Is it that bad?

36 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

You'd have to have the patience of a saint not to be disgruntled with what was served up yesterday. If they had stayed out and we were still sat their now I wouldn't bet we would have seen a shot on target.

We have played 9 home games so far:

QPR - under par performance - draw the right result.

Sunderland - played reasonably well, probably deserved more than a draw

Forest - played well in patches, deserved the 3 points we got

Brentford - Lucky not be be 3 down by half-time having barely been given a kick, improved 2nd half.

Utd - Shambolic defensive display

Leeds - Really good performance 

Barnsley - Started well but lost our way

Millwall - started well again, did little 2nd half but weren't threatened by a fairly poor side

Bristol - stalemate between 2 ultra tactical teams bereft of any spark of individual creativity.

It's not really been great considering the players we have at our disposal. When our intricate passing game works it is great to watch at times but when teams are able to shut this down we don't really try anything majorly different.

Expectations are high and are not being reach but the expectations are high because we have an expensively assembled squad and the owner has said he wants promotion with a side that is aggressive and attractive to watch.

When you see the league table you have to look twice to believe we are still only 2 points off the play-off places but it's also frustrating because we should be doing better. 

Look I don't disagree, I also believe we should be getting more from this squad than we are.

I just think some people need to not let it make their whole lives negative and bitter. It's a hobby, we all love SWFC and sometimes have to just take a step back because we can't control it at the end of the day. If we could, then it might be a different way of dealing with it.

22 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Kin ell that takes the biscuit, I and many others have supported Wednesday far far far longer than any latter day multi billionaire whom wanted a play thing, then has the nerve to charge fooookin wee pipe turpin prices to get in...yeah 'm a spoiled brat, well fooookme

Do you honestly believe that a section of fans aren't totally overreacting, abusing players and families online, swearing next to kids in the family stand, fighting with other fans, criticising every single aspect of the club and so on? 

That is far beyond being disgruntled at prices and performances. Being annoyed at that is fine, the above is not.

Its erratic, poisonous and helps absolutely no one, least of all themselves and also the club.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Spot on. Are our fans happy that Bristol City, Cardiff and Sheff Utd are amongst the favourites for automatic promotion? If I were DC I’d be livid. 

If you were DC surely you,d think what he does wouldn't you!!

Just saying:nuhiu:.

Edited by Bark1062

3 hours ago, vulva said:

Exactly. We've just won at Villa away, drawn with 3rd in the league and sit 2 points off the playoffs with 2/3rds of the season to go. 

With a team that isn't firing yet. I'd be more worried if they were playing to their full potential. 

It really isn't that bad.  

:carlos:

6 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

No it's not that bad. The negative disease has spread amongst fans, coupled with the modern day sense of entitlement which has made everyone impatient. 

It isn't that bad, im not going to let it ruin my weekend, or life as some people are. 

Im still going to appreciate I go to hillsborough to watch Hooper, Bannan and co rather than the dross of the past 17 years. 

Am I a happy clapper? No. But I'm not letting it rule my life or turn me into a negative, moaning person which feeds onto the next person and so on. 

Getting irate or bitter, over something you can't control, serves no purpose in the grand scheme of your life. 

Albeit the derby was an exception to the above, and do think we should be  improving on where we are.

WAWAW. 

^^^^^^This^^^^^^

Also, somehow & I'm not sure how, I've managed to all but eliminate expectation where Wednesday are concerned, once that happened it allowed me to deal with each result as it comes without all the negatives.

I can't be sure but I put it down to following us through the seventies....after we were relegated in 69/70 at home to Citeh & the subsequent years of really bad football I think it gave me some sort of mental armour that's been fine tuned since & serves me well today.

After any disappointing result I'm over it in anywhere from almost immediately to 24 hrs later, if it's 24 hours then we've just lost to Sheff Utd....it's all about the next game for me not the last one & you know what, I really don't think we are that bad this season, we actually have had some bad decisions but that's football.

I'm not into telling others to get over themselves, if people want to feel like they do about whatever it's up to them but for me, I'm just glad to be a Wednesday fan whatever comes our way.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

It's draws that kill you. We've drawn too many.

If you went yesterday you'd know it's bad. We're wasting a great opportunity in my eyes.

It's boring anti football that's killing me... If looking at league positions and scores is all you're bothered about then... dare I even say it...