Bored

3 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

I'm bored of our fans at the minute.  The team is the best we've had in 20 years.  We're competing at the right end of the division consistently for the first time in 25 years.  We have a Chairman who's spending money on top players at this level.  Yet our fans do nothing but moan about every single thing at the club.  They turn up and sit in silence for 90 minutes as we battle to a well earned point against the best team to come to Hillsborough this season.  They ***** and moan about the style of play that they begged for a couple of years ago.  They have an expectation that we should be walking over every team we play and give zero credit to any opposition we come up against.  We've become and over entitled bunch of cry babies.  And yes I'm BORED to death of it.

What part of yesterday's match day experience did you enjoy?

4 hours ago, MOwl said:

Is it just me who's bored of Wednesday at the moment? 

I didn't go to the game yesterday, I didn't even bother checking the result till I remembered we'd played in the evening. Then when I did see the result I wasn't shocked at all, nor disappointed 

There's just an air of 'meh' at the moment, and im sure I'm not alone

A few weeks ago I was angry at the club, wanted Carlos sacked and was gutted about the derby result 

Now I'm not that bothered. I might sound a bit flouncey here but i dont have any plans on spending cash at Hillsborough again. Not while the product is so average and the interest isn't there. I dont care about the George Hirst scenario, nor about the shirt or anything else to do with Wednesday at the moment 

And to top it all off its perfectly clear the owner has no interest in the fans, and is only doing stuff to suit his agenda and what he wants 

Which is fair enough, he's spent enough money on us to warrant that. But to me, the average fan, it has created a complete sense of disengagement from the club - something I've never felt in my time supporting Wednesday 

We need a shake up I think, something to get people like me interested and engaged again

The first season under Carlos was great fun, as was the second season (at least towards the end anyway). This season is just dire though. We wont finish top 6, it will be a season wasted, and honestly, I truly sympathise with those who have season tickets this year 

Maybe next year 

Great post mate. Sums up my feelings, but I'm gutted about GH. This just shouldn't be happening, and is very telling in the whole disconnect thing that I feel.

4 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

I've let myself write off the season as a loss.

Feel much better now without the stress of scanning results and table gazing

This won't stop me going to the games and having a great day out with my mates

But it will bring balance back to my nut

Exactly how I feel. Will continue to go to matches in the hope that we will win or maybe even turn in a good performance. However I've distanced myself from the league table. I'm not interested at the moment. All these people saying we're only two points off the play offs. We have greater problems like trying to get a balanced squad, rebuilding for the future and trying to get some feel good factor back at Hillsborough because it's like poison at the moment. I'm just going to try and enjoy it without getting stressed about scrapping for every point. Can't take many more performanceso like yesterday's though.

56 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

Are we not 9th in the league?  Have we not been in the top 6 in the last 2 years?  

Bristol City have lost 3 games all season and we had 2 stone wall penalties turned down.  We restricted them to just as few chances, it was two decent teams cancelling each other out.

But you'l likely expect us to go out and try and score 5 against Real Madrid wouldn't you.  Then be on here blaming the manager for being tactically inept.

You just made up the last bit didn't you? 

Carlos is a poor manager playing shocking football .

1 hour ago, Muffinman said:

Brilliant brilliant.

The entitlement culture. Moaning, short attention spans. Instant gratification and don't want it if it isn't here NOW. No thought about building something lasting, about creating a stable club that does not change managers like bed sheets.

We've been waiting since 1993 for any type of "instant gratification" :biggrin:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mattitheowl said:

Are we not 9th in the league?  Have we not been in the top 6 in the last 2 years?  

Bristol City have lost 3 games all season and we had 2 stone wall penalties turned down.  We restricted them to just as few chances, it was two decent teams cancelling each other out.

But you'l likely expect us to go out and try and score 5 against Real Madrid wouldn't you.  Then be on here blaming the manager for being tactically inept.

Is 9th challenging at the top of the table? No. In three seasons we haven't had a sniff of the automatics. 

This is not in line with the expectations of the fans.

Let me also remind you that the expectations of the fans has been set by the club, the chairman and the manager. NOT  by the fans.

People are paying a lot of money to watch us on the promise of promotion and attacking football. Neither are being delivered.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Muffinman said:

Brilliant brilliant.

The entitlement culture. Moaning, short attention spans. Instant gratification and don't want it if it isn't here NOW. No thought about building something lasting, about creating a stable club that does not change managers like bed sheets.

It's not even 30 years since we last won a trophy - what is wrong with people.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

I'm bored of our fans at the minute.  The team is the best we've had in 20 years.  We're competing at the right end of the division consistently for the first time in 25 years.  We have a Chairman who's spending money on top players at this level.  Yet our fans do nothing but moan about every single thing at the club.  They turn up and sit in silence for 90 minutes as we battle to a well earned point against the best team to come to Hillsborough this season.  They ***** and moan about the style of play that they begged for a couple of years ago.  They have an expectation that we should be walking over every team we play and give zero credit to any opposition we come up against.  We've become and over entitled bunch of cry babies.  And yes I'm BORED to death of it.

They are not the best team to come to hillsborough this season at all! That was the swine the other week, as much as it pains me to say it, it is true. They seem to be walking over everybody they play so why cant we!? Tell you why, its the dire , boring, predictable, slow build up , bobbar possesion football we are playing, and im BORED to death with that!

9 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

Kinda takes my point a step further by saying how garbage our finishing is by comparison. I like to air an opinion occasionally, without doubting other people's intelligence, but if you think the stats I mentioned are worth half a million pounds per week, and if you are claiming to be the font of footballing knowledge you elude to be then I'm chuffed for you. Really I am. I'll just go and get mi cuppa.

13 hours ago, MOwl said:

I didn't go to the game yesterday, I didn't even bother checking the result till I remembered we'd played in the evening. Then when I did see the result I wasn't shocked at all, nor disappointed 

A few weeks ago I was angry at the club, wanted Carlos sacked and was gutted about the derby result 

Now I'm not that bothered. I might sound a bit flouncey here but i dont have any plans on spending cash at Hillsborough again. Not while the product is so average and the interest isn't there. I dont care about the George Hirst scenario, nor about the shirt or anything else to do with Wednesday at the moment 

And to top it all off its perfectly clear the owner has no interest in the fans, and is only doing stuff to suit his agenda and what he wants 

Which is fair enough, he's spent enough money on us to warrant that. But to me, the average fan, it has created a complete sense of disengagement from the club - something I've never felt in my time supporting Wednesday 

We need a shake up I think, something to get people like me interested and engaged again

The first season under Carlos was great fun, as was the second season (at least towards the end anyway). This season is just dire though. We wont finish top 6, it will be a season wasted, and honestly, I truly sympathise with those who have season tickets this year 

Maybe next year 

As if you forgot we played until the evening.

3 minutes ago, modboy said:

Fair play to our YouTube team but they made the extended highlights look much more exciting than I remember at the match itself.

That's exactly what I thought when I watched them. Actually I can't believe I watched them. 

20 hours ago, MOwl said:

Maybe next year 

Ive got a ST and I’ve given it away for the last 2 matches!!

20 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

And here we have ladies and gentlemen...the chairman of the happy clapper society!! 

On a serious note what have you seen this season to be happy about...out of 17 games we’ve had 4 decent games, were drawing games just as much as winning more often than not playing terrible football. 

Now I’m not sure if you went to school or not but drawing games is 2 points lost just as much as it is a point gained. Out of the 6 drawn games I would have happily lost 3 and won 3 of those...Even better lost 2 and won 4 and gone for it. Teams don’t get promoted based on drawing games 0-0!!

• Like 1

I don't understand the fans who say if things don't improve they'll stop going .......only going when a club is  on the up isn't what my idea of what supporting  a football club  is about  ....I guess that's the difference between being a fan of the club and being a supporter ......supporters support, fans just go when times are good .

7 minutes ago, torryowl said:

I don't understand the fans who say if things don't improve they'll stop going .......only going when a club is  on the up isn't what my idea of what supporting  a football club  is about  ....I guess that's the difference between being a fan of the club and being a supporter ......supporters support, fans just go when times are good .

It’s not really that . I went home and away during the dreadful Irvine / megson season so I’m certainly not adverse for sticking it out through tough times. It’s the fact that it’s so predictable , we can almost guess the scores , Villa game aside. We are clearly coming up short yet continue to do the same thing. Clubs like the pigs and Cardiff (with worse squads and considerably cheaper ticket prices) play without fear and are exciting to watch . Everything about Wednesday has a ‘can’t really be @rsed’ feel to it. 

I will go to games, but I just couldn’t be bothered to rush from Nottingham all the way to Sheffield on Saturday to watch a bore draw. No matter how much I moan I’ve never felt like that before .