Bored

Is it just me who's bored of Wednesday at the moment? 

I didn't go to the game yesterday, I didn't even bother checking the result till I remembered we'd played in the evening. Then when I did see the result I wasn't shocked at all, nor disappointed 

There's just an air of 'meh' at the moment, and im sure I'm not alone

A few weeks ago I was angry at the club, wanted Carlos sacked and was gutted about the derby result 

Now I'm not that bothered. I might sound a bit flouncey here but i dont have any plans on spending cash at Hillsborough again. Not while the product is so average and the interest isn't there. I dont care about the George Hirst scenario, nor about the shirt or anything else to do with Wednesday at the moment 

And to top it all off its perfectly clear the owner has no interest in the fans, and is only doing stuff to suit his agenda and what he wants 

Which is fair enough, he's spent enough money on us to warrant that. But to me, the average fan, it has created a complete sense of disengagement from the club - something I've never felt in my time supporting Wednesday 

We need a shake up I think, something to get people like me interested and engaged again

The first season under Carlos was great fun, as was the second season (at least towards the end anyway). This season is just dire though. We wont finish top 6, it will be a season wasted, and honestly, I truly sympathise with those who have season tickets this year 

Maybe next year 

Edited by MOwl
  • Like 2

I'm bored of our fans at the minute.  The team is the best we've had in 20 years.  We're competing at the right end of the division consistently for the first time in 25 years.  We have a Chairman who's spending money on top players at this level.  Yet our fans do nothing but moan about every single thing at the club.  They turn up and sit in silence for 90 minutes as we battle to a well earned point against the best team to come to Hillsborough this season.  They ***** and moan about the style of play that they begged for a couple of years ago.  They have an expectation that we should be walking over every team we play and give zero credit to any opposition we come up against.  We've become and over entitled bunch of cry babies.  And yes I'm BORED to death of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just not bothered...

1 minute ago, modboy said:

No way is it the best "team"

Squad of individuals perhaps, but team not a chance 

I actually think we had a better “team” that first season Brian Laws was here when we used to play, fast, attacking, exciting football under him and we finished about 8th/9th I think.

Individually that group of players was nowhere near as good as the ones we have now but they were a better team and far far more enjoyable to watch.

I’ve actually written this season off now, I don’t believe we’ll make the playoffs playing as we are and so I just go to Hillsborough in the hope of being entertained... sadly there’s not much chance of that with Carlos in charge.

1 minute ago, modboy said:

I'd say either of the L1 promotion teams played better as a whole.

Carlos first season played better too

We look like a team of individuals at the moment which is baffling 

And you've just lost all credibility with me for that nonsense statement.  You really think a team that finished 5th in League 1 was better than a team that finished 4th in the Championship?  Take off the cry baby glasses and look at things with a level of objectivity.  We're having a season that's about 10 points below expectations so far.  But to suggest this team wouldn't get promoted from League 1 is utterly comical!

Just not bothered...

2 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I actually think we had a better “team” that first season Brian Laws was here when we used to play, fast, attacking, exciting football under him and we finished about 8th/9th I think.

Individually that group of players was nowhere near as good as the ones we have now but they were a better team and far far more enjoyable to watch.

I’ve actually written this season off now, I don’t believe we’ll make the playoffs playing as we are and so I just go to Hillsborough in the hope of being entertained... sadly there’s not much chance of that with Carlos in charge.

And people moan at being called customers.  They are part of the problem (not aimed directly at you TrickyTrev).

Just not bothered...

1 minute ago, mattitheowl said:

And you've just lost all credibility with me for that nonsense statement.  You really think a team that finished 5th in League 1 was better than a team that finished 4th in the Championship?  Take off the cry baby glasses and look at things with a level of objectivity.  We're having a season that's about 10 points below expectations so far.  But to suggest this team wouldn't get promoted from League 1 is utterly comical!

I don’t believe he said this team wouldn’t get promoted from L1, I think his point was that with far more limited resources the manager gotbth playing as a better TEAM, getting far more out of the players he had as opposed to Carlos who is under performing with the players he has.

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

I don’t believe he said this team wouldn’t get promoted from L1, I think his point was that with far more limited resources the manager gotbth playing as a better TEAM, getting far more out of the players he had as opposed to Carlos who is under performing with the players he has.

Surely the quality of a team is defined by its final league position?  Otherwise you're simply conjecturing about how well a group of players "gel" which is an impossible thing to do.

Just not bothered...

Yesterday was the first time I really thought we are struggling. There have been countless first halfs like that, but we normally improve in the 2nd and score in a 15/20min good spell. 

Yesterday was different and quite worrying that we had no answer; no inspiration; no plan B (other than throwing Joao on), no leadership, no change in tempo, no pressure. 

For a home team; one with promotion aspirations, yesterday was baffling to say the least.

But CC says it's ok, and a well earned point.

19 minutes ago, Animis said:

Yesterday was the first time I really thought we are struggling. There have been countless first halfs like that, but we normally improve in the 2nd and score in a 15/20min good spell. 

Yesterday was different and quite worrying that we had no answer; no inspiration; no plan B (other than throwing Joao on), no leadership, no change in tempo, no pressure. 

For a home team; one with promotion aspirations, yesterday was baffling to say the least.

But CC says it's ok, and a well earned point.

We only have one way in which to play and if it doesn’t work then that’s it

We don’t look dangerous from set plays 

We haven’t got anyone who can run in behind

We can’t outmuscle teams

Even when we were skint, we could throw on JJ or Helen and let them cause problems with their sheer pace. Our bench is pretty much like for like

Its all very one dimensional 

Edited by Stoop