Short sighted ........

Guest mrbluesky
14 hours ago, casbahowl said:

Chairman bashers ......... just remember where we've been for the last 20 years ........ from the fiasco that was the Charterhouse debacle and the abandonment  of Di Canio for international gains to the suing of our own fans ......... miracles have been worked in 2 short years !

Can’t read this as I haven’t got my glasses .

11 hours ago, Emilianenko said:

I love he fact that cos we are rubbish now having spent more than in the last 20 years and are charging top dollar, its ok cos we were rubbish before.

I don't get this having spent more in the last 20 years and charging top dollar rounduns ......

Over the last 2 seasons every single club in the championship have spent more than in the last 20 years with NINE spending more than us ....... all we are doing is what we've always ever wanted to do , compete ...... it costs !

As for charging top dollar , I have a great deal of sympathy for pay on the day fans but on the flip side my 3 year ST on the North Stand is excellent value at just over £20 per game and I refuse to beat myself up for being lucky enough to have one !

• Like 1

Nobody disputes that from an investment point of view DC has done very well.

But his decision to keep Carlos is what is turning many fans against him.

Gray got the old heave-ho when he didn't deserve it, yet Carlos stays when he should have got his marching orders 6 months ago.

The longer this situation continues the more it looks like pride/stubbornness on Chansiri's part, and I'm not funding that.

He made a mistake in the summer and he needs to acknowledge that and act on it before this season ends in disaster, with us in mid-table and the Blades in the PL.

22 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

I don't get this having spent more in the last 20 years and charging top dollar rounduns ......

Over the last 2 seasons every single club in the championship have spent more than in the last 20 years with NINE spending more than us ....... all we are doing is what we've always ever wanted to do , compete ...... it costs !

As for charging top dollar , I have a great deal of sympathy for pay on the day fans but on the flip side my 3 year ST on the North Stand is excellent value at just over £20 per game and I refuse to beat myself up for being lucky enough to have one !

So you are okay with us still being rubbish and boring to watch and yet still the most expensive in this league?

26 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

We are ranked 7th in the spending stakes, with Fulham and Wolves the only non-parachute teams with more expensive squads than us.

By contrast, United are ranked 23rd with a squad costing a grand total of £12 million ... less than the cost of Rhodes and Reach combined.

Only Millwall have a cheaper squad than United, yet tomorrow night we could easily sit 15 points behind them in the table.

In this city it's a tale of two managers - one is doing his job very well, and the less said about the other the better.

Guest mrbluesky
32 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Yep it was worth every penny Saturday lol

35 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

We are ranked 7th in the spending stakes, with Fulham and Wolves the only non-parachute teams with more expensive squads than us.

By contrast, United are ranked 23rd with a squad costing a grand total of £12 million ... less than the cost of Rhodes and Reach combined.

Only Millwall have a cheaper squad than United, yet tomorrow night we could easily sit 15 points behind them in the table.

In this city it's a tale of two managers - one is doing his job very well, and the less said about the other the better.

So you're saying we're overachieving but your not happy as the Blunts are overachieving more than us?

Might be a flash in the pan for them. It happens. It's the exception not the rule but it happens.

• Haha 1

Guest mrbluesky
3 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

It was worth double at Villa !

You have a season ticket at Villa as well? Lucky you, do you have one for Burton,Bolton,Birmingham etc...?

Oh not forgetting Sheff U now there was real value for your money 6 goals!

lol 

Since we left the premier league have we has such an abundance of quality at our disposal. Or do we have a massively over rated team? 

Bannan aside who turns up week after week? 

Hooper, Fletcher, Lee, Lee's, loovens, Westwood, hunt, reach, Wallace, Rhodes, joao, 

Are all in poor form this season. 

We've spent millions on the wrong players. 

They have no flair, no passion, no guile 

Take Wallace for example... you didn't mind he wasn't fast, you didn't mind he couldn't take a man on. As when he put the ball in his delivery was sublime. Now that's not the case he's very average. 

Mattias cost 2.5 million pounds that's a decent chunk of our average season ticket income. 

Where is he? Playing with the kids. 

Abdi- same but 4 million pounds. 

Joao - if nando wasn't injured he would be playing with kids. 1.5 million pounds. 

Off top of my head that's 8 million pounds worth of 'talent' sat rotting in the u21. 

Are we right to be aggrieved? Damn right we are. 

Not app signings will work thats football but for the vast majority to be poor after spending more in the last 3 seasons than weve spent in thr last 15 is poor management. 

That sits with the chairman. 

They've got recruitment hopelessly wrong and that is whats killing us. 

When you look at how Leeds play with that attaching pacey front 3. If they had signed Rhodes he would be in double figures by now. 

Get any manager you want in. Without pace, flair and aggressiveness they'll struggle

As i said before I reckon Mr C is a good man but he just needs to recognise he needs that bit of help from footballing people at the top level, let's not forget the trauma and turmoil this once proud football club has been through in the not so distant past, it's not that long since good men such as Lee Strafford and Howard Wilkinson started to fight back and start the process of ridding our club of the old watch who nearly ran us into the ground, decent men such as Milan who let's not kid ourselves he may have saved us but he saw us as an investment to makes some profit, fair play to him, it's what he does, but we stagnated under him too, the pitch was like Blackpool beach and needed the hard cash spending on overhauling the whole pitch system that we got under Mr C......

But all that aside we need to move on and look to the future, what we may achieve under Mr C when he eventually accepts some things, don't get me wrong I'm wary still  due to the extremely high prices for "everything" around our club, i still reckon he will see sense and come good with some help..  but he needs to get rid of CC sadly before he looses a lot of fans and money

As for wanting him out and the little gangs with agendas who are never happy with whoever runs our club, probably due to their noses being pushed out and not welcome to sit at court with the club (don't mean exclusively posters on here).....

We whinged and moaned, some of us probably even prayed for that rich owner that had always bypassed us, some people need to be careful what they wish for......:ph34r:

Edited by steveger

1 hour ago, Donny.Owl said:

So you're saying we're overachieving but your not happy as the Blunts are overachieving more than us?

Might be a flash in the pan for them. It happens. It's the exception not the rule but it happens.

We're seventh in the spending stakes relative to the other teams in the league this season.

Looking at the current table we're certainly not overachieving.

Guest mrbluesky
2 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

I wouldn't say miracles.

A lot of money has been spent though. Granted.

Don’t we sit around 7th/8th in the Championship for money spent? Unfortunately as many clubs have learnt it doesn’t buy you success but again that lies at the door of the manager and chairman. 

Just now, mrbluesky said:

Don’t we sit around 7th/8th in the Championship for money spent? Unfortunately as many clubs have learnt it doesn’t buy you success but again that lies at the door of the manager and chairman. 

"It's not what you spend, it's how you spend it"

Martins Money Tips, 2012

Meanwhile ...Wednesdays transfer policy

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

Guest mrbluesky
1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

"It's not what you spend, it's how you spend it"

Martins Money Tips, 2012

Meanwhile ...Wednesdays transfer policy

giphy.gif

So true.