Bored

25 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

Surely the quality of a team is defined by its final league position?  Otherwise you're simply conjecturing about how well a group of players "gel" which is an impossible thing to do.

Huddersfield finished below us last season and they looked a far better team than us even though nobody will ever convince me that going into those playoff matches they had a better starting 11 than us.

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

Huddersfield finished below us last season and they looked a far better team than us even though nobody will ever convince me that going into those playoff matches they had a better starting 11 than us.

TBH - I don't think I've got over the two Huddersfield games - the most bizarre time of watching Wednesday for some time. Playing injured players, playing for draws, playing for one moment of inspiration in over 200 mins of play - baffling. 

Guest The Horse
24 minutes ago, Animis said:

Yesterday was the first time I really thought we are struggling. There have been countless first halfs like that, but we normally improve in the 2nd and score in a 15/20min good spell. 

Yesterday was different and quite worrying that we had no answer; no inspiration; no plan B (other than throwing Joao on), no leadership, no change in tempo, no pressure. 

For a home team; one with promotion aspirations, yesterday was baffling to say the least.

But CC says it's ok, and a well earned point.

The leadership thing is a big one for me.
I'm not sure how Loovens is the Captain.
It was quiet as a library yesterday and the only ones you could see and actually hear shouting, motivating and encouraging the rest were Westwood and Hooper.
The rest were as meek as mice.
Hooper looked fed up yesterday, was finding space and making runs only for players to turn back and / or pass sideways and he let the rest know it.
I know forwards aren't often Captains but Hooper should be ours for me.

1 minute ago, Geosword said:

The leadership thing is a big one for me.
I'm not sure how Loovens is the Captain.
It was quiet as a library yesterday and the only ones you could see and actually hear shouting, motivating and encouraging the rest were Westwood and Hooper.
The rest were as meek as mice.
Hooper looked fed up yesterday, was finding space and making runs only for players to turn back and / or pass sideways and he let the rest know it.
I know forwards aren't often Captains but Hooper should be ours for me.

This team is very quiet. Wallace sometimes offers his opinion, but i didn't realise he was playing for much of the first half.

44 minutes ago, cowl said:

Yesterday's game was awful, but I'm actually enjoying this season more than last season.

This is still a very frustrating season, mind.

really? are you having an extra couple of pints before game or an extra bit of sauce on whatever you eat? there is no way I'm enjoying what I'm watching its downright awful to watch ,last season wasn't much better 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mattitheowl said:

I'm bored of our fans at the minute.  The team is the best we've had in 20 years.  We're competing at the right end of the division consistently for the first time in 25 years.  We have a Chairman who's spending money on top players at this level.  Yet our fans do nothing but moan about every single thing at the club.  They turn up and sit in silence for 90 minutes as we battle to a well earned point against the best team to come to Hillsborough this season.  They ***** and moan about the style of play that they begged for a couple of years ago.  They have an expectation that we should be walking over every team we play and give zero credit to any opposition we come up against.  We've become and over entitled bunch of cry babies.  And yes I'm BORED to death of it.

This all day long. 

42 minutes ago, Animis said:

TBH - I don't think I've got over the two Huddersfield games - the most bizarre time of watching Wednesday for some time. Playing injured players, playing for draws, playing for one moment of inspiration in over 200 mins of play - baffling. 

Huge opportunity missed thanks to poor management and baffling tactics.

1 hour ago, MOwl said:

Is it just me who's bored of Wednesday at the moment? 

I didn't go to the game yesterday, I didn't even bother checking the result till I remembered we'd played in the evening. Then when I did see the result I wasn't shocked at all, nor disappointed 

There's just an air of 'meh' at the moment, and im sure I'm not alone

A few weeks ago I was angry at the club, wanted Carlos sacked and was gutted about the derby result 

Now I'm not that bothered. I might sound a bit flouncey here but i dont have any plans on spending cash at Hillsborough again. Not while the product is so average and the interest isn't there. I dont care about the George Hirst scenario, nor about the shirt or anything else to do with Wednesday at the moment 

And to top it all off its perfectly clear the owner has no interest in the fans, and is only doing stuff to suit his agenda and what he wants 

Which is fair enough, he's spent enough money on us to warrant that. But to me, the average fan, it has created a complete sense of disengagement from the club - something I've never felt in my time supporting Wednesday 

We need a shake up I think, something to get people like me interested and engaged again

The first season under Carlos was great fun, as was the second season (at least towards the end anyway). This season is just dire though. We wont finish top 6, it will be a season wasted, and honestly, I truly sympathise with those who have season tickets this year 

Maybe next year 

I'm bored aswell pal but I will always check the score out while we are playing if I'm not there have done all my life, you can't be a Wednesdayite if your just not interested any more?

I was in two minds whether or not to go yesterday.

Had a nagging feeling we’d be rubbish, was hung over from Friday night and didn’t perk up until about 13:00, had loads to do at home, and knew it was going to turn cold after half time.

Anyway, I went. Really regretted going in the end. It was so damn boring. Next time I’ll probably think twice.

Some of you might call someone like that a part-timer, but it’s so easy to find better and more satisfying things to do with your precious weekends.

Edited by Chris_B_SWFC

Having lived and worked in Indonesia for more years than I care to remember I tend to get to 1 or 2 matches per year so I'm more dependent than I'd like to be, on TV coverage and statistics. So when I have consistently witnessed statistics which credit us with anything from 8 to 25 shots in any given game but, pathetically imho, anything from 0 to 4 or 5 (at best) of these are actually on target, that is simply unacceptable from a matchday squad with a collective salary of around HALF A MILLION POUNDS PER WEEK. That my friends, is an absolute disgrace...

3 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

I'm bored of our fans at the minute.  The team is the best we've had in 20 years.  We're competing at the right end of the division consistently for the first time in 25 years.  We have a Chairman who's spending money on top players at this level.  Yet our fans do nothing but moan about every single thing at the club.  They turn up and sit in silence for 90 minutes as we battle to a well earned point against the best team to come to Hillsborough this season.  They ***** and moan about the style of play that they begged for a couple of years ago.  They have an expectation that we should be walking over every team we play and give zero credit to any opposition we come up against.  We've become and over entitled bunch of cry babies.  And yes I'm BORED to death of it.

You might want to check the league table. We aren't competing at the right end of the division.

That's why people are pissed off. 

I don't care if we're playing Real Madrid. Not having a shot on target when playing at home is pathetic.

• Like 1

There are too many home games where we are on the backfoot. The amount of 50/50 headers we lose, the amount of times we get out muscled.  Tactitcally inept, a team playing as though they are all strangers with one another.  Whether Wednesday are in your blood or not, folk arnt going to stump up hard earned cash to watch this shower trying to perform. 

3 hours ago, modboy said:

I didn't even realise we were on TV midweek until last night 

Have a massive + from me.

I didn't know until I read this post!!!

Fantastic. Whichever idiot chose Ipswich v Us for a midweek Sky match is now on my (Mrs H's) Christmas card list.

The Apprentice with the kids, followed by watching the match without knowing the score, almost certainly drinking too much wine, and almost certainly staying up way too late to post on here after the 3-0 Brazil-like win.

Thank you modboy.

13 minutes ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

You might want to check the league table. We aren't competing at the right end of the division.

That's why people are pissed off. 

I don't care if we're playing Real Madrid. Not having a shot on target when playing at home is pathetic.

Are we not 9th in the league?  Have we not been in the top 6 in the last 2 years?  

Bristol City have lost 3 games all season and we had 2 stone wall penalties turned down.  We restricted them to just as few chances, it was two decent teams cancelling each other out.

But you'l likely expect us to go out and try and score 5 against Real Madrid wouldn't you.  Then be on here blaming the manager for being tactically inept.

Just not bothered...

24 minutes ago, WMJ4ever said:

Having lived and worked in Indonesia for more years than I care to remember I tend to get to 1 or 2 matches per year so I'm more dependent than I'd like to be, on TV coverage and statistics. So when I have consistently witnessed statistics which credit us with anything from 8 to 25 shots in any given game but, pathetically imho, anything from 0 to 4 or 5 (at best) of these are actually on target, that is simply unacceptable from a matchday squad with a collective salary of around HALF A MILLION POUNDS PER WEEK. That my friends, is an absolute disgrace...

Here's the stats from a team that are being touted as "invincibles" this season:

http://bbc.in/2zK8xB3

Against a team at the wrong end of the league too.  

Only stats that matter are the ones in the goals column.

Here's Chelsea with only 7, scoring 4.

http://bbc.in/2zbSwEw

It's so sadly clear that the vast majority of our fans simply don't understand football!

Edited by mattitheowl

Just not bothered...