Bristol City in for Barry Bannan

19 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Well we are not going to get promoted playing 442 with Bannan as one of the two centre midfielders.  It is that simple. Because in some games teams will completely dominate midfield and we will not pick up enough points .

Some games like Villa where they played 442 and stood off us we will do great, other games like yesterday we will look like a Sunday League team

Carlos won't sell him

Carlos won't change the way we play 

so we are cream crackered really 

This is Carlos's fault not Bannan's.

Asking him to do a job that some weeks he won't be capable of doing 

Yet again you say this, and it is so wrong.

Our record with Bannan as one of two CMs is top two.

Show us how we wouldn't win enough points, using facts rather than cliche.

When you look at how Bannan likes to play the game, you’d think he’d fit perfectly into that Bristol City side and I think a young manager such as Johnson who like his teams to play expansive attacking football would be able to get the best out of Bannan.

As for the player himself, he surely has ambitions to play at the highest level possible and at this moment in time I’d have to say that Bristol City look a far better bet to finish in the top 6 than we do.

3 hours ago, dumboldowl said:

If Bannan were to leave we might start passing the ball forwards a bit more, then we might create a few more shots on goal than we did yesterday (none, according to the Sunday papers).

As much as I like B.B., you have a point. We were clueless in MF yesterday - no idea on what to do with the ball. Rhodes & Hopper constantly coming deep cos of no service. 

Said it ever since Hull play off final, our midfield isn’t good enough

1 minute ago, Essix Blue said:

As much as I like B.B., you have a point. We were clueless in MF yesterday - no idea on what to do with the ball. Rhodes & Hopper constantly coming deep cos of no service. 

Said it ever since Hull play off final, our midfield isn’t good enough

He dropped too deep.....I believe mainly to stop the Lees to Loovens to Westwood rinse and repeat that we often fall into...

When he gets further forward like at Villa, he can cause chaos with the quick intelligent pass...playing as he was yesterday, its either a "Hollywood" ball or a sideways pass...We only played one decent ball yesterday that was a superb outside of the foot pass from Wallace to Hunt...Reach was missing first half, the left side was impotent both in going forward and defending...total lack of consistency by the players..

18 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Yet again you say this, and it is so wrong.

Our record with Bannan as one of two CMs is top two.

Show us how we wouldn't win enough points, using facts rather than cliche.

Your the stats man not me. I watch the games instead and I see too many games like yesterday where 442 let us down and where we were completely dominated in midfield until the last 20 when City sat back. I presume you have some other reason for this domination. 

Anyway it doesn't really matter what me or you think as I said Carlos will keep doing it and we will find out the end of the season 

1 minute ago, oldishowl said:

Your the stats man not me. I watch the games instead and I see too many games like yesterday where 442 let us down and where we were completely dominated in midfield until the last 20 when City sat back. I presume you have some other reason for this domination. 

Anyway it doesn't really matter what me or you think as I said Carlos will keep doing it and we will find out the end of the season 

Sadly I suspect your final sentence is wrong. We wont find out, because Carlos will revert to 3 CMs, just as he did in 15/16, 16/17 and the start of 17/18....and just like those periods, it won't work and we will drop off.

5 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

After another season of failure this year, it would be natural for our better players to start looking elsewhere if they want promotion.

We have several who would fancy a crack at the Premier league, and they know they won't achieve that with Carlos.

Hit the nail on the head mate. 

6 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

After another season of failure this year, it would be natural for our better players to start looking elsewhere if they want promotion.

We have several who would fancy a crack at the Premier league, and they know they won't achieve that with Carlos.

After another season of failure this year many of our supporters will be looking elsewhere, then perhaps DC will do something about the CC situation.

9 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

A while ago someone asked Lee Johnson

If he could have any player in the Championship, who would he chose

He named Bannan

This has snowballed from that

This. Lee Johnson has openly admitted he likes Bannan as a player but we won't be signing him any time soon IMHO. I think a few of my fellow reds are putting 2+2 together and getting anything but 4.