50th Clean Sheet!

10 hours ago, SiJ said:

He’s been a phenomenal keeper for us. 

A freebie from Sunderland? 

Just wish the team in front of him could match the level of intensity. 

Another reason for Sunderland fans to rejoice.

Ah well, at least they're overrun with quality between the sticks now, eh.

:baby:

16 hours ago, richowl said:

50 clean sheets in 133 games.

impressive.

It is impressive 

But it's a team game, so we have to say the whole team usually defends well.

The moaners on here are probably too young to remember our defences under Wilson, Turner Jewell, Yorath, Irvine etc.   Sponge and sieve come to mind.  

16 hours ago, steveger said:

Our strikers did pretty okay with clean sheets at the weekend as well ...

Do you actually attend any games?   City had probably the best defence I've seen in the last year or so.  

Even so, they nearly headed us an own goal and should have conceded two penalties which any other ref would have spotted.  

2 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

Do you actually attend any games?   City had probably the best defence I've seen in the last year or so.  

Even so, they nearly headed us an own goal and should have conceded two penalties which any other ref would have spotted.  

Aint been to ANY games this season, only planning to go to Barnsley away for the fantastic atmosphere, i could go to Mexborough Library to get a better atmosphere than at Hillsborough at the moment, last game I went to was when we played Rangers and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience, again! I have lost my passion for going to Hillsborough as it's changed and it doesn't give me that "buzz" any more.

My jest about the strikers "clean sheet" was banter but c'mon mate we do seem to have forward players who would be scoring "sh*tloads" if they was at other clubs, on paper we have an excellent attacking minded squad. I wonder what's holding them back, and i'm pretty sure 91 other teams get bad refereeing decisions as well or is it time we all got the tinfoil out.....? 

Well done to our excellent fans who do attend games, you Masochists WTF:

Hope that helps  :biggrin:

Edited by steveger