Success...what is it for you?

5 hours ago, hirstysboots said:

As we ‘celebrate’ seven years since the club was served with a winding up order and St Milan stepped in to rescue us, I see success as being the strides the club has made since then. Yes we now need to kick on, yes it can get frustrating, but I am realistic enough to accept that establishing ourselves as a championship club was key. I am thankful I still have a club to support and hopeful that we’ll be back where we belong soon. I guess it’s the sheer hope that is the most frustrating!  

Are we still gonna be banging this drum in 2040?

In terms of money spent (compared to others) in the last 3 years, and how far that's taken us, in that time, got to say it's been a success.

Problem is, expectations are much higher than our reality.

We came from a foundation of Milan's budget buys, shrewd as some of them were, to having a stronger budget, but not silly money and not huge by the Division standards. 

It's like giving someone £20,000,000 to improve us, now, and someone else the same to improve, say, Barnsley and then say we're now even... No, we'd have the advantage of having a better platform from which to build from.

Yet our fans think that our spending should have instantly catapulted us into a top 2 team. All those that were stronger than us in 14/15 and have also spent to improve should now just make way for us!

It's not all about money, there'll always be exceptions. I'd say we were the exception in CC's first season and we're now a victim of that success, as we now want lobster every year...

If we'd had more gradual progress and a couple of "par for the course" finishes, in the last 2 years, like top 10, then top 6. I think people would have a bit more patience.

Of course ticket prices and the like do muddy the water.

6 minutes ago, Davidioso said:

Success is getting into the Prem and being bored out of your skull watching WBA style football struggling to avoid relegation

so the owners can top up their personal fortunes.

I won't accept anything less!

lol.after a season of it..Wednesday fans on here....

"We should be slapping teams like Man City about at home....Sort it out Jose"