we can do. The drab performances away from home (Bolton, Birmingham and you can probably throw Derby in there), the fans could be a lot lot worse than they are now.

You could probably hear a pin drop on Saturday for most of the game. That isn't the fans fault, it's the dogshit football they've been serving up for the majority of the season to date. There wasn't any booing, it's groans. There's so much potential in that team completely wasted, no one wants to see us going 10 yards forward then pass 20 yards back every time we get the ball.

Play like Villa away at home and the atmosphere will sort itself, but while were playing non-attacking dull football at home, nothing will change.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Didn’t hear any boos on Saturday apart from a few at the final whistle. 

The crowd on Saturday was just flat as pancake as if the crowd have almost admitted that the football is going to be boring so what’s the point. 

Where I sit/stand most people were just chatting amongst mates and not even watching the match.

The most entertaining thing was an arguement that lasted the whole of half time between fans who were annoyed at the negative football and the fans who dont like people criticising the club in any form.

Forgot to add the biggest noise made was when Lee bottled a challenge resulting in them having a one on one with Westwood. Everyone around me went batshit mental.

Edited by northeastowl

A few groans and they start getting the face on, drives me insane!

No shots on target and people paying stupid amounts to watch it, what do they really expect? A fanfare at the end?

The crowd makes not one bit of difference anyway - easy excuse in my book.

They never say anything when the crowd back them to the hilt and they don't perform - countless matches come under this bracket and of course the play off final.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

The crowd on Saturday was just flat as pancake as if the crowd have almost admitted that the football is going to be boring so what’s the point. 

Where I sit/stand most people were just chatting amongst mates and not even watching the match.

The most entertaining thing was an arguement that lasted the whole of half time between fans who were annoyed at the negative football and the fans who dont like people criticising the club in any form.

Love those arguments can’t help but laugh/ get my wooden spoon out . Sometimes you would think people were slagging folks kids off the way they react 

@Kanye West yes I'm surprised to be seeing so much about this booing.

I not in the best place to judge how bad localised booing is, as the South Stand is hardly a hotbed of passion, but on Saturday I heard one widespread howl of disapproval, when Joao got into a half-decent attacking position, but turned round and passed back to someone, Butters?

Apart from that I thought the crowd were flat as a fart but respectful.

For Bannan, Wallace and Carlos to kick off about it I guess it must be worse than I see it.

Absolutely shocking support when things aren't going how people demand or what they expect. A bit of success like getting to Wembley and everyone is quick to pat themselves on the back 'oh weren't we fantastic, took 40,000 and never stopped singing'

Miserable f*ckers, if you can't support then don't f*ckin come, you'll not be missed 

19 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

@Kanye West yes I'm surprised to be seeing so much about this booing.

I not in the best place to judge how bad localised booing is, as the South Stand is hardly a hotbed of passion, but on Saturday I heard one widespread howl of disapproval, when Joao got into a half-decent attacking position, but turned round and passed back to someone, Butters?

Apart from that I thought the crowd were flat as a fart but respectful.

For Bannan, Wallace and Carlos to kick off about it I guess it must be worse than I see it.

Every match, EVERY SINGLE MATCH, we start off with a good expectant atmosphere, the players have a 10 minute period to crank up the atmosphere - most of the time the first 10 minutes are dire!

Saturday was slower than slow

A little bit of positive play gets our crowd up for it again - on saturday we got a corner in the last few minutes and not many clubs would get the roar it was greeted with.

At the end, there was discontent after a turgid match - if they want more than that then they are in dreamland!

Having a go at our crowd  - there is only one winner!!

12 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Absolutely shocking support when things aren't going how people demand or what they expect. A bit of success like getting to Wembley and everyone is quick to pat themselves on the back 'oh weren't we fantastic, took 40,000 and never stopped singing'

Miserable f*ckers, if you can't support then don't f*ckin come, you'll not be missed 

Exactly what I was talking about with the arguement at half time. 

Football now for me is not the game I fell in love with going too. It was all about the atmosphere, win lose or draw you had a good time out at the match. You sang pretty much the whole way through and even if the game was poo you generally got 22 players giving it all for the cause of the club. 

For me I go to football for the atmosphere and the feeling of being in a large crowd roaring your team on. If I just wanted to watch the football then I would stay at home and watch it on tv and get the best view possible. I drive 180 mike round trip to each game on my own and this season I’m wondering why on Earth I’m doing it and have to force myself most of the time, I’ve even not bothered going 3 times this season because of how boring it is. People will say I’m not supporting the team by doing this but I’ve still bought my season ticket so the club have my money no matter what. 

I have started going to Germany twice a season to take in matches over there because it is just that much better. No team plays defensive football, the atmosphere is amazing, you can have a pint while watching etc. It gives me that feeling that I used to get watching on the kop 20 years ago or going to away games stood on terraces with like minded people.

Now all I get when I go to Hillsborough is 85 minutes of silence and fans arguing with each other about who’s support is better, the ones who sit there in silence and won’t have a bad word said about the players or the ones who chant when something good happens but then give the players grief when they are not putting the effort in. 

As I said in a thread I started after the game Saturday, I can take us playing poo but I can’t put up with players bottling challenge after challenge. It cost me a hell of a lot of money to watch Wednesday through tickets and petrol but I don’t care about that because I do it because I love the club. But if the players arent putting in the required then fans have the choice to either voice their opinion or not bother going. 

If if there was something we could do about the atmosphere then it would help us no end and even if not we would enjoy our day out more. Unfortunately there are too many people that just aren’t interested and want to sit their in silence and attack people when they stand up or say something they don’t agree with. 

Its just not a pleasurable experience going to Hillsborough at the moment and I don’t think it will improve any time soon.

Sorry for rambling it’s just something I feel very strongly about. The sport I fell in love with is dying if not dead already.

1 hour ago, northeastowl said:

This!!!

I was sat there bored sh*tless, a few around me were chatting away, there were plenty messing around on their Iphones but not any booing.

You expect the odd groan when you get the ball up to the edge of the opposition area and then 5 passes later it's back with Westwood, that's just natural but like you say it's almost like the fans have resigned themselves to the fact that it's going to be a flat, boring performance and just accept that now. That's very disappointing when you have the likes of Hooper, Rhodes, Bannan, Wallace, Joao, Fletcher and Reach on the pitch.

As for the booing at the end, I can't really comment on that as by the time the 4th official held up his board for added time, I'd had enough, I was bored, cold and fed up so left 3/4 minutes early. I actually think it sends a louder message to the players if when the final whistle goes there aren't many fans left in the stadium. What I would say about the booing however is if fans are paying such high prices to watch a match, they are entitled to voice their opinion AFTER the full-time whistle, nothing wrong with that.

Footballers are very happy to take all the praise when things are going well, they need to also be able to take criticism when things aren't going so well. As for the players who've apparently had a moan about the fans reaction at the end of the match, I'm sure they'll have long forgotten about the booing come pay day.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

It's an Apologist and Carlos smokescreen, designed to deflect attention away from failure and underachievement.

Not a very good one.

This !!! Deflection at its best... like

forestieri, Abdi and Hutchinson stories that have appeared before just as Carlos is under scrutiny!!!

3 hours ago, Ash76 said:

If I want to boo, I'll boo. (I didn't on Saturday btw) You're quick to neg if anyone says anything against the club.

Have one back on me.

Edited by marconi

Would never criticise anyone for booing, especially at the end of a game when its all over.

I didnt boo at the end on saturday - simply because it felt like the final whistle sort of ended the misery, and I was pub bound.

Only way Id have booed furiously was if the ref had added on 15 mins injury time lol

Booing is a reflection of just how MANY games this season have delivered a poor spectacle. Fans don't boo because of just one or two poor performances, a lot of fans are disengaging and frustrated at what they are watching. They are entitled to vent those frustrations after a game and it is naive to expect fans to reign it in, whilstever they are paying/paid  high prices to watch uninspiring, unadventurous football. Does the fact that we are only a couple of points off of the play off places make any difference ? To me NO. I chose to buy a season ticket and travel 150 miles per home game on the understanding that I would be watching attractive and attack minded, fast flowing football. Before anyone starts jumping I have never booed the team at any time in my life, I just say they are entitled to boo. Its up to the coach and team to ensure it does not happen, not the fans.