Bristol City in for Barry Bannan

Bannan can either be part of the answer or part of the problem in our current predicament. 

When he's sat in front of the centre half pairing of Loovens and Lees it's ineffective and painful to watch. When he's a further 20 yards forward playing one twos with Hooper and Rhodes it's very effective and a delight to watch. 

He has and still needs a Carlton Palmer type playing next to him doing the combative work, protecting him and allowing him space to be our creative player. 

Bad and as harsh it may sound, I think we need a bit of a clear out anyway, too many people are too comfatable at SWFC, ageing squad, big contracts and seem unmotivated and uninspired, Bannan is influential in the way we play at present, but it's evident we need a new system anyway. 

If if we got a good fee, I'd be happy to see him and a few other go, we are is desperate need of a new dynamic 

9 minutes ago, JUNNY said:

10 million at least.

He is world class on his day and has the odd bad game but who doesnt.

World class?

Bloody hell, I like to wind the piggies up but even I wouldn’t use that

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

39 minutes ago, Animis said:

Bannan can either be part of the answer or part of the problem in our current predicament. 

When he's sat in front of the centre half pairing of Loovens and Lees it's ineffective and painful to watch. When he's a further 20 yards forward playing one twos with Hooper and Rhodes it's very effective and a delight to watch. 

He has and still needs a Carlton Palmer type playing next to him doing the combative work, protecting him and allowing him space to be our creative player. 

Good post Animis and the source of our problems IMO.

You know it's going to be a struggle when your playmaker is operating on our own 18 yard line.

I'm really pleased for Barry that he is getting such accolade this season. He was superb in 15/16, very good in 16/17 despite Carlos pulling him deep and often wide, and has been our star along with Hooper this season.

He gets MoM nearly every time we are on Sky, he is picked out by neutrals and oppos as our best player, and now our fans are loving him.

Superb player, and no surprise that figures like 10m are being bandied around.

If we think we are dull now, imagine without Barry!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BingleyOwl said:

Not a chance :tango:

But some of their fans seem to think so. 

Get your teeth into this http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/190342-barry-bannan/

Some of the replies are golden.

Just 3 months ago we were laughing at Sheffield United fans thinking they had a shot of scraping the playoffs

Just 12 months ago we were laughing at Huddersfield fans thinking they had a shot at promotion

If the last season and a bit haven't taught you to be humble, I don't know what will. Face it, we are not ahead of clubs like Bristol City anymore, and saying otherwise is just an exercise in sticking your head in the sand

Well we are not going to get promoted playing 442 with Bannan as one of the two centre midfielders.  It is that simple. Because in some games teams will completely dominate midfield and we will not pick up enough points .

Some games like Villa where they played 442 and stood off us we will do great, other games like yesterday we will look like a Sunday League team

Carlos won't sell him

Carlos won't change the way we play 

so we are cream crackered really 

This is Carlos's fault not Bannan's.

Asking him to do a job that some weeks he won't be capable of doing 

2 hours ago, dumboldowl said:

If Bannan were to leave we might start passing the ball forwards a bit more, then we might create a few more shots on goal than we did yesterday (none, according to the Sunday papers).

So Bannan is the whipping boy again. He was the only yesterday who the tenacity go burst through and at least try and get us a goal. Same against Villa when Rhodes scored. You and quite a few on here are so blinkered it makes me think you only read the papers as you certainly cant go to the same games as me. Try looking at Loovens, Lees and Fox at putting the ball sideways and backwards FFS. If Bannan goes we are well and truly f**ked.

3 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

After another season of failure this year, it would be natural for our better players to start looking elsewhere if they want promotion.

We have several who would fancy a crack at the Premier league, and they know they won't achieve that with Carlos.

How do you know players think CC isn't good enough to get us promoted? I assume you must know several players personally in the squad then?