Sheffield Wednesday manager appeals to fans

Carlos SWFC.jpeg

Head coach Carlos Carvalhal has urged Wednesday’s fans to keep the faith with his inconsistent team.

Some supporters booed the Owls off after Saturday’s frustrating Hillsborough draw with fourth-placed Bristol City. Although the result extended Wednesday’s unbeaten streak to four matches, the side failed to register a single shot on target.

Yet again Carvalhal was left fuming over refereeing decisions as the Owls had two strong penalty claims waved away. But the Portuguese head coach has warned Wednesday will struggle to be successful this season if the club is divided.

For our Owls news and opinion on twitter follow here Carvalhal, who is preparing to take his Owls side to Ipswich Town tomorrow night, told The Star: “It is important we stay together. This is the most important thing to me. If we are together, we are more strong. We all want the same thing.

The fans want to win. We want to win. The chairman wants to win.” 

He added: “We are fighting and we are resilient. We were 16th but at this moment we are in 10th, two points from the top six. We are not far away from the first positions.”

Carvalhal, who claims he is “tired” of criticising refereeing performances, recognises Wednesday must give the fans more to shout about.

But he is appealing to the supporters, who he has described as “really special” to stick with the players through the good and bad times. He said: “My players need support. They need good feelings.

They need a warm environment to go again if they make a mistake. We need a good environment to play good football. If you don’t have a positive environment, it sometimes makes things more difficult.”

Read more at: http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-owls-fans-asked-to-keep-the-faith-1-8867984

Owlstalk Shop

It’s your job to give us something to shout about.

im sick of reading the spin and jargon that comes out from the club

just do the job your paid to do and all fans will be behind the team, it really isn’t that difficult.

The fans will always support the coach  and the team when they see the attractive attacking style of play we were promised.

The style of play Carlos was appointed to bring to the club.

Appealing to fans without providing more in the way of entertainment will fall flat I'm afraid.

Just get it right on the pitch. 

Stop putting in half-arsed, timid performances at home and the 'special' fans will fully back the team.

Fannying around for 60/70mins of the game then realising you've got 10mins at the end to salvage something is just going to stress everyone out.

We are a mid table side on points and a bottom 6 side in terms of entertainment.

Stating the obvious that we all want to win, but Carlos is the man responsible for team selection and tactics.

It doesn’t take a lot to get the majority of the crowd behind the team.We want to see our home sides up for every challenge from kick off to full time.

You are the man that creates negativity.

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Carlos SWFC.jpeg

Head coach Carlos Carvalhal has urged Wednesday’s fans to keep the faith with his inconsistent team.

Some supporters booed the Owls off after Saturday’s frustrating Hillsborough draw with fourth-placed Bristol City. Although the result extended Wednesday’s unbeaten streak to four matches, the side failed to register a single shot on target.

Yet again Carvalhal was left fuming over refereeing decisions as the Owls had two strong penalty claims waved away. But the Portuguese head coach has warned Wednesday will struggle to be successful this season if the club is divided.

For our Owls news and opinion on twitter follow here Carvalhal, who is preparing to take his Owls side to Ipswich Town tomorrow night, told The Star: “It is important we stay together. This is the most important thing to me. If we are together, we are more strong. We all want the same thing.

The fans want to win. We want to win. The chairman wants to win.” 

He added: “We are fighting and we are resilient. We were 16th but at this moment we are in 10th, two points from the top six. We are not far away from the first positions.”

Carvalhal, who claims he is “tired” of criticising refereeing performances, recognises Wednesday must give the fans more to shout about.

But he is appealing to the supporters, who he has described as “really special” to stick with the players through the good and bad times. He said: “My players need support. They need good feelings.

They need a warm environment to go again if they make a mistake. We need a good environment to play good football. If you don’t have a positive environment, it sometimes makes things more difficult.”

Read more at: http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-owls-fans-asked-to-keep-the-faith-1-8867984

No Carlos, we really aren’t.

1 hour ago, Bulgaria said:

The only thing that appeals to me about Carlos at the mo is his coat.

I know, i like his coat too, whatever we say about the guy he has style and i'm pretty sure his shoes aint from Asda or Primark...:laugh:

Edited by steveger

Starting to get sick of the coach and the players questioning the fans. Seems to have been a regular thing this season. One thing that seriously should not be questions is the fans commitment and backing to the club. These types of comments will eventually alienate the fans.

• Like 1