Views of a Neutral

Guest RocketOwl

Guest RocketOwl

As was my birthday weekend my girlfriend came to the game as well as my mum with my dad.

It was frustating game lacking any passion or excitement. That in turn made the atmosphere like a morgue. My gf came to Newcastle last season when we won 2-0. She made reference to how different the atmosphere was. There is a feeling of apathy setting in, it's like we as fans have become almost acceptant of the dross we are being served up. I certainly don't think it's acceptable:

My gf and mum both mentioned why did we have no pace, why do our players seem to be coasting along and why does our team play it backwards so often. Dare I say they also commented on one of our strikers looking like he's never played football before.

What I think makes this season the more frustating is we are 9th now and still just two points off the top 6. It's there to be attacked. 

I think there is an issue with our manager. Why go to Villa and dominate. Bannan was further up and we played with aggression. Saturday Bannan was on Loovens toes again and that made no sense .

I guess my main thoughts now are would we have won that game with FF. I believe the answer is yes. We lack his unpredictability and creative edge. If we can be within distance of the top 6 once he's back we still have a very good chance. 

I just feel like the fans deserve better. With 5 minutes to go none of our players showed any speed or pro activness at getting the ball forward to try and score. 

We are just bang average. 

Guest RocketOwl
3 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

I stopped reading at ‘girlfriend’ that’s like saying I have friends.

Just intersting that someone who doesn't watch a lot of football can see the glaringly obvious yet our manager cannot.

7 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

As was my birthday weekend my girlfriend came to the game as well as my mum with my dad.

It was frustating game lacking any passion or excitement. That in turn made the atmosphere like a morgue. My gf came to Newcastle last season when we won 2-0. She made reference to how different the atmosphere was. There is a feeling of apathy setting in, it's like we as fans have become almost acceptant of the dross we are being served up. I certainly don't think it's acceptable:

My gf and mum both mentioned why did we have no pace, why do our players seem to be coasting along and why does our team play it backwards so often. Dare I say they also commented on one of our strikers looking like he's never played football before. 

What I think makes this season the more frustating is we are 9th now and still just two points off the top 6. It's there to be attacked. 

I think there is an issue with our manager. Why go to Villa and dominate. Bannan was further up and we played with aggression. Saturday Bannan was on Loovens toes again and that made no sense .

I guess my main thoughts now are would we have won that game with FF. I believe the answer is yes. We lack his unpredictability and creative edge. If we can be within distance of the top 6 once he's back we still have a very good chance. 

I just feel like the fans deserve better. With 5 minutes to go none of our players showed any speed or pro activness at getting the ball forward to try and score. 

Yes. Agree.  Hooper did have a poor game.

lol

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

You didn't mention the part played by the opposition. They came for a point and defended well.

Think you're correct that FF would probably have been the difference between 1 point and 3. His absence Is underestimated by many on here imo.

Edited by Muffin Owl
  • Like 1

Just now, Quadzilla said:

Neutral fan? This sounds like your views dressed up as something else

Its his girlfriend FFS!.....

She saw us beat Newcastle 2-0 and found it a total bore...excepting the fact that it was a decent game and it finished 2-1

His Mam saw the same game, and apparently also missed the fact...

So I ask you...

Bearing in mind neither Girlfriend /Girlfriends mum..nor actual poster 

Got the f.ookin' score correct....

How much creedence do we put in the original post?

I go for 2...or maybe ...1

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Bet she was as delighted as you were to see Joao get a run out though eh! Made all the difference.....

46 minutes ago, Muffin Owl said:

You didn't mention the part played by the opposition. They came for a point and defended well.

Think you're correct that FF would probably have been the difference between 1 point and 3. His absence Is underestimated by many on here imo.

They pin pointed our main threats of recent games as being Reach and Butterworth as the main suppliers for Hooper and Rhodes. Then they played tactics to negate that threat. Well played indeed. 

1 hour ago, Muffin Owl said:

They looked the more likely of the two teams to score. If they came for a point then God knows what we turned up for and I'm starting to wonder why I bother turning up.