Is it that bad?

1 minute ago, Animis said:

I think the league will end up being very tight, with a few points in it from the play offs down to mid table. We'll probably be there and there abouts but we'll probably end up with less points than last season. Who knows, we may end up playing Bristol City over two legs in the play offs - that's how average the league is.

Yeah fully agree, I think a top 1 or 2 might pull away (not the Blades, I could well be proved wrong but I just don't see this run continuing when we get into the return fixture schedule - I'm choosing to believe it's the element of surprise that's helping them out at present :duntmatter:).

But the rest of the division will be nightmarishly close going into the final month IMO. Squeaky bum time, but then it'll all come good with a game to spare like it did in Carlos's first season.

I hope.

Edited by Mr. Tom

56 minutes ago, KernowOwl said:

Sat in a pub, reading the paper with a pint. Looking at the championship table for the first time in a few weeks and... Are things really as bad as myself and a few others making out?

we are in touching distance of the top six and we have lost 5 games but so have united! Looking at the table everyone is losing a game or 2. 

I'm no fan of CC and still think he's not getting the best from this squad but seeing the table today has given me a eye opener. We are still up there! 

I feel wolves will win the league but second spot is up for grabs with about 6 teams fighting for it and I feel that now includes us. 

Going to the pub cos my wife has friends around with their kids was the best thing I've done to change my mood about Wednesday. 

C'mon Wednesday. WAWAW

We're close.

reminds of last season. We made a late - ish run to get in the play offs.

My only complaint is our consistency. I'm not shouting about firing anyone. Just be consistent.  

1 minute ago, Mr. Tom said:

Yeah fully agree, I think a top 1 or 2 might pull away (not the Blades, I could well be proved wrong but I just don't see this run continuing when we get into the return fixture schedule - I'm choosing to believe it's the element of surprise that's helping them out at present :duntmatter:).

But the rest of the division will be nightmarishly close going into the final month IMO. Squeaky bum time, but then it'll all come good with a game to spare like it did in Carlos's first season.

I hope.

Its plausible that we could end up playing them in the play offs.

Imagine CC approach those games like the Huddersfield ones :ghoulguy:

52 minutes ago, KernowOwl said:

Sat in a pub, reading the paper with a pint. Looking at the championship table for the first time in a few weeks and... Are things really as bad as myself and a few others making out?

we are in touching distance of the top six and we have lost 5 games but so have united! Looking at the table everyone is losing a game or 2. 

I'm no fan of CC and still think he's not getting the best from this squad but seeing the table today has given me a eye opener. We are still up there! 

I feel wolves will win the league but second spot is up for grabs with about 6 teams fighting for it and I feel that now includes us. 

Going to the pub cos my wife has friends around with their kids was the best thing I've done to change my mood about Wednesday. 

C'mon Wednesday. WAWAW

No.

But because we're not top of the league Owlstalk will continue to have its usual weekly meltdown until we start winning 5-0 every week and get into the top 4.

• Like 1

Guest Jack the Hat

Expressing frustration at our perpetual under achievement and inability to change tactics is not a meltdown, it's expressing an opinion. You can't handle opinion is different to yours you shouldn't be on a fan forum.

59 minutes ago, poite said:

No. It's all brilliant. We're fantastic and Carlos is the best manager we've ever had. We play brilliant attacking football and look like winning most games 6-0. 

Clap clap clap clap 

As I said I'm not a fan of CC and the football is rubbish but I no longer think the season ended a month ago. 

Im the first to shout and scream at CC, in fact I wanted him gone after burton away last season. But I hadn't looked at the table for some time and really thought we were in the sh!t. Today I saw in fact that we can turn this around. Weather that's with CC or another manager, well, DC will decide that. 

1 hour ago, Jack the Hat said:

Zero shots on target in 90 minutes at home. Boring boring football and underperforming with one of the best squads in the league. Yes it is that bad. We should be challenging for the top 2 but aren't even close. The odd good result papers over the cracks whilst at the same time highlighting the potential of the squad. If you are happy with this then you have much lower expectations than me.

^^^^^^^

This

1 hour ago, Jack the Hat said:

Zero shots on target in 90 minutes at home. Boring boring football and underperforming with one of the best squads in the league. Yes it is that bad. We should be challenging for the top 2 but aren't even close. The odd good result papers over the cracks whilst at the same time highlighting the potential of the squad. If you are happy with this then you have much lower expectations than me.

Fletcher's blocked shot was going in.

Won't win the play-offs with Carlos so i don't get all this solace people take in being near the top 6.Finishing 4th instead of 6th last season hasn't meant a thing.

I've said it before but finishing 3rd with Carlos is worth the same as ending up 15th.Yet no doubt we'll be told it was the 3rd season of improvement.

We must stay in touch of 2nd place and we can still finish 2nd but we are at the maximum gap to it already imo.Once that chance goes the interest of many fans will vanish.

The time we've had to build and money invested should have us pushing Wolves for top spot all season not our newly promoted skint neighbours.

1 hour ago, poite said:

No. It's all brilliant. We're fantastic and Carlos is the best manager we've ever had. We play brilliant attacking football and look like winning most games 6-0. 

Clap clap clap clap 

Clap clap clap what a muppet you are

2 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

No it's not that bad. The negative disease has spread amongst fans, coupled with the modern day sense of entitlement which has made everyone impatient. 

It isn't that bad, im not going to let it ruin my weekend, or life as some people are. 

Im still going to appreciate I go to hillsborough to watch Hooper, Bannan and co rather than the dross of the past 17 years. 

Am I a happy clapper? No. But I'm not letting it rule my life or turn me into a negative, moaning person which feeds onto the next person and so on. 

Getting irate or bitter, over something you can't control, serves no purpose in the grand scheme of your life. 

Albeit the derby was an exception to the above, and do think we should be  improving on where we are.

WAWAW. 

You'd have to have the patience of a saint not to be disgruntled with what was served up yesterday. If they had stayed out and we were still sat their now I wouldn't bet we would have seen a shot on target.

We have played 9 home games so far:

QPR - under par performance - draw the right result.

Sunderland - played reasonably well, probably deserved more than a draw

Forest - played well in patches, deserved the 3 points we got

Brentford - Lucky not be be 3 down by half-time having barely been given a kick, improved 2nd half.

Utd - Shambolic defensive display

Leeds - Really good performance 

Barnsley - Started well but lost our way

Millwall - started well again, did little 2nd half but weren't threatened by a fairly poor side

Bristol - stalemate between 2 ultra tactical teams bereft of any spark of individual creativity.

It's not really been great considering the players we have at our disposal. When our intricate passing game works it is great to watch at times but when teams are able to shut this down we don't really try anything majorly different.

Expectations are high and are not being reach but the expectations are high because we have an expensively assembled squad and the owner has said he wants promotion with a side that is aggressive and attractive to watch.

When you see the league table you have to look twice to believe we are still only 2 points off the play-off places but it's also frustrating because we should be doing better. 

2 hours ago, Jack the Hat said:

couldn't av put it better myself

2 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

coupled with the modern day sense of entitlement w

Kin ell that takes the biscuit, I and many others have supported Wednesday far far far longer than any latter day multi billionaire whom wanted a play thing, then has the nerve to charge fooookin wee pipe turpin prices to get in...yeah 'm a spoiled brat, well fooookme

Edited by sherlyegg
  • Haha 1

Guest RocketOwl
2 hours ago, vulva said:

Exactly. We've just won at Villa away, drawn with 3rd in the league and sit 2 points off the playoffs with 2/3rds of the season to go. 

With a team that isn't firing yet. I'd be more worried if they were playing to their full potential. 

It really isn't that bad.  

It is easy to spin.

The football is crap. 

If it wasn't we could be top.

24 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

You'd have to have the patience of a saint not to be disgruntled with what was served up yesterday. If they had stayed out and we were still sat their now I wouldn't bet we would have seen a shot on target.

We have played 9 home games so far:

QPR - under par performance - draw the right result.

Sunderland - played reasonably well, probably deserved more than a draw

Forest - played well in patches, deserved the 3 points we got

Brentford - Lucky not be be 3 down by half-time having barely been given a kick, improved 2nd half.

Utd - Shambolic defensive display

Leeds - Really good performance 

Barnsley - Started well but lost our way

Millwall - started well again, did little 2nd half but weren't threatened by a fairly poor side

Bristol - stalemate between 2 ultra tactical teams bereft of any spark of individual creativity.

It's not really been great considering the players we have at our disposal. When our intricate passing game works it is great to watch at times but when teams are able to shut this down we don't really try anything majorly different.

Expectations are high and are not being reach but the expectations are high because we have an expensively assembled squad and the owner has said he wants promotion with a side that is aggressive and attractive to watch.

When you see the league table you have to look twice to believe we are still only 2 points off the play-off places but it's also frustrating because we should be doing better. 

Good summary that!

Thỉrd to bottom paragraph is the crucial point - we do look very good when our passing game gets going. However, when the opposition play a physical game, press us and play 3 in the middle, we have a big problem.  We need to have a plan b and c. We need to be able to play with a second formation, I.e. 4-3-3 and we need to bring some pace in January.

The Championship is very competitive and the coaches get their teams fully prepared. We have good players but we need to have a plan up our sleeves. We can’t continue playing this brand of football with the same formation for the rest of the season. We have been found out.