Illuminated advertising boards

Turn the foooooooooooookin things off..........too bright........doin my eyes in

Season ticket holder for over 40 years.........might be my last........looking from the Kop towards Leppings Lane........it's a football match NOT a disco !!

Edited by twolaptops
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Whatahoot said:

No need to turn them off....just adjust the brightness. The Ladbrokes advert is way to bright it dazzles. It must put the players off and perhaps why some refs are making wrong decisions.

The Ladbrokes one probably reminded the ref he'd had a wedge on at 0-0 final score  when Bannon went down

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Whatahoot said:

No need to turn them off....just adjust the brightness. The Ladbrokes advert is way to bright it dazzles. It must put the players off and perhaps why some refs are making wrong decisions.

Then it needs co-ordinating and used to our advantage......Oppo forward, just about to put it past Westwood...........cue....

LADBROKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He falls over..We go on the break........................

• Haha 5

9 minutes ago, twolaptops said:

Turn the foooooooooooookin things off..........too bright........doin my eyes in

Season ticket holder for over 40 years.........might be my last........looking from the Kop towards Leppings Lane........it's a football match NOT a disco !!

Mentioned it a few times, if the club do read this site they don't seem to want to take any notice.

Money before match day experience.

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Then it needs co-ordinating and used to our advantage......Oppo forward, just about to put it past Westwood...........cue....

LADBROKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He falls over..We go on the break........................

Perhaps we could have an advert with a couple of people on it running and confuse our opponents with how many players we have on the pitch. Might even look like we have pace down the wings !!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Are these the new Version 2.0 ones - seem to remember when we first got them - that they were temporary and soon to be updated?

I suppose they are handy for advertising fictional companies though.....

Very, very bright they are though.

They were the new ones yesterday yes and they are much bigger.

The brightness is way too high, they need to do something about it. 

I sit half way up the south and it is bright up there but not enough to ruin the match. The players do that themselves. 

3 minutes ago, Whatahoot said:

Perhaps we could have an advert with a couple of people on it running and confuse our opponents with how many players we have on the pitch. Might even look like we have pace down the wings !!

Thats a cracking idea....A little blue Wallace, runnin' down the right...A little blue Reach on the left...While both REAL players go through the middle....

It aces my idea of a Bothroyd...Where it just "Sorta stayed where it was"

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, peacock1961 said:

I sit 6 rows up in the south and I cant see the ball. Admittedly its dire at the moment but I buy my ticket to watch the football. If I cant see the football there doesn't seem much point.

is it as bad higher up?

Try watching a corner at Leppings Lane end from 3/4 up the kop......yellow ball...yellow advert....goalie in yellow top.....nightmare

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Thats a cracking idea....A little blue Wallace, runnin' down the right...A little blue Reach on the left...While both REAL players go through the middle....

It aces my idea of a Bothroyd...Where it just "Sorta stayed where it was"

We could have a big Westwood face with his thumbs in his ears, waggling his fingers and his tongue out when opponents attacked, its endless. Keep the boards and turn them up !!!!!